It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

So this is what they are spraying in chemtrails! besides aluminum , barium , strontium etc...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well ultimately,. this is good news
Maybe the populace will wake up a bit,.
I do remember some gentelman stating in a sort of a prediction
that many people will begin growing their own food due to something like this.
Interisting coincidence.
Sure glad I have a garden,. plenty of wild game and my own source of water

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There is more to this than just the health issues. Monsanto hold "intellectual property rights" to their GM soy beans. Much like when you use a MS Windows OS, you aren't buying the product or even the disc it came on, you are being granted the license to use the product. This is the case with Monsanto soy beans as well.

Monsanto and Intellectual Property

You may be thinking, "so what?" What that means is, you, as a farmer, cannot recapture your own seeds that you bought and paid for. You must purchase a whole new batch of seeds for planting the next season. If you are planting un-modified seeds but your fields are contaminated by pollen, etc, from neighboring farmers, you can still be prosecuted for intellectual property violations.

According to the movie, Food, Inc. , it will reach a point where all seeds found on the shelves of our local farm market will be GM'd making it illegal to keep and replant any seeds produced by these plants.

The implications are obvious; TPTB want complete control. Control of the money, transportation, food, security, and property. Take a close look at Justice Clarence Thomas's resume. And he is just the tip of the iceberg regarding public officials' ties to the AG industry.

Conflict of Interest

This issue runs deep. Real deep. The U.S. destroyed the corn industry in Mexico by creating NAFTA. Since we could export corn to Mexico much cheaper than they could grow it themselves, they stopped growing it. And what happened to all of those farm workers? Take a guess.

Furthermore, Monsanto has fought the labeling of foods that are GM'd, as well as fighting those wishing to label their products as NOT genetically modified. They seem to be contradicting themselves, as indicated by these two different reports:

Source1

Monsanto, the biotechnology major, holds the view that mandatory labelling of products made from genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in India would make no sense. It favours options such as companies voluntarily labelling products as not containing GMOs, and individuals making a personal decision not to consume food containing GM ingredients.

Source2

In 1994 Monsanto and state agriculture officials in the United States launched a similar intimidation campaign against several thousand dairies and health food stores in the US attempting to label or advertise their dairy products as free of recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH). To this date, Monsanto's "no labeling" intimidation campaign has been quite successful. Less than 10% of US dairy products today are labeled as "rBGH-free" even though the overwhelming majority (90%) US dairy cows are not being injected with the drug. Most of America's 1500 dairies, backed by food giants such as Kraft/Phillip Morris, have collaborated in denying consumers free choice by co-mingling rBGH-tainted milk with regular milk and then deliberately lying to consumers about the presence of the hormone ("we don't know") in their company's products.

It's all about money, power and control. What we see on the news is nothing more than a facade hiding the truth.
edit on 23-2-2011 by General.Lee because: Added Information

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is the scariest conspiracy theory of them all, that genetically modified foods turn on us and create a deadly disease wiping out world population. Of all the scenarios, with what they have been allowed to get by with using genetic manipulation, this is the one which could do us all in.

If it is happening here in the U.S., it is happening all across the globe.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

Hi, I'm like you and recently joined as well. It is my understanding that only non GMO foods have been served at the White House for nearly a decade. The Bush and now Obama regimes.

TextInsiders say No GMO!

Presidents and industry insiders avoid GMOs

TextPresidents and industry insiders avoid GMOs The Obama family has wisely opted out of exposing themselves to GM foods by requiring organic—and therefore non-GMO—foods served at the White House. They are even planting an organic garden on the south lawn of the White House, to feature 55 types of vegetables. The Bush family also had an organic kitchen policy. Laura Bush was "adamant" about it, but kept it all quiet. Even at Monsanto, many in-the-know employees won't consume the company's own GM creations. Back in 1999, the management of the cafeteria at Monsanto's UK headquarters in High Wycombe, England wrote: "In response to concern raised by our customers . . . we have decided to remove, as far as possible, genetically modified soy and maize (corn) from all food products served in our restaurant. . . . We have taken the above steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve." And one former Monsanto scientist told me that his colleagues, who were safety testing milk from cows injected with the company's genetically engineered bovine growth hormone, decided to stop drinking milk—unless it was organic.

Oh well at least they have enough seeds to start again after we're gone.

I am still new at this posting stuff so please forgive any errors on posting outside info, I only clicked on one of the many links that come up when searching White House no GMO. I really don't like Huffo but the article was pretty thorough.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It has long been known that GMO's cause desease in humans. But still, those companies are only bothered with the financial outcome of their activity. It's the logical consequence of capitalism gone wild. They will destroy us, the planet, yea, in the end partially themselfs, if nobody stops them. Partially, because on the other hand, what do we think all those "Seed Vaults" that they have dug into mountains, eternal ice and perma frost are good for? The elitists, like the british royals have their own real organic gardens. I guess those are the folks who will make use of the seed vaults, once one cant find one eatable plant anymore on the surface of the earth. I dont believe that you and I will get anything out of them Vaults, although they are probably being payed for with our tax money. Them Vaults are being guarded by high tech security systems and guys with machine guns...-

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I think the best one is survival seed bank. They offer a survival selection of 1 acre of high nutrition non hybrid seeds.
I haven't bought any but it seems the best as I've searched around and most trusted by the survivalists I know.

Probably expensive though so if you have others who you could go in on since you have less than 1 acre to seed.
Good luck!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's a really disgusting practice, in my opinion. I don't know what people are thinking when they support Monsanto and their ilk. It shows a disregard for the natural order of things and subject unknowing or unwilling populace to their form of crops.

I know people like to compare it to artificial sweeteners and the like, but I feel the two are in different leagues. My mother and I have health issues and need to avoid sugar overloads, but we goto the store and make the conscious decision to put those things in our body. GMO is giving you less and less of a choice in the matter.

I believe freedom of choice, and these tools take the decision making ability right out of our hands with unfair practice and fairly hard to control external issues in something that shouldn't be tampered with.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. After reading these posts, I have to wonder whether the Svalbard seed vault was developed to provide food for the elite and government after the regular food supply has been destroyed by Monsanto. I don't intend to be fear-mongering, and I realize not everything is a conspiracy, but this just seems a little obvious to me. You ATS guys amaze me with your ability to dig up facts, so maybe you can help me understand if there is a connection with the seed vault and this current subject. Not that it will matter, we certainly can't do anything about it, but it might explain the government's lack of regulation on GMO practices because they know they won't be going hungry when the food is gone.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hmmm,.
Georgia guidestones come to mind
population control

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hey, I don't want to get all "conspiracy" minded here, but wouldn't this just be the perfect way to reduce the population by a whole lot in a short time? Perhaps this is intentional?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very interesting

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

So much for Roundup being 100% safe...lol

As a Bushland Technician, I have been using RUp on a daily basis for many years "without a mask or other PPE".

This is most disturbing, as for the last couple of years I have been having some very strange and undiagnosed conditions, which I won't go into. I am now wondering if this might have promoted something similar in my body..!!

I might have to keep a close eye on this one !!

I might also pass this info onto some of my close friends within the Environmental industry.

The more ppl that know this and the faster this information gets out there, the more likely is won't be swept under the Extensive Monsanto rug...lol
edit on 2/23/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The thought of being arrested for planting a seed is absurd! I am not saying that the evil power holders of the world wouldn't love that, but it's so far from proper living, it makes me wonder if we really are in the dark ages.

Of course, we aren't, I'd like to see a government try and enforce that law. Not a chance, at least not without coming up against fervent opposition with every farmer and consumer they try and prosecute.

I've heard of a bill, I'm not familiar with the exact name, maybe the food safety law. It was proposing that if someone was suspected of holding illegal seeds, their house would be subject to search and seizure without warrant. So not only are they telling you you can only eat poison, they're also going to give themselves the right to enter our homes and who knows what happens from there.

Well it'll only happen if we let it.
But that means, we must stop by monsanto, stop eating monsanto, start supporting our local farmers, and, of course, be local farmers.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I call bull-shizzle.

Read this part of the statement -

This could be the worst nightmare of genetic engineering that some scientists including me have been warning for years [3] (see Genetic Engineering Dream or Nightmare, ISIS publication): the unintended creation of new pathogens through assisted horizontal gene transfer and recombination.

This is the anti-GM camps psyops warfare. I won't buy into it unless we see more peer-reviewed work from REPUTABLE sources, not some jumped-up wannabe science academics.

ATS's Chicken Little strikes again!

The Rev.
edit on 23-2-2011 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

"This is the anti-GM camps psyops warfare"....lol Sorry that just sounded so funny. those damn anti-GM guys. How dare they try and keep poison out of our food.

Seriously that comment made me think of Good ole Rumsfield telling the Mancow radio show that he had no idea about building 7.

Like a big giant gorilla in your uncles living room and you tell him "hey unc, there's a giant elephant pooping in your living room, you should get rid of it." and your uncle responds, "No No little Johnny, what elephant are you talking about? I don't see any elephants in here." as he steps in a pile.....o.O

Sorry everyone, just get so tired of pulling heads out of the sand.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

So you state for the record, that the anti-GM movement has NO axe to grind, and doesn't resort to cheap shots and dirty tricks to try and win the fight?

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Eh, this isn't even close to novelty.

These critters have been around for decades, LOL.

Look up:

weaponized mycoplasma

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join