It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Democrats flee state to protest anti-union bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

Why do you think all the evil rich are leaving NY, NJ to go to Florida??

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by Marulo

Why not giving the states the right to raise the income taxes on classes of people?

In the United States, we do not divide people into classes.

We leave that to the indians and their caste system, to the stalinists/"progressivists" and to dictators.

There is no class system in the United States. Anyone who says something to the contrary is most likely the product of the public education system.

I can only assume you are joking.

Right?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

I am not that stupid. I recognize the convenience we have in this country, but I do not think it is worth the suffering it requires to sustain our reality. Besides, we are clearly in late capitalism. Whether it is this year or next decade, I don't see our current monetary system lasting in its current form for much longer.

Granted, I do not understand finance. But what I can understand is how the poor and middle class, and the world for that matter, is going to respond to scarcity. It is going to be very violent.

Edit: This was in response to your suggestion that I leave for Venezuela or Korea.

I certainly intend to leave this sick country as soon as it will allow me to.

edit on 22-2-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

The rich are evil?

Why would they go to Florida?

Are you suggesting they are leaving the country because of sentiment similar to mine?

Well then we are #ed, have a nice day. Should have listened to Nietzsche from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Marulo

I am in no way joking.

in a true class (or caste) system, a person is born into their specific class and is unable to escape the specific class into which they are born.

in America, i can be a filthy rich, "upper class" ultra wealthy real estate mogul today, and be literally penniless tomorrow.

conversely, in America there is the potential for me to be dirt poor today, and to become very wealthy and in the "upper class" overnight.

the notion of a class system in the United States is an artificial division of the citizenry based upon marxist/communist doctrines and ideals. Communists and "progressives" love the "classification" of people: if you are able to stratify people in terms of some arbitrary label or moniker, you are more easily able to divide them and, ultimately, conquer them.

calling western culture generally and the U. S. specifically a society based on class denies a central, core fact about our culture: we have the ability, through effort, intelligence, innovation, inspiration and divine providence, to alter our lot in life. On the flip side, through stupidity, laziness and ignorance we can also alter our lot in life - to the negative.

this is why the statists and the dictators and the communists and progressives hate capitalism to the depths of their souls. they don't want an individual to be able to alter the course of his/her life...they want that ability to be the property of a cadre of central planners. they hate the individual; thus, they hate capitalism and the idea of the constitutional republic.

edit on 23-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join