It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama under pressure to intervene in Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

I meant if we HAD to. I am most definitely against this in principle unless there is absolutely no choice and slaughter going on. If I were running things, I'd send in special ops to take out Gaddafi. My comment was simply to the singling out of "Obama;" but I see there is as usual some ulterior motive in that bit.

edit on 2/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Keep out of it if at all possible.
The similarities between it and Iraq are obvious.

What that Libya is a predominantly Muslim oil producing country?
Because we sure haven't propped up and supported Qaddafi, Remember Reagan went after him with an air-strike back in the 80s

However, there are many here on ATS who will blame the US regardless of the eventual outcome!

They already have. But that's all part of ATS's notorious waffling.

edit on 22-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
OK, but we don't have to.

We messed up big time in Iraq & we sunk ourselves in another unwinnable war in Afghanistan. Going into another Middle East country would be the death nail for sure. We can't police the world, and neither are we in the remotest sense its saviour.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

You make a valid point Centurion, but the problem is, some people are set in their ways, and don't want to hear anything that might dispute their views. And no amount of evidence will ever open their minds, much less change it. I had account long ago on ATS, then signed off and walked away for a long time. When I decided to return, I had a different mind set, that being not letting people aggravate me because of their ignorance or at the very least, their different view.

So with that, that's why I choose to let Mindspin off the hook, there is no need to sit here and argue with someone who is clearly blinded by the MSM, who buys into the Liberal views hook, line and sinker....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join