It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck -Fox News - Rush All Belong To A Union

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by mydarkpassenger

There is a difference between public and private sector unions, as well as voluntary unions and forced unions.

Please learn the differences before spouting off.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

A contract is a contract. Please learn that before making foolish statements, mmk?

OK. Simply change the new laws to take effect when the current contract ends.

Any problems with that approach?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I think it's sick that people cannot differentiate between the two vastly different concepts of a Union in the Public Sector vs one in the Private Sector.

But then again I realize how UNEDUCATED our nation is. And then realize that the very teachers who allowed my nation to crumble into retardation, are the same ones out protesting with their Union pals to try and force the Govt to pay them huge bloated salaries with undeserved benefits.

i too struggle with the lack of higher-order thought and abstraction that these "union" people evidence.

for a while, i thought that maybe it wasn't because they could not engage in abstract thought and differentiation, it was because they would not.

now, im becoming more and more convinced that these addled union "workers" are actually suffering from diagnosable cognitive and intellectual deficits.

if you don't explain these differences with a cartoon video set to catchy music, they will not understand something even this simple.

edit on 22-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

And that has to do with radio jockies how?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

www.aftra.com

Did you know Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and all talking heads of Fox belong to a union?

(visit the link for the full news article)

Did you know the Union they belong to is for private sector workers, and not public service? Talking heads from all the stations, including MSNBC and CNN are all private employees who work for a private business who makes their money from sales of ad space and merchandise. Although singling out Fox is humerous in and of itself because of the accusations you make...

The Unions they are talking about represents public sector workers whos salary comes from taxes, and not a private enterprise.

HUGE difference.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Fine. I will play your little game.

--[I]More controversially, the governor is calling for major changes to workers' collective bargaining rights. He wants to limit collective bargaining to wages; limit contracts to one year; restrict wage increases, unless approved by a referendum; and force unions to stage annual votes to maintain certification, among other steps. [B]All of those changes would take effect upon the expiration of existing contracts.

Link

[/I]--

So you were saying?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
On avergae -

Public schools spend a little more than 10,500 per pupil
Low test scores permeate the public school system.

Private schools spend an average of 8,600 perpupil.
Test scores are higher than public schools, and the drop out rate is less.

Why?

Because private schools base their foundation on the concept that teachers are held accountible. If they are not performing their job in an adequate manner, they can be terminated.

Unions back in the day were needed, nd some industries today still need them. Teachers though I dont agree with. I dont think any group should reward bad or substandard performance by forcing the taxpayers to keep them employed.

If they are bad at their job, why would be keep them? This mentality is EXACTLY why the US has a 14 trillion dollar debt. We the people quit caring about our representatives, aloowing them to stay in office for subtandard / poor performance.

Continually demanding more and more money, vacation time and a shorter work week while the economy is in the tank is just plain assinine. They are out of touch with whats going on, and are failing to grasp the concept that if people are out of work, they arent paying taxes which means less money to go around, which mean cuts must be made which means the teachers need to be realistic.

There is not such thing as job security.

Ex

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Ex

www.aftra.com

Did you know Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and all talking heads of Fox belong to a union?

(visit the link for the full news article)

Did you know the Union they belong to is for private sector workers, and not public service? Talking heads from all the stations, including MSNBC and CNN are all private employees who work for a private business who makes their money from sales of ad space and merchandise. Although singling out Fox is humerous in and of itself because of the accusations you make...

The Unions they are talking about represents public sector workers whos salary comes from taxes, and not a private enterprise.

HUGE difference.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

If you are truely so concerned about the amount of taxes used to pay these hard working folks,
why in heavens name would you support Wisconsin's tax break for the wealthy?

The truth is, if they break this union do you really think any private sector union
will even have a chance to survive?
Maybe that's one Mudock and the media giants are going to go after next!
private sector............
I would love to see how they would react when it's Glenn and Rush taking a pay cut,
for the good of the company!!
edit on 2/22/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This is some of the most hilarious news I have heard in awhile.

Am I surprised by their hypocrisy...no...not at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

. . .

If you are truely so concerned about the amount of taxes used to pay these hard working folks,

. . .

The tax cuts will cost the state a projected $140 million in tax revenue -- but not until the next two-year budget, from July 2011 to June 2013.

They are not in effect yet.

Furthermore . . .

Walker signed a law on Jan. 31 that says that companies that relocate to Wisconsin will not have to pay corporate taxes for two years. The law stipulates that the company must move at least 51 percent of the workers on its payroll or at least those who account for $200,000 in wages. Walker also signed into law a bill that gives small tax breaks to companies that create jobs.

If companies move in, you get more taxpayers. More taxpayers means more income. More income means better pay for public workers.
edit on 2/22/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
"There is a huge difference between unions in the PRIVATE sector where PROFITS are the central aspect, and unions in the GOVT/PUBLIC sector where tax payer funds are being wasted.

Nonsense...how is paying a fair wage to public sector workers a waste of taxpayer's money? How about the banks that invested the pension funds in poo?

But it's easier to blame your neighbour who is not-quite-as-screwed than to blame the source of your woes.
That would take...work.

Ex

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

They aren't going to stop with the unions either,
Koch brothers and Walker's proposal to sell state energy plants

The labor issues were obvious and got all the attention for a while. But then people started uncovering the fact that the bill would hand the Walker administration sweeping powers to revamp Medicaid with little public and legislative input.

Now a third piece of the 144-page bill is making headlines -- a power grab some critics believe could be political payback to the conservative Koch brothers.

The bill allows the Walker administration, without approval of the public services commission and without a competitive bidding process, to sell off or lease the state's several dozen energy plants to private companies.

You have no Idea what you are defending , my republican friends!!

Read This For The OMG Effect

more....

Charles and David Koch, owners of Koch Industries, the largest privately owned company in the U.S.
with 70,000 employees and annual sales of $100 billion in the fiscal year 2008.
Among their holdings in Wisconsin are significant lumber and coal interests,
a network of gasoline supply terminals, and a toilet paper factory.

edit on 2/22/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Who pays the public worker?

The taxpayers do.

Are they brought to the bargaining table?

No.

Unions have no place in the public sector, period.

Even FDR, a big Union guy had this to say:

"... Meticulous attention should be paid to the special relationships and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the government. All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations ... The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for ... officials ... to bind the employer ... The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives ...

"Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of government employees. Upon employees in the federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people ... This obligation is paramount ... A strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent ... to prevent or obstruct ... Government ... Such action, looking toward the paralysis of Government ... is unthinkable and intolerable."

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Proof that the Koch is in line to buy the properties?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

There is a difference between public and private sector unions, as well as voluntary unions and forced unions.

Please learn the differences before spouting off.

Please, educate us WHAT is the difference between these unions????

I hate to say it, but, it appears that maybe you were right about blaming the teachers for the lack of intelligence in todays society, perhaps you could sue, then use the money in an attempt to educate yourself, and maybe even attend the school of "Common Sense"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Who pays the public worker?
The taxpayers do.
Are they brought to the bargaining table?
No.
Unions have no place in the public sector, period.

Nonsense. As I keep saying, the taxpayer is brought to the bargaining table by the senior administrators and high-priced lawyers who are immediately accountable to government. And if the government isn't looking out for you, that's your doing.
And trust me, public sector administrators are just as likely to be bad managers as anywhere else. Stop blaming the last man standing and blame the ones who brought you your woes...banks and lawmakers.
Of course, that take a little effort.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

right to work state

Sounds like the PATRIOT ACT - CLEAR SKYS ACT

They should be honest and call it Take what yer given state!

I bet they get higher wages in the Take What Yer Given States

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

From Extreme Pro Labor President Franklin D. Roosevelt:

"... Meticulous attention should be paid to the special relationships and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the government. All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations ... The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for ... officials ... to bind the employer ... The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives ...

In other words. It is a conflict of interest when the person who is bargaining for you is also getting supported by the Unions.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

. . .

. . .

The tax cuts will cost the state a projected $140 million in tax revenue -- but not until the next two-year budget, from July 2011 to June 2013.

They are not in effect yet.

Furthermore . . .

Walker signed a law on Jan. 31 that says that companies that relocate to Wisconsin will not have to pay corporate taxes for two years. The law stipulates that the company must move at least 51 percent of the workers on its payroll or at least those who account for $200,000 in wages. Walker also signed into law a bill that gives small tax breaks to companies that create jobs.

If companies move in, you get more taxpayers. More taxpayers means more income. More income means better pay for public workers.
edit on 2/22/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

so, how many employees? how much will their taxes amount too?? dosen't it seem more logical to just let the BIG business pay their own taxes????

how can you possibly justify this???

what is it you do for a living??

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

are you kidding??

who do you think is supporting the individuals atttempting to bust the unions???

do you not see the same conflict of interest??

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

right to work state

Sounds like the PATRIOT ACT - CLEAR SKYS ACT

Oh yes? How so?

They should be honest and call it Take what yer given state!

Really? Becuase I can have any job I want to anywhere in the state, whether I am Union or not.

I bet they get higher wages in the Take What Yer Given States

Nope.

But the cost of living is also lower . . . and we are not as hard hit by economic downturns as Closed Shop states.

But even better than that . . .

I get to have the freedom to choose what I want to do within my state.

zh-hk.facebook.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join