It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Arrested for Drawing Inappropriate Stick Figures by Police in Colorado, Taken Away in Handcuffs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Many have said that something isn't right with this kid. Maybe. But he is 11 years old. Jail or Juvie will really help him hone is serial killer craft I'm sure!

The police have no business in this issue. If he needs help, he needs help. If the teacher and administration are fearful, they can kick him out of school. If they are not fearful, then he should be there growing up among his peers.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is an epic assault on our freedom. They are making an example out of this 11 year old boy and for what purpose? To make us afraid? It is so ridiculous. Drawing is natural. Anger is a natural emotion. This kid is probably just starting to hit puberty and his hormones are going crazy. Do you honestly believe that this 11 year old boy wants to kill his teachers, let alone any one? NO! This reminds me of the time my younger brother had to appear in court and got fined $250 for a "Terroristic Threat" (telling a kid he was going to "beat his ass"). ADD, bipolar, anger problems, whatever you want to call it, however you may try to justify it, this is NOT RIGHT!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I used to draw soldiers shooting each other. The enemy was Karmakyastan, which is a country that doesnt exist so my artwork was politically correct.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I find it ironic that the kid can watch all sorts of graphic violence on TV, the www, movies etc. But if he expresses himself, he get arrested.

I wish I had of become an attorney with all the dumbass administrators "just askin for it" I'd be retired by now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Though I dont condone arresting a child, but this kid has some serious issues! Regardless of ADD or not, if he is drawing " teacher must die " on a piece of paper, thats the making of a " Michael Myers ".

Oh come on! Get that drivel outta here.

I remember at Christmas time we used to change the words to "Joy to the World" to joke about killing our teachers. And that was in 5th grade or so.

"What happened to the body? We flushed it down the potty, and around and around it goes, and around and around it goes."

And guess what? I've never been a violent person, I consider myself a pacifist, I don't agree with any form of violent revolution as you would see some folks on here say is necessary. And no, I've never murdered a teacher or seriously considered it. Kids hate school.

This generation is ridiculous altogther. Kids are either wussified or labeled threats and drugged up at a young age. Gonna have a buncha pansies and psychos when these kids get older, and it isn't their fault at all.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Drawing a picture like that ( encouraged or not).... This kid has more problems than just ADD...

No, I don't think he should have been arrested... But he clearly needs more help than he is getting.

Those in glass houses.

I'm sure you've had at least ONE thought in your lifetime that could have someone else saying the same about you.

I guess, as others have said, it would be okay if he had an American soldier killing an Iraqi terrorist, right? That's fine and dandy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The kid is NORMAL. I did the same. I still do the same. Take the prescription drugs away and give him a sketch pad. The worst that could happen is that he develops into a talented and successful artist.

[color=#FF0000]FIRE THE TEACHER
edit on 2-22-2011 by groingrinder because: edited for bbcode tags

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Every time I read a story about the stupidity in todays world I think back to when I was a child. The things me and my friends did... we would have been arrested and investigated by the FBI and Homeland security. It is really really sad. Its only going to get worse. These kids that are arrested like this are going to have a fire that burns in them until maturity, the physiological damage will cause worse things to happen. Im starting to believe that 2012 will indeed be self perpetuated because of idiots that are currently in charge.

PS: I recently did some work on an indie game, it was a mod of Left4Dead, for those non gamers: L4D is a zombie co-op shooter. It is one of the best and most enjoyable games out there. Anyways I was working on a model for a new character in the game, the character has multiple limbs missing, no head, and is gushing blood from every single orifice I can think of. Do I face time in jail for this ?, or for playing L4D ?

edit on 22-2-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
He needs to take better lessons in art class. Stick figures lol.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I find it ironic that the kid can watch all sorts of graphic violence on TV, the www, movies etc. But if he expresses himself, he get arrested.

I wish I had of become an attorney with all the dumbass administrators "just askin for it" I'd be retired by now.

I've been thinking the same thing, and law school is only 3 years, I have been seriously considering applying. Since my wife won't let me become "The Punisher" or "Batman" I figure an attorney might be able to dole out similar repercussions to those that deserve it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Can you imagine what the modern school system would do to Stephen King, John Romita (Punisher illustrator), Frank Miller, or Wes Craven?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14

I remember at Christmas time we used to change the words to "Joy to the World" to joke about killing our teachers. And that was in 5th grade or so.

Actually, a very good point. I had forgotten, but now remember singing in school:

"On top of Old Smokey, all covered in blood
I shot my poor teacher with a 44 slug
I went to her funeral
I went to her grave
And just to make sure that she was dead
I took a bazooka and blew off her head.

I assume such a song would be actionable now.

edit on 22-2-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

When I was a kid, emptying out shot gun shells to make bombs and detonating them with electronic rocket launchers was a normal activity in my neighborhood. You won't be having that kind of educational good clean fun today.
I used to make contact explosive and paint it on the floor of the building we had Boy Scout Troop meetings in to laugh at everyone who detonated it with their footsteps when they came in. Better living through chemistry. Even my Scoutmasters had a laugh about it.
edit on 2-22-2011 by groingrinder because: Edited to provide additional educational content.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Sure, that was pretty common, among other songs.

What about Ex-lax in candies gifted to the teacher? A substitute teacher was like a day off. We did that a time or two! Now that would be some kind of felony!

My brother is currently a teacher, and I am pretty sure I helped him do some pretty good pranks to his teachers, so I wonder how he would feel about his payback now?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Good grief! I can't believe all the posters saying they think this boy is disturbed or whatever.

C'mon; he draw a stickman shooting a gun. When I was a kid that age I drew stick soldiers fighting it out andtanks and planes shooting each other in battles. It's no worse than playing cowboy and indians as a kid - although I suppose these days, some people think that's the sign of a evil violent child as well!

Unbelievable - it's political correctness gone crazy!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I think there is something to be said about this comment. It feels as thought they are singling out everyone that dosnt fit the mold, people that are different and unique. Sure some of those personality traits go hand in hand with some creative people, but what happens when the system weeds out the future Leonardo Di Vinici, the next Wes Craven, or even the next Bach and loads them up with meds to make them "fit"... Ill tell you what happens, we loose the ability to be human. We loose the ability to be creative, to use our minds to our full ability.

Every system no matter how stable has a shelf life. I believe the one we call society, is almost there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You could wear your Punisher costume when you do your TV commercials. It would probably go over really well. "We don't just take them to court....we PUNISH them!!"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by TheFinalTruth14

Originally posted by TheFinalTruth14

Actually, a very good point. I had forgotten, but now remember signing in school:

"On top of Old Smokey, all covered in blood
I shot my poor teacher with a 44 slug
I went to her funeral
I went to her grave
And just to make sure that she was dead
I took a bazooka and blew off her head.

I assume such a song would be actionable now.

edit on 22-2-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

What about
row row row your boat
gently down the stream
throw your teacher overboard
and listen to her scream.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Sabretooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Sounds perfect for a divorce lawyer!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That is just ridiculous

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join