It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Arrested for Drawing Inappropriate Stick Figures by Police in Colorado, Taken Away in Handcuffs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Boy Arrested for Drawing Inappropriate Stick Figures by Police in Colorado, Taken Away in Handcuffs

b eforeitsnews.com

The boy's parents say they understand what he did was inappropriate, but are outraged by the way Arvada Police handled the case.
The parents said "Tim" is being treated for Attention Deficit Disorder and his therapist told him to draw pictures when he got upset, rather than disrupt the class. So that’s what he did.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-2-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The story goes on to say that the school was aware of his situation, determined he was not a threat, notified his parents, and sent him back to class. His parents were shocked when the police showed up at their home later that night to arrest the boy.

Here is a picture taken from the video on the link posted:

This is just ridiculous.

b eforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-2-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: picture error

edit on 22-2-2011 by SamTGonzalez because: picture error again

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Though I dont condone arresting a child, but this kid has some serious issues! Regardless of ADD or not, if he is drawing " teacher must die " on a piece of paper, thats the making of a " Michael Myers ".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What? Music sucks? This kid really needs some professional help.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I almost posted this one, but I thought it is a tough one to call on.

Hauling the kid out in cuffs is a little on the extreme side in my humble opinion, but I can see where a pic of a gun going off and words "teacher's must die" might be cause for serious concern. If no action at all is taken, then the kid turns around and pulls a Columbine, then everybody would be going nuts on the authorities as well. This was a situation that had no easy answers imho.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Another primitive back to the dinosaur days of low mentality, retorgrade and regressive human rights idea, and a school system and police state THAT COULD NEVER BE DONE IN CANADA!

First of all, kids draw pictures when mad. My 11 year old draws freddy and jason and his brother, grandma and me, his mother, getting killed whenever he is furious, and then he calms down. He has a huge heart and and a lot of issues relating to feeling like he doesnt count due to his father, whereas his brother got spoilt more by the dad. He is a great boy with a temper and we work to bring out the goodness, who has learning disability and apraxia, and finally has caught up with the class and went from adapted to regular class room, and the teachers are like a Team, with great love and understasnding of kids.

He doesn't have attention deficit disorder either.

This is NORMAL. Its also highly recommended for any chidlren of divorces, discord, poverty, ADULTS even. Anger control and learning to work through emotional baggage. This world wounds people. Bad things happen to good people all time. Some of our greatest hardships are our greatest lessons and teachers.

This is criminal to be happening in the year 2011.

Also these are pre-teen years. Soon his testosterone is going to fire off many times in a day. Teenage boys get mood swings, anger, violence, sexual things, lots and lots to work through to get them through the hoops, and they need understanding, guides and good folk helping. It takes a village to raise a child.

By the way, pretending human development is otherwise, and medicating normal things instead of guiding is ABUSE.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's Jared Loughner's younger brother. No just kidding, but seriously this kid has some serious issues. I wonder if the phrase "Music sucks" means music in general or just the recent music a la Bieber, Lady Gaga, cuz I'd have to agree with him on that one. As for putting him in handcuffs, yeah, just when you thought this kid was off-balance, here comes the state to one up the craziness once again. Give the police a star for actually being more bizarre than the kids drawing.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why couldn't the school have simply expelled the child from school?

Probably because then the parents would have sewed the school. By having the kid arrested, the school has gone on the legal offensive and made it a criminal matter so they can't get sewed.

In short, you can thank the Lawyers for this series of events.

edit on 22-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I drew pics like that in when I was a kid in school and I have said much worse about teachers. Guess what? I didn't grow up to kill anyone. That picture means nothing and this kid's arrest is a joke.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The "music sucks" statement is NOT the reason he got in trouble folks.

Look what it says above the stick figures: "Teachers must die."

That, and an image of a gun shooting people is what he got in trouble for.

Neither justifying nor condemning the level of his punishment, but just want to make sure folks understand the ACTUAL reason he got in trouble.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

The therapist should have told the kid that if he ever drew pictures of violence, to label the victims as terrorists. That way - the kid would be a hero!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This whole situation seems like an overreaction. Never in my life have I heard of a child being arrested (or taken away in cuffs) over a picture. Freedom of expression, everyone, even if it says "I will F*in Kill Everyone" on his drawings, who cares. I write songs/lyrics about burning down parliament buildings and rising up to destroy the rich class but that doesn't mean I am dangerous (Does it?)

I just wanted to add that it makes me sad that he even got in trouble in the first place. Have people become so afraid of everything that they fear the message behind a boys doodle?
edit on 22/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Nah he's just a normal kid in a dysfunctional world, and a preteen at that. Those are the years all those wonderful angel boys start to get angry and disruptive and need ways to learn how to channel their hormones, and stronger energies, ie to curb potentials towards violence. But they need a lot of acceptance too.

About 40% of boys have some degree of learning disability from what I read. So this is your Normal kid. .

Only people with 0, or 1-2 kids thinks otherwise. I have 5 boys. And they are a beacon for many other kids, so we have 6-8 sometimes on the weekend, and have done this for years.

No need to tell him or his parents he's extreme when he's not. They're already doing a great job in gettting him some counseling and doing anger control, art therapy. He just needs to continue feeling the Love and Support not nazi crapola.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Hey, this kid has better taste than most people supporting the music industry today!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Arrest him! Lock him away and throw away the key! What a vile monster.

Anyways I think we all drew something like that when we were kids I sure as # know that I did and look how I turned out

link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

yes, we get it, he got in trouble for the gun and not the remark about music, but I think it's just an interesting thing to say, "Music sucks" on the same page as the stick figure shooting a gun. Maybe there is some connection between the child's view of music and his irrational nature towards his peers. I mean he could have said anything, he could have said "I hate school" but instead he chose to say "music sucks" interesting.

link   
There goes our freedom in art, not all they will arrest you for drawing an simple Inappropriate Stick Figures, but also yaoi and shotacon loli or whatever you want to call it.

I would imagine the Inappropriate Stick Figures were having sex or had guns either way america is long a dead nation.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
Arrest him! Lock him away and throw away the key! What a vile monster.

Anyways I think we all drew something like that when we were kids I sure as # know that I did and look how I turned out

young al qaeda? Make sure he doesn't have any connections to Anwar Al-Alaki. Make sure he isn't planning any trips to yemen. Make sure...ah you get it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What's wrong with the phrase "Teachers must die" ?? It's completely factual. Everything that lives must die.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How is that not child abuse?

I'm sure some idiot thought it a good idea to "teach hin a lesson", without considering the other possible outcomes.

What might they be?

1. Create an enemy for life.

2. Create a damaged insecure personality likely to act out against others.

3. Create a damaged personality incapable of sustaining a productive life.

4. All the above.

What we need is an outside agency authorized to arrest and prosecute police for exceeding their bounds or excessive public stupidity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join