It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights over PA Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
With the number of UFO sightings, lights, and strange anomalies occurring lately, I've kept my eyes on the sky hoping to see something. Well, since January there has been nothing. The other night (Wed the 16th) on my way back from my friends house I noticed a flashing light over the mountain to my right. It was not an antenna or any land based object, I've driven on that road for years, and I rechecked again during the day to see if anything had been built, nothing. Then a 2nd light below it started to flash. As I kept watching I then noticed a 3rd light to the right. All 3 lights formed a triangle. Pointing out the lights to the driver, they said "Yea, I saw them on my way to get you (30min earlier)" We watched them and they didn't move, he also stated they were in the same spot as when he passed through earlier. With no way to record them, (I tried but didn't show up, as we only had cell phone cameras) we continued on.

I continued to watch for any details, or movements. We then passed over a bridge on the Susquehanna River, and I was dumbfounded that the local Nuclear Power Plant was sitting almost below the lights. PPL Power Plant If anything, I would rule out ET's, and go with man-made/piloted due to the strobe light on each object.

Friday the 18th, I was in the same location we saw the lights 2 nights earlier, and a red object flew across the sky. It was moving really fast, and just before disappearing it made an abrupt left without effecting it's speed. I thought "shooting star" but it left no tail, only a red "dot" or "orb". No tracer, nothing. The next day a friend called me from a military base in Texas, and described a similar sighting, only it was green. This changed my decision to post something about what I saw. There is more to his sighting, however all of this means nothing without evidence or more witnesses.

Has anyone seen, heard, or read of anything over North Eastern PA? If I can get any leads, I'll do my best to spot, travel, and record.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm a river rat south of TMI
Saw meteor on Friday night arount 10pm
Greenish white and very short in duration
Will keep my eyes open

neighbor!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
I'm a river rat south of TMI
Saw meteor on Friday night arount 10pm
Greenish white and very short in duration

That is the time I saw the "red" object myself. It vanished so quick, and right after it turned. Probably turned from green to red as it burned up, and broke apart causing the sudden turn.

Still looking for any info on the flashing lights.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX1874

I'm not far out from the Limerick nuclear power plant, and I can tell you that we regularly have some relatively advanced aircraft (silent black helicopters, harrier style jets in the year after 9/11 etc) doing patrols around it. So the first part sounds pretty normal.

In a most likely unrelated story, I saw a rather large military convoy heading west from Allentown, PA and the convoy was chock full o' generators and fuel. Could have just been a drill, but one I have not seen in 23 years living in the area.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I'd love to see that up close. I know we have fighter jets fly by once and awhile, never saw harriers or black choppers tho. I was prob. that however, they hovered for at least 30min, so it couldn't have been a plane flying away or towards me.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX1874

I live extremely close to this area...I've actually worked on that facility and never noticed anything out of the norm, but I was never really looking at that time. I'll be sure to keep my eyes in the sky from now on.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Typically, fiery, plasma, looking objects, with no discernable fiery tail are not meteorite's; but still not of this Earth. They are called: Foofighters with classic fiery color's of red or green. I believe that stage of fiery plasma, is their landing stage. I've witnessed a foofighter myself, and let me tell you, these starships love to buzz around nuclear power plants.

Congratulations,

Erno

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i saw a few ufo's recently up in susquehanna county (oct, nov). one next to a wind turbine on browndale mtn, levitating and flashing, one headed due north in a hurry, pulsing light. one steady light going south than quick turn east.

good luck

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Foo Fighters eh? Well In this case I'll describe this object as a Foo Fighter.

-I witnessed a RED Foo Fighter at 10pm (give or take a minute) Friday the 18th over North Eastern, Pennsylvania. I was facing north-west, it came from behind me heading north, and curved west before disappearing.

-My friend witnessed a GREEN Foo Fighter go from horizon-to-horizon, West to East at 12am (midnight) on Friday the 18th. He described it as moving "really fast". He is living on Fort Bliss, Texas and is familiar with the speed of fighters from the ground, this was going "shooting star" speed. He called to inform me of this sighting the next morning, and I had not mentioned my sighting to him until after he told me about his. At this time I assumed we witnessed a x-mas colored meteor shower.

-paratus witnessed this.

I'm a river rat south of TMI Saw meteor on Friday night aroun[d] 10pm Greenish white and very short in duration
from paratus.

-The RED Foo Fighter I witnessed, as best as I can figure, went from where I saw it (Catawissa) towards Williamsport to the North-West. If it continued it's line, it was going for mountains, large state forests, and a national forest, and The Great Lakes (Lake Erie being the closest).

-The GREEN Foo Fighter, if it was the same one, went from El Paso, Texas, heading East. Connecting to Harrisburg, the curvature would bring it over the area in which I witnessed it.

-Below is a google.maps link, it should bring you to Catawissa (red letter 'A')
Catawissa, North Eastern, Pennsylvania

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The lights are in the sky right now! It's one flashing and rotating object in the sky north east of me, seemingly in the area I saw the 3 on Wed night. What I can make of my location, and the UFO is it would be near the Nuclear Power Plant in Berwick.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
^Link to a thread I started as soon as I went for a smoke and saw it. My friend in the town over was watching it with me and he was telling me what he saw it doing, and I was seeing ditto. (making sure I'm not seeing things, obviously not)
edit on 2/23/2011 by SixX1874 because: added link

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm from NEPA. Scranton, specifically.

I never see anything, though not for lack of trying. My ex-brother-in-law is a volunteer firefighter and used to hit me with stories of strange lights and shapes in the sky all the time, particularly in areas containing power plants.

I keep searching the skies, though. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky.

new topics

top topics

join