It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANC seeks to intervene in Malema hate speech case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Johannesburg - The ANC is to apply for leave to intervene in the hate speech case brought by AfriForum against ANC Youth League president Julius Malema.

News24- ANC intervene with Malema case

For these who don't know Julius Malema is the leader of the ANC(African National Congress) Youth League.
There's been a high number of attacks on white farmers in South Africa and certain groups have linked it to Malema and his struggle song called ''Shoot the Boer/Farmer."

These murders have landed the white farmers on the genocidewatch list and makes them the highest at risk murder group in South Africa.

Here's a PDF directly from GenocideWatch regarding whats taking place here-GenocideWatch- Boere

Some other groups have even gone as far as asking the UN to intervene with the genocide of white farmers in South Africa.

Now some have come to believe Julius Malema is nothing but an ANC mouthpiece/puppet and to be honest I'm starting to believe this,too. He's made numerous racist statements, shown complete disrespect to his seniors and other ANC officials, and he refuses to stop singing this song.

I know it was a struggle song back in the years of Apartheid, but with all the farms murders happening that's just showing complete disrespect towards us.

The song first became controversial when infamous right wing leader was murdered a few weeks after Julius Malema sang this song at ANCYL rally. They were previously warned that this song might incite hatred towards whites and it seems it has. The culprits were two young boys who claims to had a wage dispute with Eugene Terreblanche. Personally I don't believe this. I believe the government is somehow involved in all of this.

It's become clear their agenda is to divide the nation in order to stay in power.

" Divide et impera "

How is it that after the ANC said they don't agree with the singing of the song,and they won't tolerate hate speech, now all of a sudden they're intervening with the case against Julius Malema?

It almost seems like the exact same thing that happened in Zimbabwe is happening over here. White farmers getting killed and exiled. Just hope the world notices it this time round.

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just giving it a bump.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

S&F Slov! Thanks for posting. You know what I really can not understand about these guys? They chant "Kill the Boer, Kill the Farmer"....but where the hell do they think they are going to get their food from. Without the farmers, they will undoubtedly go the way of Zimbabwe, and we all know how great that has turned out to be!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Oh, yeah. That's exactly what happened in Zimbabwe. The economy collapsed and now you thousands of Zimbabwean refugees crossing our borders. They all supported ZANUPF and now they just can't get rid of Mugabe. But thankfully it seems like we won't be going that way.... not without a fight.

Anyway, I'm sure you still stay up to date with whats happening over here. Just think there isn't being reported enough on whats happening in South Africa. The international media doesn't seem all to interested in us. They'd rather sugar coat the country. It's ridiculous.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

That's exactly what I was thinking!

It's like SA is just this blip on the importance scale lol. I mean I am happy that I'm getting all the news from everywhere else, but hey, SA is not all moonshine and roses, I wonder if anybody wonders why there's never any news out of SA.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I know multiculturalism is not an easy process, but as the world becomes more integrated we have two main options, work through it and continue global growth or fight it and start global decline. While it is common for different cultures to compete and have different ways for doing things, the main threat is from the ongoing conflict. When cultures have a history of conflict it is a very difficult challenge to learn new ways to resolve their issues. Being in a position of power, the system must pull Malema back in line one way or another with this promotion of violence as it is a call for civil war. The ANC does appear limited in what it can do with the courts in a much better position to get on top of this cycle of conflict.

There are many cultural songs with references to violence all around the world, for such songs to be embraced on a national level is a very troubling sign and a warning of things to come. Hopefully the next election will get on top of a lot of these ongoing issues.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I agree. I understand as much as anyone the song has some heritage but when it incites violence it shouldn't be allowed to be sung.

This song is obviously pee'ing off certain groups within the white community. And like you said if this isn't dealt with it could end up spreading even more violence. I think the white community can only be pushed so far until they start resorting to aggressive tactics of their own. So far it hasn't come to that.

Just don't understand how the government can allow this to go. They're risking having the country decline back into the dark ages where a racial/civil war was a possibility that could happen any second. It's just ridiculous. I fear if the government keeps these shenanigans they won't be able to pacify the country.

You can only push a group so far until it starts becoming fearless.

top topics

join