It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown objects from mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Different dust devils. Different shadows.
Another Martian dust devil. With a well defined shadow.

www.msss.com...

When this dust devil was spied in Amazonis Planitia on April 10th, the MOC was looking straight down. Usually when the camera is looking down the dust devil will appear as a circular, fuzzy patch with a straight shadow indicating its columnar shape. In this case, however, the dust devil is somewhat curved and kinked---its shape is best seen in the shadow it casts to the right.

edit on 2/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Looks like CGI to me??

and that shadow, come on?? you wouldn't accept this from anyone else would you now??

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

Yeah, you're right.
The images in the OP are probably CGI too.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right.

It is a good possibility, it is very tough to believe half of what you see these days, and almost none of what we hear!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yup.
There's no MRO. How could there possibly be such a thing?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah, you're right.

Your pic does look odd.
The top half of the dust devil is hardly visible yet the shadow is crystal clear..

But still, it's definitly not perfectly straight as in the OP's pic..
Nice theory Phage but I'd like a little more proof..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You didn't read the caption for the image?

You want an identical dust devil image? Show me two snowflakes that are the same then get back to me. Until then, never mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

You didn't read the caption for the image?

You want an identical dust devil image? Show me two snowflakes that are the same then get back to me. Until then, never mind.

Never mind..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
If I may sir,and I could be wrong,

Your not wrong but you can get the image source from GE... I just am to lazy right now.. But ArMaP or Phage should be along shortly to tell us its a dust devil

reply to post by OrionHunterX

You really need to flip em to see they are craters?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I don't know about your shadow vs track hypothesis... and NASA disagrees with you also

What caused the streaks in this Martian crater? Since the above image shows streaks occurring both inside and outside the crater, they were surely created after the crater-causing impact. Newly formed trails like these presented researchers with a tantalizing martian mystery but have now been identified as likely the work of miniature wind vortices known to occur on the red planet - martian dust devils

apod.nasa.gov...

And no they are NOT CGI

Dark squiggle is trail... shadow is smaller and darker

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a498e2d303b.gif[/atsimg]

What is 8 kilometers (5 miles) high, forms in the mid-afternoon, and cannot be found the next day? A Martian dust devil! The arrow in the left image (MOC2-141a, above) points to the tallest (8 km, 5 mi) of several dust devils spied by the Mars Global Surveyor MOC Wide Angle camera during its global geodesy campaign in May. The above two pictures (MOC2-141a and MOC2-141b, top row) are centered near 36°N, 159°W in northern Amazonis Planitia. Each image covers an area 88 kilometers (55 miles) across, and each shows similar features on the ground, such as the two partially-buried craters at the center left.
www.msss.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
That is fascinating regarding the dust devil activity. I was not aware mars has enough wind activity to produce them. Cool stuff!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
it's these guys. (turn up the volume)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
and a bollocks! ioO
edit on 23/2/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
edit edit edit edit, it was one image when I replied... bah!

edit on 23/2/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mbaker90

What do you think it is?!
ANOTHER WORLD!
Beeings, water , their homes , once there were lakes , trees , animals , ALL THE "MENU" !
Of course , nasa will never say it!
They whant us in "dumm+ very stupid+ ignorant position/state" !
Bussines as usual...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The "dome" is likely just the central peak of a very old & weathered impact crater.

Central peaks – Peaks formed in the central area of the floor of a large crater. For larger craters (typically a few tens of kilometers in diameter) the excavated crater becomes so great that it collapses on itself. Collapse of the material back into the crater pushes up the mound that forms the central peak. At the same time, the rock beneath the crater rebounds, or bounces back up to add to the peak.

Link

I can't say for certain, but this is my best guess. Nice pics!
edit on 23-2-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Yeah, you're right.

LOL! Thanks for that retort Phage. I nearly gagged! Welcome back too my friend.

IRM

edit on 23/2/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Different dust devils. Different shadows.
Another Martian dust devil. With a well defined shadow.

www.msss.com...

When this dust devil was spied in Amazonis Planitia on April 10th, the MOC was looking straight down. Usually when the camera is looking down the dust devil will appear as a circular, fuzzy patch with a straight shadow indicating its columnar shape. In this case, however, the dust devil is somewhat curved and kinked---its shape is best seen in the shadow it casts to the right.

edit on 2/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Oh come on. By no stretch of the imagination does a semi opaque object like a a dust devil create a crisp edged shadow like that. Even a solid object would create a shadow that gets more blurred the further it is from the object.

FAKE shadow.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Oh come on. By no stretch of the imagination does a semi opaque object like a a dust devil create a crisp edged shadow like that. Even a solid object would create a shadow that gets more blurred the further it is from the object.

FAKE shadow.

Lmfao ... ok mr mars-ologist.

Indeed, it's no stretch of imagination, why? Because clouds can form very sharp looking shadows on the earths surface when blocking sunlight and observed from above. However, if you are down next to it, the edge would be less defined and more spread out until point of shadow is at it's highest.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ok guys, to all the people that think i faked the last image, i left the coordinates at the bottom so you could go there and see it yourself. dont be lazy and check it out with your own eyes

and no CGI lol
edit on 2/23/2011 by mbaker90 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join