It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Arrested for Drawing Inappropriate Stick Figures by Police in Colorado, Taken Away in Handcuffs

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

yes, we get it, he got in trouble for the gun and not the remark about music, but I think it's just an interesting thing to say, "Music sucks" on the same page as the stick figure shooting a gun. Maybe there is some connection between the child's view of music and his irrational nature towards his peers. I mean he could have said anything, he could have said "I hate school" but instead he chose to say "music sucks" interesting.

The kid was probably in music class at school... which I agree can be very very boring (and I am a musician)! That would be the only thing that would give any kind of sense to that comment.

I can see how someone who doesn't think things through can see how those drawings can be disturbing. However, it's better the kid vents his anger with these drawings instead of actually, as someone on here so eloquently put it, pulling a Columbine.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
People who think that it is crazy and deranged to draw people you don't like being killed are dumb.

I use to do this all the time. I use to draw stick figures of all my friends when I was in music class. we would be jumping out of planes skydiving, and the people I didn't like I would have fall to their deaths on the rocks. Blood oozing from their head and all. This is completely NORMAL. This is simply a mental release, nothing less that poetry, just not as "refined" to some people.

If you want to arrest this kid, then you need to arrest almost every rapper for condoning drugs, prostitution, rape, and killing. Police-states are no good, and this is just one example of why.

(And yes... the kid was probably in music class. That was my first thought when I looked at the entire picture, and not just the gun.)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
The charge was "He's charged with a third degree misdemeanor, interfering with staff and students at an educational facility. "

If, as was indicated the boy ONLY drew a picture, tossed it in the waste bin and there was no other unusual behavior, that school could be in deep kimchee, especially if the boy's therapist testifies that the child was "DEEPLY TRAUMATIZED" by the event.

After this news story I am sure the Ambulance Chasers are out in force competing with each other for who get a big piece of the pie if the parents decide to sue.

I am sure the turkey that made this idiotic decision is having nightmares about a huge lawsuit against everyone and everything in sight.

But you don't know the picture is the full story, do you? Neither do I which is why being judge and jury without having all the facts is a wreckless thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

It's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact. When you, or your child, sit in from of the tv watching your fave programme and someone calls your name, sometimes several times, and you don't hear it - that's because you're in the alpha brain wave state. A state of hypnosis.

All children, under the age of 10, spend most of their waking time in that state.

That's why they're such fast learners at that age - they abosorb everything they see and hear like a sponge. It's part of the human condition. And that's why we have a duty of care to recognise that fact and protect them from seeing 1500 deaths (via tv and games) by the time they reach 12 years of age.

Are you telling me your child isn't human?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Few things come to mind.

Does the teacher Harass him or Hurt him?
Does the Teacher understand what he is going through?
Does he even know what Death is ?

In primary school I handed a typed out Death threat to my principal, He laughed patted me on the shoulder and said to me he Admired my bravery let me into the canteen to get foods and I never had a problem with him evermore.

Compassion needs to be utilized for the human race to survive.

Humanity is still in its infancy.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Though I dont condone arresting a child, but this kid has some serious issues! Regardless of ADD or not, if he is drawing " teacher must die " on a piece of paper, thats the making of a " Michael Myers ".

I spent a week in jail for throwing my gum on the road. no joke. He's just a kid relax some people will grow up to be murders, there's nothing you can do to help that. and I seriously doubt this kid is going to kill anyone....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

Allow me to clarify, many response's are suggesting that Im cruel, and haven't identified this this kid has issues ( ADD). As I have stated on a earlier page:

And btw, ADD is a psychological disorder, just curious what else may be compounding that issue~

Take note in the last part of that sentence; " just curious what else may be compounding that issue".
that would further suggest that I believe that there might be some deeper issue, that has yet to be identified.

Further, I firmly disagree that the police had any grounds to intervene. Its not a crime to draw a picture, this is granted to us by the First Amendment, which I stated earlier.

This child has a diagnosis of ADHD

I clearly identified that I acknowledged the pre-existing condition of the child. I'm not saying, nor have I said that he didnt have this condition.

Nobody said this child was normal in the sense that you are proposing. However, he is not abnormal in the sense that you are proposing either.

I haven't noted anything in regards to this child being normal or abnormal. I suggested that his behavior, which is entirely different as being questionable at best. Further, I suggested that maybe there were some deep routed issues, that may require his " sanity " tested. But I never specifically called this kid out, or labeled him a "retard".

believe you may be conflicted.

Not all, I have been stating the same thing repeatedly. If you must, please feel free to review my posts.

ecause of your comments I do not think you are not an educator and have never worked with students with diagnoses, IEP's, shadows and the therapeutic/ psychiatric community or CPS. If I am wrong, forgive me.

Actually, I taught children from ages 5-9 for many years. Not as a teacher in a classroom, but a side program for about 6 years. And currently, my g/friends youngest son whom is 5, and clinically diagnosed with ADHD, I think with actual hands on experience on a daily basis, would suggest I have knowledge in this category. ( No offense taken, I appreciate your insight )

but also cruelty

Not cruelty, by any means......as I have said over and over, i hope the parents can identify the child in questions issues, and he can live a long and happy life, but I don't believe this child should have been arrested. It wasn't the place of the LEO's to take " command ", nor was it the place of the educators to pose their " will " either.

As a side note, reflecting back in my younger years, I honestly don't recall drawing pictures of this type...I was too busy chasing girls~

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterl1fe

if any one wants a clearer picture of who might have talked.... check out the comments section at this link www.kdvr.com... "Justine at 1:02 PM February 23, 2011

I'm quite certain this kid is in my son's class. He is NO Beaver Cleaver. He is EXTREMELY disruptive on a daily basis. There are 32 other kids in that class, and they are suffering on a daily basis. My son comes home every single day with stories about him, and it is not a good situation for all of the other kids trying to learn in that class. The reason I was tipped off is because Julie Hayden relayed the story of him slapping another kid across the face in PE class.........this was just ONE of the many colorful stories my son came home with.

The authorities are damned if they do and damned if they don't. We cannot get angry that they weren't proactive enough before Columbine, but at the same time get angry that they are being proactive toward this kid. He didn't draw a hunting picture; he drew a picture of him shooting four teachers and wrote "teachers should die". Obviously signs of a problem child. An 11 year old is perfectly capable of taking a gun or knife to school and using it.......MY KID has to deal with him every day, and would be in that class if the kid brought a weapon. Would you want your kid in that same place?? Try to think outside the box here." seems like it might have been a concerned parent who told the police after her kid came home with anohter one of his "stories"(how many kids talk smack about other kids its what we did when we were little) so that might shed some light on who might have informed the police more on topic the last line of the same link says it all for me
"And if they had known that their son’s cooperation would be used as evidence against him, they would have hired a lawyer at the beginning and exercised his right to remain silent." so seems like the nice little police department did what it could to erode his and parents rights and rail roaded him....

madmadmad at 1:34 PM February 23, 2011

People, the point some of you are missing is the fact that this boy was arrested because of the possibility of a future crime. What does that mean for all of us? Instead of walzing into court and getting a restraining order couldn't your ex wife, under these rules just have you arrested because you MIGHT harm her in the future? Who gets to decide what you might do in the future? Your ex, a cop, some judge that doesn't know you or her?

In this country they are not supposed to be able to arrest you until you actually commit a crime. Arresting people because they might commit a crime in the future puts all of us at risk regardless of age. this threatens every single person in this country. We have laws, we have rights. this arrest flies in the face of our rights. Should we just quit calling them the police right now and call them the Gestapo?
that i think sums up how dangerous a precedent this is setting.....
edit on 23-2-2011 by KilrathiLG because: found something farly more intelegent then i could come up with on my own

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow.

That means if the police saw what I was drawing when I was younger, I would be totally in Jail right now. And so most of my friends. There is nothing wrong about that drawing coming from a child. I drew stick men wars in my agenda in Highschool. And it was a real blood bath. Also labelled some of my teachers I hated in it.

So what now? I'm 30, married, video game programmer, have a cat, Nothing is wrong with me. I even hate watching horror movies and gross scenes in movies (just watched Sanctum yesterday and that was too much for me).

I even drew nazi bunkers when I was in highschool with perspective to practice my 3D drawing. Am I a Nazi? no. I didn't even KNOW what that really meant in that time. Just that the logo looked cool.

Give the kid some slack, and some police men need some kicks in the butt. They should catch the real criminal instead.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh common really? Kids say things like "I would kill her (referring to a teacher)" all the time, perhaps not always in class, but they certainly do it. This kid was told to draw something when he got angry and so he did. Would you have rather had him stand up in class and say it? When I was a kid I made a card for my Dad (Valentines day) and it had to do with star wars/something like it (I was in like 1-2 grade) and I was cutting off the head of somebody with a lightsaber/sword (can't quite remember). Did that mean I was going to be a murderer? Hint: I'm not

What he did may not be right, but it is not uncommon. By arresting the kid they are probably going to end up traumatizing him which could lead to antisocial disorders. I'm afraid of cops and I'm 16, but if I got arrested at 11 I would be scared for a long time (this kid is going to question everything he does now and possibly grow a disregard for law/cops). Kids are kids and until he starts killing small animals/constantly drawing pictures depicting the death of teachers (like every class, in his free time, etc) than people shouldn't get this worked up about it. Hopefully the parents are good enough to show some discipline and teach him to never do it again (not just say not to do it).
edit on 23-2-2011 by StruggleTogether because: Added more opinion

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Attention deficit Disorder?????

Don`t make me laugh! This means he is a naughty boy who needs a clip around the ear. There was no such thing when I was a boy so where does it come from now' HIS PARENTS CAN`T PARENT!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The kid is seeing a therapist and is expressing his frustration in a constructive way. He was probably just bored. If thats enough grounds to arrest someone then I should of been arrested, when I drew a town being invaded by aliens during my history class.-was very bored...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The fact that this has become a debate makes me very sad.

I literally feel sick to the stomach.

Choose love

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
More proof you're all screwed now. This is why police states can come about. They test the waters to see what they can get away with. People think it's crazy and get kind of pissed but they don't do anything. Let the ridiculous circus of the police state begin!!! Ahaha!

edit on 23-2-2011 by paeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The kid is right. Teachers must die. I have hated teachers throughout my entire childhood and rightfully so. Our educational system is so disgusting corrupt and wrong, its completely out of proportion and against every way of nature. Its a brainwash factory and nothing else.
I drew the exact same drawings throughout me childhood and even worse. I destroyed all my teachers, drew them mad and was sent away from one school after another. Nothing wrong with that, Its just an expression of inner-feelings related to a filthy reality. Do you honestly think this works? Locking kids up in a goddamn room all day teaching them nonsense, making them pledge their allegiance every day... it is sick.
This world is going insane day by day.
The only educational system I know off and that I deeply admire is those of the Native Indians, Inuits, aboriginals and zulu's.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join