It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Mystery Solved? (Utah UFO Case)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

“It was just for fun, it wasn’t meant to be a hoax, and it just turned into one,” says artist Andrew Smith.

Smith claims that the widely speculated Utah County strange lights or rather outer space sightings have been from him. “So you're claiming responsibility for being the alien from outer space,” ABC4 News asked Smith to which he replied, "yes, unfortunately yes.”
SOURCE: ABC4.com

The question mark is warranted here. The reporter in the segment (video embedded with the article on the website) does manage some skepticism despite the snickering tone...

The Lehi man won’t say exactly how he gets those strange lights up in the sky but he admits he uses helium and flares along with some other sorts of apparatuses

While one would not ask a magician to give away his trick, Smith's reluctance to explain how he created the "UFO" seems rather suspicious.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anyone can claim responsibility for anything... How about this guy posts a "Making Of Utah UFO's" video on youtube and then I will believe him. Sorry for being the skeptic, even when faced with someone claiming that it was indeed a hoax (rather intentional or not), I can't jump onto to believe him. After all, disinformation in the MSM is incredibly common...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
He is claiming he is a big ol liar without even providing proof that he is lying.

Wow so no matter which way we cut this one, this guys a liar in both cases.

Why should I trust him? Oh yeah, I shouldn't.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

When will the Gov stop trying to hide everything or cover it up, its time to disclose all they debunk and share the wonders of our world with us instead of deaming it a safety risk.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Was this before or after the "nerve gas" problem at Dugway that night? You did he get it to look like one of the lights was "dropping" the other ones? Clever timing and weights? Why did he make them bright enough to see over such a range in the crappy Utah air?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It is suspicious that he doesn't explain and even show what the objects were but...

I believe him because when I was viewing the footage and trying to think if it was hoax how would it have worked and the best guess I had was a chinese lantern with a few long strands of white LED Christmas lights hanging down and a cheap micro-controller to light the LEDs in sequence going toward the ground so it would look like a flickering light falling.

If the objects had any sort of formation it would be harder but from the videos I saw the objects didn't seem to be connected or in formation.
edit on 22-2-2011 by goatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join