It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
are there an abnormally high amount of alien type movies coming out this year?

paul.the-movie-trailer.com...

Coincidence or preparations for disclosure?
They range from alien attacks to friendly aliens, like Paul linked above.
Then of course the age old question:
If they exist, are they friendly or do they want to destroy us?

I would like to believe we are not alone in the universe but cannot believe until I see concrete proof.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I wonder if it has anything to do with The Battle of Los Angeles in the 40's

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
are there an abnormally high amount of alien type movies coming out this year?

You may be interested in the trailers for them (and some related discussion) in the thread below:

Another (!) forthcoming alien movie - "Unaware"

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Its about movie makers jumping on the bandwagon, a potential blockbuster UFO/Alien film is due to be released so other film makers try to cash in on it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I think in times of strife , ie the financial crisis and all that comes with it , people look for escapism in their movies .
For many people movies that feature Aliens fall into that category , Hollywood know this and so pander to the wants of their audience .
I don't think it has anything to do with prepping us for disclosure

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Has anyone notices the unusual amount of romantic comedies coming out this year? Especially compared to the alien movies? Is this some sort of romantic comedy disclosure? I could go on but you get the point.

These type of threads on here happen all the time. Any time there is something alien related someone wants to tie it to disclosure, as if it is even possible to have some secret group of folks controlling what movies get made and which ones don't.

The people that think any of this means something have no idea how capitalism, Hollywood and consumerism works. And that makes it easy for them to consider the absurd and improbable.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
Coincidence or preparations for disclosure?

There will be no disclosure... it doesn't fit in the plans of the Old World Order that is running things. If they disclosed, they would lose control of the sheep

Ain't gonna happen

THEM vs YOU

edit on 22-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They're preparing us, man.

I was talking about this with my friend the other day too.
Look the Ancient Aliens series. History Channel is bombing us with these subjects, Hollywood movies with serious eyebrow raisers (Apollo 18, Battle of LA, Moon, Avatar), more disclosure-type topics and guests on Larry King and of course series like the remake of "V", The Event, etc etc all have to do with some sort of world wide scheme to prepare the masses.
I just like to see how they do it (effects, story, art direction) but naturally they have to make it accesible to the large audience.

What really made me start thinking about this was during the last series of AA. That was some last-minute editing for ya, makes you wonder what's the hurry to get all this info out now.

edit on 22-2-2011 by IofRa because: forgot about Moon

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IofRa

"They" must have been "preparing" us for years and years I guess. I wonder how much "preparing" they are going to do before they let the big news out? I mean, sci-fi has been around and very popular since BEFORE motion pictures and cable tv.

Do you think that it is possible, that with all these channels of programming aimed at specific audiences (like the golf channel, lifetime for women, whatever) that you are bound to see more programs of this nature IF that is what you were ALREADY looking for?

I wonder how many of those golf channel or lifetime for women watchers are getting "prepared" for disclosure by your estimate?

Please, stop, think about this. What your believing in is simply not realistic. It is o.k. to be wrong and learn, it is o.k. not to come back and attack me for stating the obvious, but rather thank me for opening your eyes to modern reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks like a corny comedy flick. I don't see any evidence of this film preparing us for "disclosure" or whatever...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I personally cant wait for paul to come out. its proboably alot closer to the truth than battle LA or the other doomsday ones..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Waiting for all the "Battle : Los Angeles is preparing us for false flag!" threads.

I'm personally done with any ET invasion films when it comes to going to cinema for them. Maybe to watch on DVD or whatever when really, really bored, but it's just meaningless action and special effects to me. I need a good story that makes me think or am not bothered.

Super 8 might be good, will maybe go to watch that, especially seeing as J. J. Abrams has written it.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: addicted to editing

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The same thing was claimed when ET came out.

The same thing was claimed when Close Encounters came out.

The same thing was claimed when Independence Day came out.

The same thing was claimed when The Day the Earth Stood Still came out.

The same thing was claimed when the Martians Have Landed came out.

etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

the "preparing" was ironic, but hey never mind..

You are assuming I "believe" something you've figured out for me, right? By the way, I have no means of attacking you, no idea what made you think that. I'm simply sharing the OP's observation that there IS a different kind of mixture in the latest hollywood sci-fi ingredients.
I don't think you can compare the stuff they shoved down our throats 40 years ago with the stuff we get now. It's just all over the place. And now the Discovery Science and History Channel are picking up more and more on it?
I mean come on, we're getting closer to 2012
Let alone what you can research for yourself through the internet. The Golf and Lifetime channels will always be, and that's fine don't you think? Isn't that what TV is for too...?
edit on 22-2-2011 by IofRa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IofRa

I am sorry you didn't understand my post. I don't know how you did, and I can't figure out another way of writing it that any level headed and open minded person would understand.

I have seen violent alien invasion movies since I was a kid. The only difference is now we have better special effects and a society that wants/needs more violence in movies in order to enjoy them. Sign of the times. But your ignorance of the history of sci-fi, and your inability to comprehend the reality of how things really work are your main stumbling blocks here, not me, not some random guy on the internet. But you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

So... I guess we need a LOT of preparing right?

I mean after all

Remember "The War of The World" that had people jumping out of windows ( a fact since hushed up
)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
Looks like a corny comedy flick. I don't see any evidence of this film preparing us for "disclosure" or whatever...

I was in "Paul" as a background/extra and driver. It's a comedy that will appeal mostly to adolescents and the intellectually challenged. Good solid American entertainment!!!

Look for the gray haired old hippy dude in the fireworks store. That's whaaa

I'm in this one too

www.youtube.com...

This one looks pretty good!

edit on 22-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

another wild assumption....Did I strike a nerve. What's with the hostility?

Or is it common for people around here to start insulting each other when they disagree with each other?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Some would argue that's when the preparing started, ey?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IofRa
Or is it common for people around here to start insulting each other when they disagree with each other?

It's common for 95% of internet forums I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join