It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 09: Americans Live to Work

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
... If money concept collaspe due to poor government math skills, society operates from money, money collaspes society collaspes the grid collaspes, your living your work also collaspes your concept of living collaspes. The answer still remains no

It is possible today to eliminate money - shells, barter, trade, coin, bills, plastic, electronic funds, etc. - and not collapse. See the links in my first post here.

I agree that working for survival is natural. Virtually all of us, however, are doing things we hate for that survival, which is hinged on money. With money removed, we can work for our bliss.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bricmpt
reply to post by 2manyquestions

We are on our way toward a society where machines and robots will do most of these hard labor tasks for us. Someday, maybe 400 to 1,000 years from now we won't have to lift a finger to survive. All the food and products will be produced with minimum human labor, which will allow for more time to think, invent, travel, educate ourselves, and enjoy life to the fullest. We are not at that point yet, but we're closer to that goal than we were even 50 years ago.

Well, that's what was told to the underclass when the industrial revolution started. Didn't happen. And when women joined the "work force". Didn't happen. And when robotics and computers began to gain power in the 70's. Didn't happen. What happens is that the rich get richer and the commoners work harder and harder for less wealth. Check it out.

Might I point out that:

This all is in a scarcity paradigm - energy scarcity;

Corporations control the system and fear people free from labor - they can't make money;

If we can extract the plenum energy (zero point/"dark"/ etc.), we will move into an abundance paradigm, and if we focus on following One's bliss, we can build robots for all work no one wants to do, and work as we please.

If we instil a "betterment ethic" instead of a "work ethic" we will gravitate our bliss towards betterment of all.

See the links in my first post here.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by Sestias

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree. But theory is not the same as real life.

Sometimes you gotta give it some elbow grease.
The work ethic in this country has seriously suffered
as a result of academics trying to convince everyone
they can live by theory alone.

There was a poll I saw a year or two ago that asked young
people what they wanted to do. 50% or so said they were gonna be
famous singers or actors. I personally think this is a product of a failed
education system telling people they are "special" and can do whatever
they'd like.

Our priorities are messed up.(USA Today)

We all can get rich in an abundance paradigm. I think that goal is awesome! If 81% have that goal, the abundance paradigm will bring them to their goal. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I spent most of the 60's and 70's as a musician working really long hard hours, often very well paid, and often not paid at all or little. Loved all that I did, and some of my work is still knocking about the 'net on sale, and of which I never got a shilling, C'est la vie! Compare that to another 28 years as an atypical civil servant which I mostly hated, but which was monetarily stable. Well, there is no comparison, the music wins hands down, and I am back at it, and I still am not at the pension age yet. But the point also is, that I worked just as hard at being a civil servant, as I did a musician, trying to do as good a job as possible, and that is incredibly hard, but ultimately satisfying.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

The hell does that even mean?

"Abundance Paradigm"?

And don't point me in the direction of your book. Explain that. Give those words meaning because they mean nothing.

Working for a living, having an idea and acting on it, convincing others that your idea is worth their time and money invested, that is what makes one rich in the end.

What ever this "Abundance Paradigm" is, it had better include these very basic principles of success or it's bunk.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The best Streetview yet, more like this!

Challenging peoples worldview is much superior to international issues, it does something good and we might all get something out of it at the end.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What a Person does in life. It should have balance in all 3 areas I believe; Work, Rest and Play.
What ever one associates and believes to be work and feels that they can wake up each morning and feel contented and somewhat happy about the,"work" they do then all good. Because those people are working to live. But if you wake up and have a loathing and dread about your work, Then get up and walk away from it and find something you do like doing and has a good balance for you because one is living to work only.
Because I did this for a better part of life, until I woke up one day and got sick and tired of being sick and tired and left the job and city I was in and went to another city and searched around and put my resume out there and found the job I was happy to go to each day.
I have found personally that this goes with everything in life. Because the definition of insanity is:- Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result each time.
There my 2 cents
I

edit on 3-3-2011 by Epsillion70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I have done just that. Today I QUIT!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO SURVIVE
All you really need to survive in life is a warm hospitable climate all year-round and some fruit trees -everything else is extra. Unfortunately, the majority of humans flock to the cities, most of which are in the temperate zones. Here, life-shortening pollution, politics, and cold winters are braved for those modern technological luxuries and lifestyles we have all become addicted to.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
J.O.B. = Just Over Broke

"Through our national bank, the Federal Reserve, we extend book credit which we create from nothing to all local banks...thus we bring industry, management and labour into our debt...and pit management against labour so they will never unite and attack us and usher in a debt-free industrial utopia." -- Harold Rosenthal, The Protocols of Zion

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I really don't understand the point here! noone lives to work or they would'nt bother to anything but work!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LBJ___Bush_Sr_Kild_JFK

Very true quotes in your signature brother and eerily prophetic if you look at the relationship between government, the CIA and wallstreet!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join