It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Senior Scientist Sends “Emergency” Warning to US Secretary of Agriculture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

I once posted a letter here on ATS that said monsanto employees do not eat their own food.
I will try to find it again -
They know it's poison.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I'd be interested to read that...
what foods does monsanto spray their poison on...is it all vegetables here in the USA?
edit on 22-2-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

scary business. wonder how long it will take for them to bury this story (or said Scientist) s&f

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Then we must conform to the threat, since monsanto may be involved. Generally, the firm gets a pass in all their mishaps, and endeavors. In other words, they never get to the bottom of it when corporations are at fault, esp. since the scope of their blunders tend to envelope large spheres of the ecosystem. Who pays? You doo.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

thank you for the kind words. it's hard to be a newbie (gosh do people still use that term?). My father actually grew up on a farm and remembers when soy beans were the big thing, and the government would come in and try to get farmers to start growing it. His family wanted no parts of it they knew it was no good.

there has to be some big time class action lawsuit that all the farmers affected by monsanto could win. I know they are almost to big to fight, but I just know there has to be a way to defeat them!

or do what the haitians did and just burn their disgusting seeds.

I doubt I will get a honest reply to the question I asked the usda, but I will keep everyone posted on what they say!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can't remember the story.. but I listened to an audio book a few years back.. It was a sci-fi about a world that engineered a sort of algae based super food to solve the world food shortages. The thing mutated and took over.. it would kill anyone who came into contact with it from the inside out. I hope this doesn't end up being another case of Sci-Fi predicting reality.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i have said for years to everyone I know stockpile heritage seeds, and grow you own vegies. I mean it folks. we have about a 1/4 acre garden and we can/freeze/dehydrate all our own veggies for four people for the year, pluss we always have extra to give away and save.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This is a new one to me. Right about the only thing I know about gmo and issues is with Monsantos round up ready patents, which do not allow for heirlooming. As for negative health effects, that I know of, there are none.

What I do know, is that most countries opposed to gmo outside of the US, have tested it and have found no negative health effects either. Monsantos round up weed killer and some of the other chemicals released into the environment on the other hand, ... think cancer. The one legitimate complaint about it, is they say it (gmo) is unnatural,(three ears of corn from one stock and the like) and worry of it spreading through cross pollination; that sounds more like a preference to me, dunno. Take that as you may but in my opinion, several gmo crops have some great ideas behind them, they just require more monitoring and testing.

I personally prefer heirlooms and hybrids, but I do not mind when they put fish dna in food brand seeds that prevent freezing, or work with plant breeding to create plants that require less water to grow and survive.

Thanks for the link op.
Dont forget, ask a farmer folks, Im sure if anyone knows, farmers will.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
i always get bad fungi too NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
In case MONSANTO comes up with new GMO's resistant to those kind of "pathogenes", we can guess where they came from in the first place, if they exist at all. Companys like MONSANTO and various biological and medical institutes already invent "pathogenes" for which they also develop and patent test kids and remedies and none of us can ever examine if the junk they talk about realy exists, because only they have the necessary technology to proof they exist. So this new discovered "pathogene" might just be a new pawn in a hellish profitable game.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
As long as it stays within GMO crops, it's a good thing. It will stop Monsanto from poisoning the world and destroying the entire ecosystem. And because of these Monsanto sociopaths, many people will go hungry. Many will starve. Many will die. All for money. All for profit. All for the Corporation. AND If it crosses over to all species, maybe we all die? Don't worry about it though...It's all good...All part of the Divine plan. So relax and enjoy the ride. PEACE

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hmmm. You know how I get rid of weeds? I pull them up. You know how I avoid white fly on my tomatoes? I take the affected leaves off the plant.

This whole chemical and chemical-ready business is self-defeating, as a previous poster mentioned.

As far as the letter goes...if it's authentic, not good.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

don't hold your breath

The USDA’s Organic Deception

from my 1st thread: USDA Certified Organic’s Dirty Little Secret: Neotame

as a previous poster pointed out Vilecrap or whatever his name is a Monsteranto minion and shill

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
One word.

Depopulation.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

It's interesting that there was a mention of Roundup. This is a Monsanto
product and guess who is HEAVILY into genetically modifying the Soy industry. You cannot hope to find regular soy products in the US because it is all controlled by the corporations who make designer food. We are talking about DNA being mixed between species, even insect DNA, and inserted into our food supplies.

When can we make the connection that genetically modifying these products may cause adverse reactions or even new forms of viruses which can now cross the species boundaries. This is really a no win scenario other than the corporations making more money at the cost of public health.

I'm not making this up....

What combinations have been tried? It is now possible for plants to be engineered with genes taken from bacteria, viruses, insects, animals or even humans. Scientists have worked on some interesting combinations:

>Spider genes were inserted into goat DNA, in hopes that the goat milk would contain spider web protein for use in bulletproof vests.

>Cow genes turned pigskins into cowhides.

>Jellyfish genes lit up pigs' noses in the dark.

>Artic fish genes gave tomatoes and strawberries tolerance to frost.

>Potatoes that glowed in the dark when they needed watering.

>Human genes were inserted into corn to produce spermicide.

Current field trials include:

>Corn engineered with human genes (Dow)

>Sugarcane engineered with human genes (Hawaii Agriculture Research Center)

>Corn engineered with jellyfish genes (Stanford University)

>Tobacco engineered with lettuce genes (University of Hawaii)

>Rice engineered with human genes (Applied Phytologics)

>Corn engineered with hepatitis virus genes (Prodigene)

Link : Institute for Responsible Technology

edit on 23-2-2011 by Spirit Warrior 11:11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

I came across this little gem yesterday.

The Seedier Side of Alfalfa Contamination
GMO Bt cotton linked to livestock deaths in India
edit on 23-2-2011 by Evil3unnie because: links

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

What the hell OP ? This could be some real doom. Scary and possibly biblical in proportions. Thanks for bringing this forward.

Round up is some vile crap for sure. You think it's not already effecting the ecosystem ? I know most gardners in So cailf. use it.all over the place.
edit on 23-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This could present an opportunity to those in the government pushing regulation authority on the recently passed federal food safety act. Basically, it could be interpretted in the manner of prohibiting home gardening. When asked at the time in congress about it possible interpretation, it was played down with it wouldn't be used like that.
This smells foul.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by hope4better
i have said for years to everyone I know stockpile heritage seeds, and grow you own vegies. I mean it folks. we have about a 1/4 acre garden and we can/freeze/dehydrate all our own veggies for four people for the year, pluss we always have extra to give away and save.

Any suggestions on where to purchase these seeds from a reputable site? All kinds of websites out there selling em but how do you know if your getting the real thing?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
very interesting find, OP.
I don't feel inclined to use phrases like "wake up call" but at least I'm inspired by the post to reflect some more on things like GMO. As an European, it's interesting to see how US lobbyists are trying to lie our EU representatives into accepting GMO, but for the time being it's a no-go over here. Probably the power of Monsanto over Belgium is less than its power in the US, but than again, no local belgian senator is married to a top exec of Monsanto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join