It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Arrested for Drawing Inappropriate Stick Figures by Police in Colorado, Taken Away in Handcuffs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I shudder at stuff like this, when I was a kid I would draw the most gruesome violent acts in graphic detail against teachers I didn't like.
Thank goodness I was born before all this craziness otherwise I would have been locked up and medicated as a child.
That being said, I'm probably one of the least violent people you're ever likely to meet.
And to add to it, when I was a child, I would play with toy guns all the time, and loved GI Joe....and yet, I turned out ok, and have never owned, or considered owning a real gun.....this disgusts me.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Unity, let me play devil's advocate for a minute. Lets say this child (or any other) went to your child's school and the picture drawn depicted him shooting/stabbing/beating another stick figure with your child's name on it. Or, even not depicting your son, but your son's teacher. Would you then pat him on the head, tell him it's ok, you understand it's just pre-teen hormones and send him on his way?

Michelle

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
He's 11. Spank him and gound him for a month. Problem solved. This kid does not need jail head shrinkers and drugs he needs discipline and parenting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Its difficult to tell if this kid was just acting out or has something more serious on his mind. I think he should have been expelled with no return to school until he completes some sound counseling. It would be good to know where this kid is coming from - we don't need another school shooting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 22-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For gosh sake! With all the violent TV programming and video games, even I, at 56, still imagine shooting people who piss me off! Always have, never acted on it. Good thing there aren't "thought police", yet, just "art police"

This is such an overreaction!

As for "music sucks" for all we know, his teachers weren't like "Jack Black" in "The School of Rock." They may have actually been having the kids listen to Bach, or something the teacher liked but the student didn't.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

the pictures are a little disturbing....but what happens when any healthier expression of anger is not allowed, and this kid grows up having bottled up all this frustration because expressing it is 'wrong'....boom

what has this kid learned by being hauled off like that? ...why not just talk to the kid instead?
edit on 22-2-2011 by arrus75 because: add

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Originally posted by apacheman
How is that not child abuse?

I wondered the same.

Looking at Colorado Department of Human Services own guidelines, I couldn't help but ponder the irony of how they assess emotional abuse.. (*.pdf Link.)
edit on 22-2-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I have two sons of my own, they have drawn pictures of predators shooting aliens, ( from the movie ), they have pretended to be army men too. they draw Optimus Prime defeating Megatron. But they have never made a drawing were they label it " teachers must die".
Sorry my friends, but that is NOT normal behavior. I'm not buying the responses that this is normal? It clearly is not, and those who think it is, may need to get THEIR head examined~

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Absolutely Insane!

This epitomizes what is wrong in our society. Wrong decisions by everyone involved, and no one wants to take responsibility.

Who was the idiot that got the Police involved in the first place ? Report doesn’t disclose who reported the incident.

When did our society lose it brain? You don’t call the police, you call the school nurse, who then talks to the parents and the therapist. What a water-head retard decision to call the Police in for a sick child.

Bet you a dime to a doughnut they have this child on drugs too.

You can also see that the Father in this situation is one of those weak willed men we have so many of in our society today. This is an eleven year old boy who needs some back side tanning from a strong male figure. I don’t want to hear any of that female hen poop that you should not spank your son. This is a male child who will one day become a Man and a woman does not know how to create a Man out of a boy. I am not speaking of beating a child, open hand on fannie, no paddle, no nothing, and no other place but the butt cheeks. This is spanking and this little boy is way over due for one.

Fathers this is what happens when you neglect your duty to your family.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well this is ridiculous!
First, children tend to exaggerate a bit here and there, nothing to worry about and not evidence of any kind of psychological disorder.
Second, he has a right to draw that picture. It's called freedom of speech and expression and he should not be punished because of it. Just because he draws it doesn't mean its actually going to happen. As a painter myself I draw a lot of provocative things, should I be thrown in jail because I did an oil painting depicting a massacre? Does that make me a mass murder? Hell no....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Its not TV, its hormones and biology. TV plays a role but the whole package is happening in the pre-adoloscent years in every society with or without technology.

I can't believe the school systems are playing games with the NAZI's in the US, when they're trained in basic child development and psychology and are really well educated, Or THEY SHOULD BE.

www.pbs.org... Raising Cain! LOL.

www.adamsmediastore.com...

www.surfnetparents.com...

Just research , one of my favorite books was Conscious Parenting:

www.amazon.com...

His other books are great too. Basically you can heal relationships.

There is a lot of acceptance in these books, even how to talk to a teenager who has just stolen and crashed your car.
Even good people go through these kinds of things too. And you deal with your kids with love and try to teach them responsiblity and accountability but with a lot of respect and understanding. Not NAZI fascism.

But the two most turbulent times is toddler years and pre-adolscent/adolescent and they need to be demonized but guided into becoming more heros the miscreants. But accepted and taught its great to channel aggression: ie. PICTURES, PUNCHING BAGS, rather than hitting, fighting, name calling, shouting and punching holes in walls. But, you don't criminalize normal development.

www.consistent-parenting-advice.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He drew a picture of a gun firing at students and teachers and it was captioned with "teachers must die!" Zero tolerance....but a therapeutic picture is not the same as pulling out a gun.
edit on 22-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I have two sons of my own, they have drawn pictures of predators shooting aliens, ( from the movie ), they have pretended to be army men too. they draw Optimus Prime defeating Megatron. But they have never made a drawing were they label it " teachers must die".
Sorry my friends, but that is NOT normal behavior. I'm not buying the responses that this is normal? It clearly is not, and those who think it is, may need to get THEIR head examined~

Notwithstanding my previous post, I in part agree with your view.

It is not normal.

But arrest and prosecution of an 11 year old hardly seems an appropriate means of dealing with the issue. In fact, I think it likely makes it worse.

edit on 22-2-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
Haha, that's funny.

Now his drawings will be of cops.

Smart move Authorities. Now reap what you sow.

link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

children tend to exaggerate a bit here and there, nothing to worry about and not evidence of any kind of psychological disorder.

Are you out of your mind? Seriously? This goes beyond exaggeration? " teachers must die " is not a normal child's thought process! And btw, ADD is a psychological disorder, just curious what else may be compounding that issue~

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

But arrest and prosecution of an 11 year old hardly seems an appropriate means of dealing with the issue. In fact, I think it likely makes it worse.

Just so you know, page 1, my first post on this thread, I stated that I don't condone arresting any child. Just to clarify.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
heh, reminds me of my own school days.

I hated music back then and if I didn't write teacher must die and some point I sure as hell thought it (allong with fellow pupils.)

I even disturbed the teachers enough for them to call in my parents once (wrote a short story about necromancy.)

I never grew up violent.

This is frankly pathetic and sick.
edit on 22-2-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is absurd, schools these days making a habit of calling the police whenever they dont like something that kid drew, brought to school or told them. Yet they never call the police when a kids get bullied.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Could one of our Colorado members please make a call to the Colorado CPS and report a case of child abuse according to their guidelines?

If someone doesn't make an official callout on this, the laws protecting children will be violated with impunity by this kind of idiot.

Whoever arrested that kid in point of fact and law commited child abuse as defined by statute.

Those persons should be arrested and get their day in court to defend their actions.

But a law has been broken, and those who broke it must be held accountable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join