It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Democrats Flee State To Block Anti-Union Bill: Reports

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Are you kidding me? Seriously, you're blaming unions for the mass exodus of jobs being shipped overseas? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Wow. Talk about repeating talking points without understanding ANYTHING about the subject.

Yes, unions should have convinced Old Navy to make their clothes in the US by matching the same cents-a-day wages and deadly working conditions that the children they employ in other countries will do the work for.

Unions should have single-handedly stopped NAFTA from going through.

Unions should be able to track down and punish US companies for hiding their assets in offshore accounts tax-free.

Where was the IT Workers Union when all those jobs got shipped to India? Oh yeah, THERE WASN'T ONE.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestForagerAnd Russ Feingold, can go find gold in another state, he'll never be governor here again.

LOL, Feingold has never been the governor of anything.

Are you sure you're from Wisconsin, or just badly mistaken?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Are you kidding me? Seriously, you're blaming unions for the mass exodus of jobs being shipped overseas? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Wow. Talk about repeating talking points without understanding ANYTHING about the subject.

Yes, unions should have convinced Old Navy to make their clothes in the US by matching the same cents-a-day wages and deadly working conditions that the children they employ in other countries will do the work for.

Unions should be able to track down and punish US companies for hiding their assets in offshore accounts tax-free.

Where was the IT Workers Union when all those jobs got shipped to India? Oh yeah, THERE WASN'T ONE.

Us IT workers want to make more than twenty bucks an hour. Thats why we don't have a union.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Ah, lol, you're right. So minus the 'again' part... still, Senator, Governor, what is the difference? Can't trust any of them corrupt politicians. And I like Scott Walker more then Findgold. I was a first time voter, 30 years old and never paid attention to such political things, just knew we needed a radical change here. So it's exactly what I've expected so far.

I'll keep my trap shut for now... it's for the best... and sit back with a smirk on my face.

edit on 22-2-2011 by ForestForager because: ... ... ...

Ex

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Kinda off topic, but Not:

Did you know Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck and all talking heads of Fox belong to a union?

FOX talking heads are all card carrying union members. Funny, they don’t mention it. They are members of “The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.” Union representing professional actors, dancers, singers, and broadcasters. (AFTRA)

Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michelle Malkin, Bill O’Reilly, Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin……. are members of AFTRA yet do not want teachers to have the right to collective bargaining?

“AFTRA Union for entertainers that negotiates salaries, enforces safe working conditions, sponsors employer-paid health and retirement benefits, provides scholarships, and generally makes your life easier. Performers or journalists in television, radio and the recording industry can join. This includes actors, soap opera actors, singers, game show hosts, newscasters, audio-book narrators-just about any person who is seen or heard in the broadcasting world.”

Glen Beck voted on pages 5, 7, & 14
www.aftra.com...

Glenn Beck is a member of AFTRA, LA Local 2010

Here is their voting within their union:
www.aftra.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Who's calling the kettle black????

I'm sorry but I had to start a thred about this, because I am so upset, straighten this out for me , Plz Mods

edit on 2/22/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Us IT workers want to make more than twenty bucks an hour. Thats why we don't have a union.

Don't forget that we IT workers want to earn our pay by actually doing the work instead of being more concerned with break times and lunch times and making sure we don't "step on another union person's toes" (euphemism for another reason not to actually have to work while "on the job".

And it wasn't just high wages and benefits that caused jobs to be shifted overseas. It was pure waste. I'll even call it fraud. Example: How many times have you seen a work crew with one person working and the others just watching - earning money by not actually doing anything? A union contract made all that waste possible by mandating crew size beyond what is actually needed.

link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

LOL, really? Nope, no Union here

You don't have an IT Union if you live in a "Right To Work [In Crappy Conditions]" State.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
Kinda off topic, but Not:

Did you know Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck belong to a union?

en.wikipedia.org...

Could it be that they belong to a union only because state law (wrongly) requires union membership in order to get the job?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You don't have an IT Union if you live in a "Right To Work [In Crappy Conditions]" State.

Do you even hear yourself?

Answer this very simple question.

If belonging to a union is so absolutely wonderful, why do they have to force people to join by state law? You'd think unions couldn't sign members up fast enough if being a union member was so great.

Right to work means right to work - without having to join an organization you do not want to belong to.

Right to work DOES NOT mean you can't join a union if you want to.

Right to work is called FREEDOM TO CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF.

Doesn't that make right to work a part of the American Dream?
edit on 2/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestForager

I was a first time voter, 30 years old and never paid attention to such political things, just knew we needed a radical change here. So it's exactly what I've expected so far.

That doesn't surprise me. There's been a lot of bandwagon voters lately, and they all seem to just buy into the rhetoric and vote for the person who seems most "extreme" to them. This happens on both sides.

Those of us who have been paying attention since before we even could vote aren't so easily fooled. Those of us who have been voting since we were 18 have seen all this before and value the candidate who wants to compromise and work together, not throw the other side under the bus. That makes for great TV, but not for a great country.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Do you even Google before you post things?

Unions don't exist in RTW states. You know why?

Employer: "Which one of you works for a union?"
Candidate 1: "Me"
Candidate 2: "Not me."
Employer: "Candidate 2, you're hired. No need to show me your resume."

Basic elementary economics. Seriously, study it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That doesn't surprise me. There's been a lot of bandwagon voters lately ...

Correct.

Unions have always been notorious for telling (indoctrinating?) their members on how they have to vote on issues and candidates. They absolutely don't want their members deciding for themselves. No, the members are told exactly how to vote.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

you dont understand I dont have a job...I dont pay taxes.....NOBODY IS REPRESENTING ME. I am an untrackable number that isnt figured into the Unemployment % There are 10's of thousands just like me. Do you think I care one bit if any or all of the public employees in this country loose their jobs and DON"T draw unemployment benifits. I dont. Their going to loose their jobs anyway. The country is Broke. Its time to do this. Time is now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?? I'm not a stewardess or sell cell phones. Like I said I want to earn money not hand it to thugs.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

did you know the guys at CNN and MSNBC belong to the same union?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I suggest you take your own advice before making a fool of yourself anymore.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Of course I use Google.

For example, I just found that states with no right to work laws such as Wisconsin and Ohio are losing jobs to states with right to work laws such as there are in the South and West.

Again, answer the question. Why would people have to be forced to join a union if it was such a great benefit to the workers?
edit on 2/22/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

go to Vegas and try getting a job setting up convention sites without joining their union. Do you google anything before you post...right back at ya buddy

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

. . .

Really now?

Texas is a right to work state . . .

Communication Workers of America - Texas

Communications Workers Union - Texas

Office and Professional Employees International Union - Texas

SO what were you saying?

edit on 2/22/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: Added another ridiculous quote by one of my favorite . . . yeah, don't want a ban

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Study this instead:

Worker in RTW state maybe makes a little less money, but they still have an American job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join