It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama under pressure to intervene in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

elections actually are legit.

BWAHAHAHAH!!!! Ok, you keep thinking that~

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In every crisis their is a time to act! It is certainly not clear who has the upper hand in the situation at present. However if at any time Genocide begins to happen then to not act would be a crime! The west collectively should wait for Arab/African nations to take the lead and provide air support to a Arab/African force should the need to act be clear. But i think on the whole the U.S response has been poor.
America should not intervene unilaterally but should make it clear that they would back any international move as befits "the leader of the free world".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Haha, You sir, are a legend.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
America should stay out of it you guys are already being looked at for blame with whats going on due to all the dealings America has had with these countries. Obviously you like all these countries hating you aswell America stay out there are plenty of others that could act if there was a need to.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman1

Genocide is what war is about, you try to kill your enemy so they do not oppose you.
It is sad but someone has to lose if there is a fight.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I sincerly hope that America stays out of it because if they do goet involved they will do the usual thing and drag the UK into it with them! However, if the Libyans stop the flow of oil I think American will be in there quicker than a rat up a drainpipe!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CholmondleyWarner

maybe, but with so many abundant resources to acquire oil from other manufacturers, don't really think it would stop the oil enterprise of our beloved US! ( sarcasm )

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I will, until you can provide some solid evidence that they aren't.

I'll wait for your reply...try not to dance around it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

No war is to defeat a opposeing army by any and all means that are not against international law. Genocide is the indiscriminate killing of innocent people.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think that we should stay out of it. The UN should do something if genocide happens, but the USA is not the world Police, no matter how bad the leaders want to think we are.. We need to take care of our own country and people for once. I think we should bring all our troops home and let the M.E. fight it all out among themselves..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Here ya go...but i don't know why I'm even wasting the time...you'll just dismiss it~

source: www.oilempire.us...

www.youtube.com...

video.google.com...# ( lil better buffering )

and another : www.youtube.com...

Stop and think about, regardless of political party, political views out of the equation, do you honestly think a " fair " election can occur when so many lobbyists, and back door deals occur, not to mention the almighty dollar?
Seriously, you can't honestly believe with all the corruption, corporatism, and isolationists, that elections are fair and balanced ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I've yet to see where Obama is under pressure from anyone.......he's on his own time and no one elses. I think we should stay out of it and let the world see how truely bad things can get. Further more, not another American need die for a country other than our own, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.....I'd rather stay out of it and see how bad the UN can mess it up. Alas, since staying out of it would be best for us, that pretty much assures that this adminstration will do the opposite, based upon their track ecord.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

OH...I didn't know you were only focusing on the Presidential elections

Let's go through your "sources".

Your first "source"...crying about the choices in the Presidential elections. Same old argument...going straight to the top. You skip local, state, and representative elections and go right to the Presidential election. And your big argument is that you don't like the choices...well guess what...there are lots of choices...you can vote for anyone you want to. If the person you vote doesn't win...THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE ELECTION ISN'T VALID. That means the person you supported isn't very popular and the general population supports other people. Sure, you can say that they are just "sheeple" and don't know any better...but that is just an excuse.

So far, your "evidence" isn't very convincing.

Next up....YouTube videos of a software programming testifying about someone TRYING to get him to rig the voting machines. Not let me ask you a question...If elections are already rigged...WHY DO THEY NEED THIS GUY TO RIG THE MACHINES?????

LOL...seriously...I think you have convinced me even more that elections are legit rather than convincing me otherwise.

And Finally....ACORN....LOL

Oh boy, that was just the icing on the cake. Can I assume your next source is gonna tell me that elections aren't valid because we have a Muslim Anti-Christ non-US citizen currently as President.

Thanks for the laughs...I'll leave you to your paranoid fantasy world. I'll stay here in reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

As I previously posted.. therefore, I rest my case ~

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

As I previously posted.. therefore, I rest my case ~

LOL...you rest your case???

I guess that is one way to feel you are right...don't respond...just declare yourself the winner.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Starred.

But why let mindspin off the hook for also saying "they do care what voters think", when their votes and actions so often contradict what the people that elected them say they want? Take obamacare as a great example. Our "representatives" obviously cared far more about what obowma, pelosi and reid thought than what poll after poll said their constituents thought.

edit on 2/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Mindspin please. The US alone has deliberately undermined democratic elections in the whole of South America, & has done so, systematically, for the past 80 or so years. Wake up.
edit on 22-2-2011 by chocise because: typo

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Keep out of it if at all possible.
The similarities between it and Iraq are obvious.

However, there are many here on ATS who will blame the US regardless of the eventual outcome!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Send NATO or UN "peacekeepers," and not just the U.S.? What the hell? Why doesn't someone else get pressured to "intervene?" Or are they as well?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Send NATO or UN "peacekeepers," and not just the U.S.? What the hell? Why doesn't someone else get pressured to "intervene?" Or are they as well?

That is SO not the right way to go about it. Meet force with force? FFS. You wont achieve anything but more instability and yet more of an anti-western backlash. You will fuel extremism and recruit MORE terrorists. You'll only add to the unrest. WTF is wrong with people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join