It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck -Fox News - Rush All Belong To A Union

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
Ex
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

www.aftra.com

Did you know Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and all talking heads of Fox belong to a union?

(visit the link for the full news article)

Ex

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
FOX talking heads are all card carrying union members. Funny, they don’t mention it. They are members of “The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.” Union representing professional actors, dancers, singers, and broadcasters. (AFTRA)

Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, Bill O’Reilly, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin……. are members of AFTRA yet do not want teachers to have the right to collective bargaining?

“AFTRA Union for entertainers that negotiates salaries, enforces safe working conditions, sponsors employer-paid health and retirement benefits, provides scholarships, and generally makes your life easier. Performers or journalists in television, radio and the recording industry can join. This includes actors, soap opera actors, singers, game show hosts, newscasters, audio-book narrators-just about any person who is seen or heard in the broadcasting world.”

Glen Beck voted on pages 5, 7, & 14

Glenn Beck is a member of AFTRA, LA Local 2010

Here is their voting within their union:
www.aftra.com...

These same people are calling for collapse of the unions and collective bargaining,
while taking advantage of their own benifits.earned the same way!
Hipocrites all of them!!!!

Who's calling the kettle black????

www.aftra.com
edit on 2/22/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
More union thuggery. You join or are blackballed. You work for a non union producer good luck getting a job again. Same union thugs different industry.

Ex

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
More union thuggery. You join or are blackballed. You work for a non union producer good luck getting a job again. Same union thugs different industry.

Are you kidding me? Are you saying they had no choice?
Then why aren't they spewing that disgrace on their shows??

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

I'm also in AFTRA and SAG. Please don't judge us by using those hateful conservative as a model.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
HA! I knew that and was tinking it out loud last night while watching the news, and yelling at Bill O'Reilly. "Your in a union sister sucker!

S&F to you for posting it!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I will just copy-paste my comment from the other threads on this subject.
For the record I think Glen Beck is a liar and a tool. He loves back stabbing.

Anyways.
"There is a huge difference between unions in the PRIVATE sector where PROFITS are the central aspect, and unions in the GOVT/PUBLIC sector where tax payer funds are being wasted.

If you cannot see this difference, than you lack a fundamental understanding of what the root cause of the problem is on one hand, where as in the other circumstance we could argue this is not a vice but instead a virtue.

They are total opposites.

The Union at the airline company doesn't cause America to go into further debt with China.
But the Union with the Govt does.

See the difference?? "

Ex

link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Ex

I'm also in AFTRA and SAG. Please don't judge us by using those hateful conservative as a model.

You misunderstand me, and I apologise for that.
I truely support Sag as well as AFTRA and All unions .

I am just appalled that the same people that are making their voice heard loudly across this nation
opposing unions, and any collective bargaining tools,
take full advantage of their unions benifits in these same matters.

link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Ex

And were you forced to join the unions in order to get your job?

Consider that Beck, O'Reilly and others probably joined the unions back when they were new and nobodies in their industry - and had no choice in the matter IF they wanted to work.

For some reason, no pro-union person wants to answer this question:

Why do people have to be forced to join unions if they are such a great benefit to the workers?

edit on 2/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think it's sick that people cannot differentiate between the two vastly different concepts of a Union in the Public Sector vs one in the Private Sector.

But then again I realize how UNEDUCATED our nation is. And then realize that the very teachers who allowed my nation to crumble into retardation, are the same ones out protesting with their Union pals to try and force the Govt to pay them huge bloated salaries with undeserved benefits.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

AFTRA is an open union.

Anyone can join.

If the radio personalities you listed live in a right to work state, they joined voluntarily. If they do not, they were forced to join.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I will say as a member of the International Association of Theatrical and Stage Employees (IATSE) local 285 that we have it pretty sweet in a lot of places like LA, NY, and CO we make good money have great benefits and plenty of breaks OT an all the perks one would want at work. These AFTRA guys do too in fact I'd bet they have it even better than we do so don't let them fool you they would do the same as we did a few years back and strike too if they felt threatened. Just think if we got it this good Link to 2007 Broadway Strike then how good do you think they got it? Yet they think these teachers should loose the rights that they themselves use everyday in their own jobs!

Great post OP S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

www.aftra.com

Did you know Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and all talking heads of Fox belong to a union?

S & F. Laughing my butt off here

Can you say "hypocrisy" anyone?

Excellent post.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What a wonderful system we have.

I can vote in and vote out politicians.

But I can NEVER DARE to vote a pay cut for gov't employees. I don't have this right.

If I vote in a politician who understands where I am coming from, and want's to help get on board some nice budget cuts and fiscal responsibility, we get hounded by union thugs , and almost forced into capitulation or suffer the consequences of everyone going on strike tomorrow.

Hell I think they should fire all of them.

They failed this nation and now they want a raise.
You're Fired!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
What a wonderful system we have.

I can vote in and vote out politicians.

But I can NEVER DARE to vote a pay cut for gov't employees. I don't have this right.

If I vote in a politician who understands where I am coming from, and want's to help get on board some nice budget cuts and fiscal responsibility, we get hounded by union thugs , and almost forced into capitulation or suffer the consequences of everyone going on strike tomorrow.

Hell I think they should fire all of them.

They failed this nation and now they want a raise.
You're Fired!!

LOL really that is such an attempt at starting that argument in a thread having nothing to do with it! I think the thread is about the hypocrisy of the new's people slamming the teachers for something that they do themselves!

Your Fired (lol)
edit on 22-2-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Muzzle, I agree that Glen Beck is a liar and a tool. But these people in Wisconsin hired on under contracts. To change the game when so many are nearing retirement is simply wrong.

Governor Bozo has maneuvered this situation by cutting some taxes and increasing spending in other areas, so that he can bust the unions.

In fact, when he was sworn in Wisconsin had a projected budget SURPLUS.

crooksandliars.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Reply to post by mydarkpassenger

There is a difference between public and private sector unions, as well as voluntary unions and forced unions.

Please learn the differences before spouting off.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

All false.

Checkout the poliifacts site.

All that you have said has been debunked as misinformation.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Are you kidding me? Are you saying they had no choice?
Then why aren't they spewing that disgrace on their shows??

If they do they won't have shows. Pretty simple stuff. Are they paid by tax dollars? Are their benefits paid by tax dollars?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

There is a difference between public and private sector unions, as well as voluntary unions and forced unions.

Please learn the differences before spouting off.

A contract is a contract. Please learn that before making foolish statements, mmk?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join