It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Qaddafi Nostradamus' Mabus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Nostradamus:

Century 2, Quatrain 62

Mabus will soon die, then will come.
A horrible slaughter of people and animals.
At once vengeance is revealed coming from a hundred hands.
Thirst and famine when the comet will pass.

So, we have:

1. The arrival of the Comet Elenin.

2. Muammar al-Qaddafi possibly being overthrown.

Nostradamus also put some of the names in his quatrains into codes and anagrams in order to avoid the wrath of the inquisition. He explained that he would use parts of the letters of the real names, anagrams, codes, and even that he would change vowels and so forth. So, let us see if "Mabus" could be a code of Qaddafi. Qaddafi's full name is Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qaddafi.

So ---> Muammar Abu Minyar al-Qaddafi

We very easily get Mabu in this way. Which is one of the common methods Nostradamus is believed to have used. Taking the first letter of the full name in the order that it is written, and then combining it with a middle name as the name is written in order. Nostradamus is also believed to have used the method of taking a name and adding an ending letter to it in order to indicate male or female, which is done in certain languages. So if you add an s to indicate that "Mabu" is a male, then...............

Mabu + s = Mabus

So, the question is then - is Muammar al-Qaddafi the Mabus that Nostradamus prophesied?

Discuss.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't think it fits.

Why would Qaddafi kill a bunch of animals?

I'll need more to go with to make this one add up correctly.

I am open to suggestions though I suppose since we are just speculating for fun.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Not trying to insult you, but you said the exact same thing for Mubarak, and made a thread here

This just demonstrates what I said in your old thread, back then. Nostradamous' prophecies are so vague, Mabus could be anyone. The thing is, if something like that did happen, his supporters would still cite this as proof he was right, despite making the same claim and missing x times prior. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I know if I was genuinely a prophet, I'd be as accurate and direct as I possibly could- what's the point of making prophecies that are 'open for interpretation'?
edit on 22-2-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I like your out of the box thinking!! good job....whether he is or not its nice to see you doing some research and trying to connect some dots

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever
Not trying to insult you, but you said the exact same thing for Mubarak, and made a thread here

This just demonstrates what I said in your old thread, back then. Nostradamous' prophecies are so vague, Mabus could be anyone. The thing is, if something like that did happen, his supporters would still cite this as proof he was right, despite making the same claim and missing x times prior. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I were genuinely a prophet, I know I'd be as accurate and direct as I possibly could- what's the point of making prophecies that are 'open for interpretation'?

Nostradamus was tortured by the inquisition when he was young for making those clear prophecies. He was told if he ever did so again that he would be killed by the inquisitors. So when he wrote the quatrain prophecies many years later, he put them in four line poems and used anagrams and codes.

Believe it or not, the very high likelihood of him being tortured and possibly murdered by the inquisition was a legit reason for him to be concerned. So the "if I was a prophet" argument does not really make much sense to me in this case. I somehow doubt that you would have enjoyed being tortured and/or killed by an inquisitor.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have a prediction when i go to work today at 4 i see loads of bullsh$%^ work on my desk! lets hope its a bogus prediction

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't see the connection with the hundred hands/vengeance and Qaddafi, but the quatrain rings true to the times we are in. Animal deaths, the comet (which in my opinion could also be Apophis in 2036) all coincide with current events.

A thought: Mabus could be an anagram, or pehaps is backwards (sometimes numbers and words are said to appear upside-down and/or backwards. Sudam? Saddam?

Maybe, but when we want to find connections, as I just exemplified, we will. Like 11:11. I see it all the time. Does it mean something? Maybe. Could I just be reading into it? Absolutely.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Why would Qaddafi kill a bunch of animals?

He wouldn't, if he were Mabus. He would die and then people and animals would die.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Could the vengeance coming from 100 hands be the uprisings we are starting to see around the world by people fed up? Then, Suddam could be Mabus and the death of the animals we have been seeing could be a part of the prophecy coming true as well. Sometimes, I wonder about these things, but they are vague.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

In his speech he told his followers to beat the protesters to death like "Rats". Hmmmmm scary.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Nostradamus:

Century 2, Quatrain 62

A horrible slaughter of people and animals.

So, we have:

1. The arrival of the Comet Elenin.

2. Muammar al-Qaddafi possibly being overthrown.

Well since you are way out of the box , you could connect the mass bird deaths and protesters killings in Libya to the "A horrible slaughter of people and animals"

Just saying

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
How about Admiral Ray Mabus?
www.med.navy.mil...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

My basic point was, as I said, that a vague prophecy is useless. Sorry, but I just see that your threads, at least partially, serve to demonstrate that. If people can't even figure out who 'Mabus' is, that whole verse, is worthless, seeing as its accuracy basically relies on this mysterious figures identity, as the death of said individual starts the ball rolling, apparently. I was not questioning the motive(s) for his actions, I was questioning the worth of his statements, or at least, the statement you reference. I suppose it is fun to speculate, and try and match the pieces, but I don't suppose he risked all, for the enjoyment of future generations. Who knows, though, and of course, you're free to speculate, I do that plenty- just trying to be pragmatic, is all.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The "s" just magically appears even though it does not fit either scenario?

Nice try, but a far reach.

Nostradamus quatrains were so non-descript and vague, you can apply them to any time you want if you play with it enough.

In closing...Nostradamus = crock of poo poo. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

Nostradamus quatrains were so non-descript and vague, you can apply them to any time you want if you play with it enough.

The letter "s" is used in some languages at the end of the name to indicate the male sex. I explained that in the post. It is not unusual or uncommon.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes Sir, I am aware of that fact and I am aware that it was in your post.
However, Nostradamus wrote his work in French (old 16th century French at that).

I am no French language scholar and I may be wrong, but I don't think the French language is one that adds an S to make something masculine.

Perhaps someone a little more well versed in French can confirm or deny this?

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

The letter "s" is used in some languages at the end of the name to indicate the male sex. I explained that in the post. It is not unusual or uncommon.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So replace the New Madrid earthquake with the Japanese earthquake and all we need is for Qaddafi to die once the US bombing campaign starts. Which is bound to happen soon. If it happens around the time that Comet Elenin's tail hits the Earth then.........

that plus the Japanese earthquake and tsunami happening right around the first alignment of the comet = Nostradamus Mabus prophecy fullfilled.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hmmm... Don't really know what to make of Nostradamus.

Though with the comet approaching this might prove one of those prophecies of his which does make some sense. If Gaddafi is overthrown and killed (something which looks a lot less likely now than it did a couple of weeks ago) we could surmise that he is 'Mabus'.

Hopefully not the case and there will be no slaughter of people and animals.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm not trying to be rude to OP

...Just some reference for the OP to consider...

Obama's advisor is Ray Mabus...Nostradamus connection??? = Read Source
edit on 17-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

From a totally different perspective, what if MABUS is not a person...

Mabus then will soon die, there will come
Of people and beasts a horrible rout:
Then suddenly one will see vengeance,
Hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run.
Century II, Quatrain 62

Could Mabus be Abu Musa, the Island in dispute between Iran and the United Arab Emirates? Its demise could be the beginning of the destruction of people and animals due to the environmental concerns associated with the Persian Gulf Island. (i.e the oil reserves situated there)

Check out www1.american.edu/ted/abumusa.htm or google Abu Musa: Island Dispute between Iran and the UAE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join