It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the god of the bible is an evil god

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The concept of a higher power helps the small understand a larger world beyong explanation. Yes we as humans are all small, I'm small, you are small, Elvis was mostly small, lol.

Religion is a concept of community combined with a way to understand God. Religion is a narrow way to understand God in it's relation to you and your community, it also helps enforce community values.

I believe in a higher power, I personally do not believe man-made religion, or "Divinly" inspired works of text written on behalf of God will ever fullfill me. In Man written works on God's behalf, specifically in the Judeo-Christian Models, God Has Multiple Personality Disorder. In the Old Testament he was an Angry Vengefull God, who would smite any who harmed his people. In the New testament he does a complete 180, as if to turn the other cheek, lol. He becomes a peacefull, pacifist God who embraces and encourages suffering in his people, so that in the next realm they will become one with him.

What If I was Born in 30 BC in Jerusalem, and Lived until 54 AD. Which God do I worship, they Angry Smitefull God, or the one that Jesus introduces us to, the peacefull painbearing God? Are they even the same creature?

Why would God change his tune from the Old Testament to the New? Isn't he/she/it the embodiement of perfection? Wouldn't it at least have the sense to stay Consistent. It really seems that The God of The Old Testament is not the God of the New, hence my Argument, God for the Bible's writings has Multiple Personality Disorder, or is 2 different Gods.

Worship in the way which feels right to you, if it is through religion then let that be your medium, if it is just beleiving in a higher power beyond comprehension, then let that be your medium.

The Fact of the matter is it should not matter what you believe, crutches of religion or not. God is out there, we as humans cannot fathom it, but what does matter, is believing.

These are nothing more than opinions and speculations in the spirit of this thread, it was not my intention to insult anyone's particular beliefs. Please understand I question for the sake of enlightenment, just as the rest of here do. I thank you for putting up with my musings...

Religion is a good crutch, much better than crack coc aine, lol.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Quoting Myself: "YHVH might even be a Genetic Code (like DNA or XY Chromosomes) = Father, Mother, Brother, Sister."

Actually I just Realized an Even Better Paradigm (I am not the first I am sure). Since "GOD" is the "CREATOR" & our Bodies are Composed or Organic/Elemental Material - then YHVH can be a Code for the
Four Elements = Earth, Water, Fire & Wind!!!

Of-course there is No SPIRIT in Material Alone & as we all know Humans have SPIRITS (Will to Life) - that is were the SHIN comes in - YHshVH!!!

-Sincerely S.S.
(Natural Born Quabalist/Alchemist - Turning Lead to Gold is my Craft)

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShawNee922
Random thoughts ..

The 'FATHER' spoken of by Christ is indeed the UNIVERSE ...

"In my fathers house there are many mansions" ...

They did crucify Christ because he endorse the idea that the sub-atomic particles and atoms that make the body were stolen from the UNIVERSE(father) to do so... Upon death those particles return to the Universe and are used to create new galaxies and solar system ...

" I go to prepare a place for you" . He even call certain apostles future "PLANETS" ...
" upon this stone"

The book of John speaks on nothing BUT this theory .....

~peace

Not only is Lucifer not Satan as you said, but the statement "in my father's house there are many mansions " doesn't refer to the universe. Maybe Amadeus could elaborate on this, but I believe it is a reference to the Jewish custom of a jewish man building on a room(mansion) to his fathers house in preparation for his marriage. The bride would come to live with the husbands family after the new addition was complete, but the man was the one who had to prepare it.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hi JadeStone Doll:

Just a little "scholarly" background on the Merkhava/Hekhalot tradition you touched upon in your post (in case you get bored today) !

The words placed into the mouth of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean in John's gospel have been clearly shaken (re-digested) out of their original contexts long before they were translated then set forth in the ("stylishly over-simplified") Koine Greek of his book. Notice all the short pithy 3 and 4 word phrases in his Greek....

Sometimes when someone takes the time to re-translate certain snatchets of John the Elder's pithy Greek back into Aramaic (i.e. word for word) we find traces of more "condensed" Dead Sea Scroll language connotations, and other 1st Century Hebraisms, like:

"In my father's House, there are many Hekhalot ("palaces")
Behold, I am going ahead of your to prepare your resting Places"

which is (Apocalyptic) proto-Kabbalistic language referring to the 1st Century 2nd Temple notion of a FLAT EARTH surrounded by "7 domes of heavens" called Hekhalot or Palaces--where the Righteous Dead were supposed to have their own Apartments (sort of built on the image of a Persian Palace)

For some reason the KJV translated the term as "Mansions"---but it refers to Domed Orbits of the 7 wandering "Visible Planets" from the vantage point of a "stationary" and flat earth: (e.g. the SUN, MOON, MERCURY, VENUS, MARS, JUPITER and SATURN): this is why the Menorah in the Temple had 7 lights (and Zechariah and the Book of Revelation call these " the 7 EYES OF YHWH which roam around the whole earth")

We see this kind of "7-domes" language in the book of I Henoch (especially the Astronomical Sections chapters 72-84) and in other books found among the Dead Sea Scroll Fragments at Qumran and Masada (e.g. the "Scroll of the Book of the Songs of the Sabbath Sacrifices" (c. BC 50) , which borrows Kabbalistic language from the book of Hezekiel and other books like I Henoch, that were derivative of that type of mind-set).

Here's a sort of "random sample" of a passage having to do with the 7th (i.e. the last) Hekhalah (Palace) vision of Henoch as "Metatron" in the Scroll of the Book of the Visions of (3rd) Henoch:

"As soon as YHWH took me to "the 7th Hekhalah" (Palace) wherein was The Throne of his Glory, even the Wheels of the Chariot, and the Shekhinah---all at once my flesh was transfigured into Flame, my bones into a glowingly hot Fire, my tendons as glowing juniper Coals, my eyelids the light of a Bolt of Lightning, my Pupils as bright brning Torches, my hair to Glowing Embers, all of my limbs to Sparks, and my bodily frame to White Heat: On my right side were hewers of pure Flame, and on my left side were bright torches of white light. There blew around me wind, storm, and tempest, and the rumble of earthquake upon earthquake was in front of me and behind me. " (3rd Henoch, 15:1b-2, 19)

Presumably the idea was that the Righteous Dead would "rest" i.e. live after death in fulfilment of the words of Daniel chapter 12 and other later writings based on this verse :"All the Righteous Ones shall Glow in the Last Days like the Stars of Heaven.." and other related images of "resting" like the stars rest in their place without movement, but glowing in their respective Helkhalot (Palaces) :

The idea of flame-glowing etc. is part and parcel of the Shekhinah of YHWH throughout Hebrew writings....especially on Judgment Day when YHWH is supposed to "make his appearance" on earth e.g. (read Psalm 29, or the Image in Exodus of the Cloud of Smoke by Day, and a Flame of Fire by night.." or "Who shall abide the Day of his Coming...? Or who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a Refiner's Fire" etc.)

You will see that in the Judaeism(s) of the 2nd Temple period (BC 430 to AD 70), "preparing a place of Rest in the Palaces of YHWH" was one of the goals of those Jews who believed in an afterlife (i.e. non Sadduccees, since the Zadokim who ran the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem avoided the newfangled Persian influenc and refused to believe in a Resurrection of the Dead, or in angels/daemons) which included the Qumran Saduccees (Zadokite splinter groups) and the Pharasim, both heavilly influenced by Persian Zoroastrianism...and tied into the so-called Merkhava Tradition (i.e. Hezekiel's Wheels) which may have been of Babylo-Persian origin..

"Not only have the seers perceived the celestial hosts, heaven with its angels, but the whole of this apocalyptic and pseudepigraphic literature is shot through with a chain of new revelations concerning the hidden glory of the great Majesty, its throne, its palace...the celestial spheres towering up one over the other, paradise, hell, and the containers of the souls."

- Baldensperger, Die messianisch-apokalyptischen Hoffnungen des Judentums, p. 68

"The Hekhaloth were different 'chambers' or 'halls' through which mystics advanced during meditation."
- Alan G. Hefner, "Hekhaloth"

A reference to imagery of the Hekhalot can be found in the apocryphal Fourth Book of Ezra, c. AD 80

"O YHWH who inhabitest eternity, whose eyes are exalted and whose upper Palaces [hekhaloth] are in the air, whose Throne [merkavah] is beyond measure and whose Glory is beyond comprehension, before whom the hosts of Angels stand trembling and at whose command they are changed to wind and fire..." 4 Ezra 8:21-22a

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join