It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I agree with Gaddafi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Can i just say that i agree with Gheddafi on some points he made in his speech tonight,,,,,,1, this rebellion does seem to be more violent from the protesters point of view, it not as peaceful and organised as what we have seen in Egypt and Tunisia,,,,,2, He asked... Why are the foreign news channel's getting involved when the government in their countries are responsible for thousands of people being killed without protest, china, iran and the US.

This guy clearly isnt as much of a friend of the international community as say mubarak and ben ali, so he was very quick to put blame on other countries and highlight situations where the people were asking to be liberated and then instead of getting freedom, they got more surpression. i dont really know libyan history or ghedaffi personally, so i dont have a great view on whats taking place there. But there is something fishy.com about the whole middle-east situation right now!!!!

As for him calling people the devil and not accepting any blame at all,, sounds a lot like governments and monarchs we all know and love

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hitler made some good points in Mein Kampf as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
1) Egypt/Tunisia didn't use such extreme violence against protestors. What do you expect the protestors to do? Be completely civil and act peacefully, whilst their friends/peers are gunned down? I actually think they've handled themselves very well, given the situation, from what little I've heard.
2) Just because someone else does something, that doesn't make it right. Iran and China are often portrayed very negatively in the news, it's not like the whole of the west is on their side. Libya were lucky they were even accepted back into the international frame at all. Gaddafi received much more positivity than he deserved, thanks to his oil. He should be thankful his support lasted that long, and now he's destroying his only bargaining chip, what did he expect?

He's just a deluded, short-sighted maniac. All he's doing is making the problems of Libya much worse. If you really think he cares at all about his country, you're wrong. Anyone who wasn't a complete narcissist, in his position, would realise they had to step down, for the greater good of their country- at the very least, they would certainly not react in such a hostile and despicable manner.
edit on 22-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
how can you agree with someone you probably only heard about recently. or have seen in the news on the lockerbie bomber. if you knew more you would realise that this guy is no better than a voilent terrorist.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Do you know the dictator in question?
Neither do i.
We only know what propaganda is thrown at us.
Knowing that i will wait for "proof" before i convict.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Look for the civilian videos coming out of Libya, there's your proof on what kind of man this is..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Did you hear his son speak? He said people are morning over a few hundred lost lives, but soon there will be thousands, and the streets will be running with blood.

GENOCIDE.

I don't know about you, but I think hell's minions are giggling with delight and giving each other
high-fives every time father or son open their vile, murderous mouths.

Believe as you wish.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

and where did you hear about this man,,,, errrr on the news probably, i just wanted to highlight some good points because the news in England is #e the info is foggy at best,,, ill bet another 10ppl are about to come in here and agree with random guys they dont really know.

i dont really agree with him if he's a puppet dictator like the rest of our valient leaders, like i said, i dont really know the situation^^^^^ Read before you post please,

and i think the point he made about the slain in new orleans and the massacre in China is a very good point, did your Governments even attempt to show their opressionist leaders in a negitive light??? and The palestinians have been enslaved and degraded for years now and no news channel touch's that story,, this was all i was saying!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Gaddafi is a mad git with an ego gone wrong. His speech was a rambling diatribe of rubbish. He has demonstrated by action that he has very little compassion and understanding for his fellow man. Although his foot soldiers have pulled the triggers and cut out the tongues, he has been there urging them on.

The sooner he gets removed from office the better. It would make a good example if he ended up in The Haag answering for his crimes, for which there have been many. He’s not a nice man.

Regards

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Proof of what? firefights in the street?
Those happen everywhere, do you for a fact know who is shooting for who?
No, neither do i.
Now what about the Libyan soldiers who defected?
Imagine them going against hard line dictator supporters in plain clothes, this would be seen as a video of army versus civilian, even though the army is fighting for the civillians and vise versa.
We really just don't know, me or you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

the pan am flight 103, was state sponsered terrorism, in wich he paid out 10million dollars to each of the fammilies of the victim, admitting his guilt.

libya also supplied semtex to ira, wich was used in bombings.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First and foremost this is probably the worst country they could have chosen to try and take down politically. Gaddafi is probably one of the most infamous dictators in the world. This man is not going to just go down without a fight. He took power of the country by offing the sitting King back in 1969. He basically told America to piss off. He caused the shut down of an American Air Force Base. Blew up a club with American soldiers inside which resulted in the bombing of his home. I think he even took out an American Jet liner full of people. This man is no hero by any means. As of late he has been more of a friend to the US especially in supporting US led UN resolutions.

I can tell you what he said in his speech today is just straight up truth. That man is not going to go down without a fight. He will more then likely die if they want him out. I personally believe, hate to the be the negative guy, that Gaddafi will win this fight. I heard rumors that the military is siding with the people, but at the same time there are reports of the protestors being bombed and shot. So who knows. There is very little free press in that country, so its not surprising that the details are iffy.

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever
1) Egypt/Tunisia didn't use such extreme violence against protestors. What do you expect the protestors to do? Be completely civil and act peacefully, whilst their friends/peers are gunned down? I actually think they've handled themselves very well, given the situation, from what little I've heard.

I do have to express a bit of wonder on this one as I am confused. This country has no freedom. They are not a democracy or a free country for that matter. I don't understand how you or anyone else can expect there to be peaceful protests? Most countries like Libya do not let there people revolt. They will shut it down in a heartbeat.

Time will tell but I honestly only see two ends of this protest.

1. Someone will kill Gaddafi and install a new leader that will be something similar to a dictatorship.

2. Gaddafi will literally pummel the people into submission.

I don't think the rest of the world will get involved and honestly Gaddafi could care less if you agree with him or not. I saw an article that said that the world Condemns Libya. Well I don't think he cares what the world thinks of him to be honest. This isn't the worst thing he has done. What worries me is that he will order biological or chemical weapons to be released on his people. That would be the real fear in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dude, he's using his army against his own people. That includes snipers, grenades, air bombings, shooting from helicopters using anti aircraft rounds and artilliary.

They can either fight for their lives, or surrender their lives.

Are you effin' crazy? You want them to be peaceful? LOL That's like saying our founding fathers should have been non-violent when we rebelled against the British... They would have all been slaughtered.

Sorry, you are an idiot if you believe everything can be solved with non-violence, especially when people are shooting/bombing you indiscriminately.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by g146541

Look for the civilian videos coming out of Libya, there's your proof on what kind of man this is..

You mean "what kind of people work for him".

I can almost assure you this guy isn't down on the ground doing the dirty work himself.

No, long gone are the days where "leaders" led you into battle. Now-a-days leaders sit in bunkers like cowards and have all of us risk everything to protect "dear leader's" neck.

There is your proof on what kinda people work for him.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Yeah i heard about that too.
Michael Jackson paid a boys family 17 mil and was never convicted of anything guilty or not.
There is just alot we do not know other than what we are told.
And until i see "proof" and not a snippet of Fox telling me "Libya is the bad guy", i'm on the fence.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Speaking of falsely flagged, did you see what i wrote about Libyan soldiers fighting for the civilians?
Not all is as it may seem.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolo
reply to post by MR BOB

and where did you hear about this man,,,, errrr on the news probably, i just wanted to highlight some good points because the news in England is #e the info is foggy at best,,, ill bet another 10ppl are about to come in here and agree with random guys they dont really know.

i dont really agree with him if he's a puppet dictator like the rest of our valient leaders, like i said, i dont really know the situation^^^^^ Read before you post please,

and i think the point he made about the slain in new orleans and the massacre in China is a very good point, did your Governments even attempt to show their opressionist leaders in a negitive light??? and The palestinians have been enslaved and degraded for years now and no news channel touch's that story,, this was all i was saying!!!!!!

The news on the situation is poor everywhere because of the situation inside Libya, not because the U.K MSM is not up to scratch. Libya has been a fairly well known rogue State, as has Gadafi been known to be a despot, for years. The fact you know little about him does not say a lot at all. In very recent news the release of the lockerbie bomber was everywhere in the U.K, as was, a little while ago, Libyia coming out of international exile, as was Libyia being considered a rogue state after 9/11. Where have you been for the last few decades?
edit on 22-2-2011 by Rocketman1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm just wondering why Obama is not breaking his neck to invade Lybia and bring democracy to a lybia just Bush wanted to spread democracy to Iraq.

Is it not Americian policy to fight for freedom of others just like they are demonstrating now in Afghanistan????

After all Gadaffi has demonstrated that he is a tryant just like Sadam.

........ has Lybia got oil?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Speaking of falsely flagged, did you see what i wrote about Libyan soldiers fighting for the civilians?
Not all is as it may seem.

I didn't have to read your post to know that some soldiers had defected and fought against the regime. That is only *some* of them though. What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is a little off-topic, but I found an article with several pictures of the nut-job, with his "voluptuous" nurse he refuses to travel without, his female bodyguards, and it discusses some of his other phobias and eccentricities. Very odd old duck.

.....Just as an "aside". Pardon the OT.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join