It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As The Obamas & The Ultra-Wealthy Live The High Life Most Americans Are Going Through Economic Hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

America belongs to the Uber rich, those in the top that are not many and raising taxes on the rich will not affect them much as they have pleanty of economic advisors, lawyers and lobbyist to make sure that when they do bad investments they get bailed out, the small business owners get bankrupcy.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Its not capitalism...But from what I read around here.... it's the "capitalist" right wingers
protecting whatever the hell it is, I guess you'd call them corporatists.
They claim to hate it and they defend it -They admit there's a problem, until it gets specific

I read here that is secret commies, but what the hell kind of commie would create a system
that is exactly what they re against? Right wingers are not against being as big and as
powerful as humanly possible,that also seems to be the M.O of the people perpetrating
this on America. I think communist fear is a cover story personally, I hear it at my local
bar all the time, but it doesn't make much sense.

edit on 22-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (mistake)

edit on 22-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (spellin)

edit on 22-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Most Americans are NOT going through "economic hell" unless you think that 10% unemployment equals most Americans. Are some Americans struggling? Yes. Is it the fault of the government? No. The government didn't lay them off, their employers did.

Look around. Swing by a movie theater on a weekend and see that packed parking lot of people spending 12 bucks a piece to watch a movie. Turn on your television and pick a sporting event. Sold out.

For all of the garbage people here think are conspiracies, the "recession" is the biggest conspiracy of them all. Most of America is just fine, and to blame people that are better off than you for your problems is complete b.s. I worked hard to get the education required to make the money I do. It's more than some and less than some. It isn't my fault, or anyone elses, that others don't make the same or more than I do.

Oh really? I guess you are not a recent college grad without a job or opportunity to collect unemployment because you were studying to get a degree. Or maybe you just graduated and don't have any "experience" so you get passed up.

I guess because its not happening to you its not real.

Young becoming "lost generation" amid recession
www.cbsnews.com...

WASHINGTON — Young adults are the recession’s lost generation.

In record numbers, they’re struggling to find work, shunning long-distance moves to live with mom and dad, delaying marriage and raising kids out of wedlock, if they’re becoming parents at all. The unemployment rate for them is the highest since World War II and risk living in poverty more than others.

Data released Thursday from the 2010 census show the wrenching impact of a recession that officially ended in mid-2009. There are missed opportunities and dim prospects for a generation of mostly 20-somethings and 30-somethings coming of age in a prolonged period of joblessness.

“We have a monster jobs problem, and young people are the biggest losers,” said Andrew Sum, an economist and director of the Center for Labor Market Studies at Northeastern University. He noted that for recent college graduates getting by on waitressing, bartending and odd jobs, they will have to compete with new graduates for entry-level career positions when the job market does improve.

“Their really high levels of underemployment and unemployment will haunt young people for at least another decade,” Sum said.

Richard Freeman, an economist at Harvard University, said young people “will be scarred and they will be called the ‘lost generation’ — in that their careers would not be the same way if we had avoided this economic disaster.”

I disagree with you.
edit on 22-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The worst part is that there is no escape.

The only thing different about the next president will be the "r".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join