It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Baby Dolphins washed up dead Gulf Coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Is this due to the GOM disaster? Possibly. Is it natural? Not likely. Not the amount. They say maybe once a month a baby might wash up. So far there's been 17 dead babies and we're only in the second month!

Now what I find REALLY interesting is, this area just experienced a minor earthquake the other day.
Is THAT related to this? Could be!

Baby dolphins, some barely three feet in length, are washing up along the Mississippi and Alabama coastlines at 10 times the normal rate of stillborn and infant deaths, researchers are finding.
The Sun Herald has learned that 17 young dolphins, either aborted before they reached maturity or dead soon after birth, have been collected along the shorelines.
The Institute of Marine Mammal Studies performed necropsies, animal autopsies, on two of the babies today.

Moby Solangi, director of the institute, called the high number of deaths an anomaly and told the Sun Herald that it is significant, especially in light of the BP oil spill throughout the spring and summer last year when millions of barrels of crude oil containing toxins and carcinogens spewed into the Gulf of Mexico.
Oil worked its way into the Mississippi and Chandeleur sounds and other bays and shallow waters where dolphins breed and give birth.
This is the first birthing season for dolphins since the spill.
Dolphins breed in the spring and carry their young for 11 to 12 months, Solangi said.
Typically in January and February, there are one or two babies per month found in Mississippi and Alabama, then the birthing season goes into full swing in March and April.
“For some reason, they’ve started aborting or they were dead before they were born,” Solangi said. “The average is one or two a month. This year we have 17 and February isn’t even over yet.”

current.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a thread for this topic here.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread665976/pg1

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
a thread for this topic here.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread665976/pg1

Nothing came up when I searched it out. Nada. Zip.
I hate repeating threads so, please close.

Thanks for being my 'search' guide

new topics

join