It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Teachers continue to Molest Our Childen-Map of incidents/stories (2008-2011-Shocking!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'll bet a huge percentage of the teachers caught in inappropriate relationships were taking anti-depressant type drugs at the time. These people get lost in a walking dream state and can no longer distinguish between fantasy and reality, which causes them to lose all critical judgement abilities.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
I fail to see the danger in sex, as compared to high speed driving. An 8th or 9th grader can't die of an impact while having sex in bed.

No, but they can get some one pregnant or become pregnant themselves. They can catch STD's ( some of which are lethal).... So yes, there are dangers involved with sex... At any age...

The thing is, would a 13 year old be aware of and fully understand those dangers and the consequences of their actions? No, I don't think so.

That is the point they were trying to make... The ability to make fully understand the situation and the risks, dangers and consequences of their actions....Kids don't have that... Not like adults do.

edit on 22-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
I'll bet a huge percentage of the teachers caught in inappropriate relationships were taking anti-depressant type drugs at the time. These people get lost in a walking dream state and can no longer distinguish between fantasy and reality, which causes them to lose all critical judgement abilities.

Eh.... That's a bit of a stretch for me.... I have never heard of people getting on anti-depressants, just suddenly having the urge to go around sleeping with children...I think more likely, the adults who sleep with children... have something wrong with them... And it has nothing to do with the medication they are taking.

Honestly, I think you could dope up the majority of people up on anything you like, and I doubt they will suddenly get the urge to start sleeping with children. You know?
edit on 22-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
2011- 67 case already this year! (and it's only February!)
2010- 411 cases
2009- 464 cases
2008- 478 cases

Only Feb? Guess you didn't bother doing the math lol. At this rate, the number will be less than the previous 3 years according to your statistics. I'm not at all condoning this of course, just sayin..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

well, if you guys were interested, you could probably find the data that suggests that a huge proportion of adult molesters and sexual deviants were preyed upon sexually as children.

that is different than saying, of course, that being molested as a child causes you to be a child molester.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
And it has nothing to do with the medication they are taking.

What's not explained is whether the recent statistics indicate a per capita increase in these types of crimes versus what occurred 30, 60, or 100 years ago. It just seems to me that we have a lot more of this type of stuff nowadays than we did when I was young back in the '60s and '70s. Or maybe it's just better reported, or something.

But if there has been a huge increase in this stuff in the last decade or so, I think the drugs are a definite factor.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

im thinking that it's more the result of multi-factor changes in society rather than an actual increased incidence.

think about it. there actually was a poster on this thread earlier who was apparently trying to make the case that it should be ok for 12 and 14 year-old kids to decide if they should have sexual intercourse with an adult, and that it wasn't the parent's responsibility to be involved. thank God that is not the case now as much as it was in, say, 1940. that kind of punctuates for me how much people have changed (for the better), although you still have the sick people like this guy out there.

the courts are more aware of it, parents are more aware of it, it is less taboo to report it than it was even just a few generations ago, law enforcement has entire task forces engaged in arresting and convicting sex offenders, and civil suits are often found in favor of the plaintiffs.

edit on 22-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2

well, if you guys were interested, you could probably find the data that suggests that a huge proportion of adult molesters and sexual deviants were preyed upon sexually as children.

that is different than saying, of course, that being molested as a child causes you to be a child molester.

Yeah, I don't know. That is probably true. I mean, that is not to say that all children who were preyed upon grow up to do the same thing. Because they don't.

I suppose there may be many causes for why people do such a thing... Not sure I want to know the reasons, truth be told...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

not to say that all children who were preyed upon grow up to do the same thing. Because they don't.

I agree. I think the P.T.B seem to put us a stereotype of the victim becoming the predator more as a scare tactic to get people to perk up and listen-do something about it mentality.

You made some other good points as well. Good work for you!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomzilla
reply to post by hp1229

In the next year hopefully ! Thats why I look into education a lot.
I don't want to hand my kids over to strangers for so many hours .
Of course there are great teachers in schools but I think we re all capable of being teachers or role models .
My best friend has 2 boys who go to school and its put me off schools put it that way . Theyre ALWAYS ill and YES theyve had vaccines !

Thats great. Both my parents were teachers. Needless to say I was brought up in a very disciplined family. I used to see my dad at school and at home. The illness is nothing we can do about except to fortify them with vitamins and nutrients. The external forces that nurture and shape the mind is what needs to be observed and controlled as needed. This is where Social Responsibility is completely missing in the education system and from society in general in the US atleast (not sure about other countries). Nobody can say anything to anyone in the US to correct what is morally or ethically wrong (unless when on the job).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
It drove me crazy, my hormones were raging and the visual stimuli was almost more than a fourteen year old boy could take.

Agree. It is a difficult age and time for both genders to be in their teens when the human physiology is changing. I should know as I used to fantasize and go crazy looking at older females around me (though I didnt have the guts to approach them or even talk to them). However teens today have several mediums and they are upto certain extent more straight forward as per what they want in life. I wonder if it has a lot to do with the Television or the level of communication that exists in the society due to the availability of tools that can be used in privacy such as Internet, Cell phone etc etc. Surely they must feel that its all natural and part of their life to be more vocal (i was not allowed to speak loudly or argue with my parents or strangers or guests).

The dietary intake matters (vegetarian vs non-vegetarian, Genetically modified food with hormone fortified meats, canned and frozen foods) as it affects the level of hormones in our bodies. Many of the teenagers today are just too darn big and tall for their age. Needless to say some of the teen girls have physiology of an adult woman and some of the teen boys have physiology of an adult male. The WWII and WWI generation was not that big and the average height was about 5.7 if I'm not mistaken for the MEN.

I think many of these teachers (male and female) are possibly acting up on what they went through in their childhood perhaps? and possibly living out the trauma/fantasy? Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

reply to post by brokedown

This is NOT RAPE. Rape can only be forcible non-consent sexual relation, Molestation can only be non- consensual touching.

Well, felony statutes across almost all of the United States say that you are WRONG.
I'm guessing that if it were your 14 year-old daughter or granddaughter having engaged in sexual intercourse and oral sodomy with a 35 year old adult teacher, your tune would change.

Laws versus the definition of the words sometimes contradict. I agree that felony statutes is probably based on the age which has a lot to do with everything since it is believed that anyone under the age of 18 is not considered an adult therefore they do not have the ability to think as an adult (Now what about the kids who are extremely bright and geniuses who graduate college in their teens? ). If someone above 18 is engaged in a sexual act with someone under 18 then it is the adult's responsibility to avoid the situation in the first place regardless of the minor who might not be thinking straight as an adult.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tncryptogal
the fact it is different for female teachers with male teenage students is something I've dubbed "Hot for Teacher Syndrome". It exists and it is sad. According to the guys I've talked to they would have loved the hot looking teachers coming on to them in 8-12th grade. It's like supposedly every guy's dream.

It might be sad for you as you are a female. It supposedly is every guy's dream because the male physiology peaks at different age then female's. "Testosterone levels in men usually peak at about the age of 20 and then gradually decrease as they get older."

I went to a convent school where it was not a co-ed. All the teachers were men and no female students or faculty were present on the premises. Likewise the girls went to a girls school. ALthough there are advantages and disadvantages to this setup, most of the time they work out for the better for both the genders.

MALE_VS_FEMALE

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Red Cloak

well, im not sure you turned out "fine", what with all that stuff you guys were up to. people don't quite recover from that sort of thing.
admitting it is sometimes the first step to recovery.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the mind set and the culture at that point in time in a society. It is very common and natural in some of the european countries (Especially Sweden).

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

in my mind, a 14 year-old child that has sex with a grown man or woman, either willingly or unwillingly, is a problem, along with the adult sexual predator who molested her.

That would be true by today's culture and society and laws all around the globe (almost). It used to be a common practice to have a bride between 13 - 16 for a 18 and above year old groom in many countries. However one has to realistic about the human physiology, the mental maturity and the socio economic consequences of the old standard. Certainly by the time one graduates from college, they are 21 and above. Surely this cannot be possible if you are a teen parent with no job (Which there are plenty of such teen parents with issues and it is a problem in our society). Thus the norm has changed and the limit on the age when we are considered ADULT has changed along with the age when most of us marry these days compared to the old days (although i still see several states in US where getting married at 18 is very common). This is a good thing in a way as you'll be 40 when the kid is about to attend college and you can pretty much retire when you're 50 to 55 and still have plenty of time to enjoy life after retirement.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komaratzi11
The real problem lies in that we as parents expect the highest level of professionalism and respectability from the people we put in charge of educating our children. Having sex with or even acting in a sexual manner around those young people they are put in charge of does not meet these expectations. I'm sure having relations with a teacher would be a feather in the cap of any teen-ager, but that does not excuse a lack of morality in the adults put in charge of them. I can't believe anyone would accept less than the highest morality. Truthfully, I have no problem with paying a teacher $100,000 to teach my child the 3 R's, but I draw the line at paying for a $100,000 per year prostitute.

You mentioned it. MORALITY which is the key word here. THe Morality and Social Obligations towards the society is something that should be stressed by everyone including parents to their children. Eventually one of the child becomes a teacher, it would be utilized for a better purpose then to lure a teenager.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

friend, if i were trying to bait you, you would know it.
effectively, what you have actually said here on the internet for God and everybody to see is that you would allow your 12 or 14 year old daughter or granddaughter to have sexual intercourse with an adult, and that it would be OK with you.
shame on you and everybody that thinks like you.

I think you are overreacting and taking things out of context here. Give him a break please. He is only trying to make sense out of the various logical thoughts.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by monkofmimir

If someone of 14 is unable to make reasonable informed decisions, they have either had very poor influences (mommy?) in life or have some other issue.

the brains of the average 14 year old is not able to make complex decisions, even comparable to the level of an 18 or 19 year old.
the frontal cortex, and the subcortical structures that are responsible for measured "executive" thought, are not fully formed until the early to mid 20s.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the teachings and education system. The biological aspects of the brain (cortex and subcortical structures) are a whole different subject as per why they are taking longer to develop (darwin's theory here?....we are too instituitionalized that the brain doesnt need to develop any sooner? ). I have witnessed many smart and brainy 14 year olds with more maturity then many adults. It all depends on the social and family structure along with the education system.

However I do agree that given the situation on hand and the way our society, education system and laws are based, the age should be 18 for anyone to be considered an adult.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I think the biggest problem-isn't the brain development stage etc.
It's that were are all animals-when it all boils down to it. Human Nature takes over-it works differently on each of us.
Food and Culture has a lot to do with the outcome too. Trust me.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I find this thread and the responses timely, as I am currently considering finishing my teaching degree. I will ask you for your input. For starters, I have two teen age kids and I'm nearly forty and chubby, so no hot for teacher problems for me
. I'm torn between elementary education and art education. Art is my passion, but I have worked as a sub, and by the time the kids are in middle school and high school, they are so, for lack of a better word, nonchalant about learning it's almost impossible to reach them.

So opinions here. I'm definitely going to teach. What do you parents think? That's what more school systems need to do- ask for input from the parents.

As an aside, the number one reason teachers lose their jobs in TN is because of inappropriate contact with students. It's like we have a big sign on the state line that says "pedophiles need apply here". It is ridiculous. My own daughter was accosted in middle school (5th grade). A teacher grabbed her bottom. She didn't tell me until two years later because she was afraid I would throw him out the window. He was fired later for going all the way with a 13 year old. He needed to be thrown out a window.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join