It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a possible USPS Alert...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1088no5
I have had several bad experiences over the years with the USPS... and am currently involved in another minor complaint. After filing this minor complaint on Feb 13th online... it appears that yet another incident is currently going down as we speak. I suspect in RETALIATION... but then again... it could just be some anonymous individual laying the groundwork for something BIGGER and more complicated that will soon involve MANY at USPS.

I am spooked... and I'm getting the feeling AGAIN that someone higher up is trying to provoke something MAJOR here.

I too have had a terrible experience recently with USPS. I ordered something from on line....and it took a excessive long time to arrive and when it did, the package had been opened and "1" of the items was taken out of the package, Basically "stolen"!!! Fortunately....I am a good customer and the merchant believed me. Because honestly....how could I REALLY prove this. The item stolen cost $120. The merchant was kind enought to overnight me the missing item at no charge to me. So, i have to agree with you, however after hearing your experience after filing a complaint makes me think twice ahout fileing as well. I had intended to file a complaint....I probably still will because I think this warrants a complaint. But interesting read.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

It's a common problem these past 6 months I've had at least 3 letters fail to be delivered, 2 bills that never made their destination and and at least 3 packages either torn or the the box compltetely destroyed with minor items missing. Postal workers are ordinary people there are going to be those ones who don't care and steal other peoples stuff. Alas I doubt it's any sort of bigger "plan" it's just everyday life.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I do exactly that.

I accidentally opened someone else's mail once. I always look and make sure that the address and name on the outside is mine when I retrieve my mail. One day I slapped one of my bills face down and opened it with a letter opener and was shocked to see my neighbor's name on the bill when I pulled it out. After closer examination I noticed that two envelopes had been carefully stuck together... mine on top and my neighbor's carefully stuck behind. They were stuck together so perfectly... it actually looked as if it had been done intentionally. You could barely distinguish two seperate edges... and I had to literally pry them apart. I stuck a post-it note on the envelope explaining what had happened and put the neighbor's bill back into the outbox. I figured I'd let the mail carrier figure out how he wanted to handle it. For all I know... I was probably investigated because of the mishap.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
reply to post by 1088no5

It's a common problem these past 6 months I've had at least 3 letters fail to be delivered, 2 bills that never made their destination and and at least 3 packages either torn or the the box compltetely destroyed with minor items missing. Postal workers are ordinary people there are going to be those ones who don't care and steal other peoples stuff. Alas I doubt it's any sort of bigger "plan" it's just everyday life.

When you accept bad service and bad behavior as normal and don't take an active role in an attempt to prevent it... you become part of the problem. Learn to distinguish the occassional mishap from the discreet pattern of continuous criminal behavior. Pay attention.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1088no5
reply to post by schuyler

Thank you for taking the time to respond, schuyler. I truly appreciate your input. In fact THANK YOU to everyone who shared their personal experiences and also offered input.
Time for me to close up shop for the evening. Catch you guys tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

I just checked with my bank... and the check has finally shown up. I just LOVE happy endings.

edit on 23/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
I don't know where the many posters live who state they pay their bills online for free. I've seen my wife pays fees for the 'convenience' of online payment; I tell her not to do it. Some creditors in specific (credit card companies) hit us with a $15.00 fee. I don't get it. Online payment should have almost no overhead attached. FYI: we have good credit, paid off the house & many cars over the years, so it's not because we are credit risks.

I have never paid a fee to do an online transaction. My bank once charged, but I told them I wouldn't go online unless they made it free. A couple of years after that they did. They accept online for every creditor I have--all of them, though not asll are equipped to do automatic withdrawl. The water company, for example, is a small operation with something like 300 customers total, but I can still pay them online. I don't pay a fee for checking. I don't even pay for checks. I didn't know this was unusual.

However, most creditors are begging me to accept email or online statements. "Here you go! Check this out! This is so cool! Sign up today!" is their spiel.Now here is what is going to happen. (Hey! An ATS prediction!) They are going to keep pushing email statements and one day they're going to say, "E-mail is free, but it costs us to send a paper statement via USPS, so from now on if you want paper there is an added $3.00 service fee."

My son is a Loan Officer for a credit union. He said it costs them $3.50 to print and mail a statement of account. Further, it costs the organization $300,000 per MONTH to do this. And this is a statewide credit union. Think of the national players here. The incentive to move everything online is immense. You WILL move online, or you will pay extra, and then a litttle more extra, and then paper statements won't be available at all. It's inevitable. Plan on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I don't know where the many posters live who state they pay their bills online for free. I've seen my wife pays fees for the 'convenience' of online payment; I tell her not to do it. Some creditors in specific (credit card companies) hit us with a $15.00 fee. I don't get it. Online payment should have almost no overhead attached. FYI: we have good credit, paid off the house & many cars over the years, so it's not because we are credit risks.

A couple months back another payment of mine went missing. It finally turned up 13 days after being mailed. In the mean time I was searching for alternatives. For me to have made that payment online... I would have also had to pay a $15 fee. So I know that you speak the truth. It would have also cost me $20 to stop payment on the check. In situations like mine... I consider that economic RAPE... and a new form of TERRORISM.

I should also mention that my cousin mailed me a package AFTER Christmas and didn't let me know that it was coming. That package took EIGHT days to get here. It was a nice surprise... but left me wondering if the PO was messing with me again... and why I started this thread when it looked like another payment went missing.

edit on 24/2/11 by 1088no5 because: punctuation/correction

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Letters are stuck together by machinery all the time .....No humans involved. Not USPS's machinery ....the mailers
2 social security checks can certainly end up in one envelope.
Many of you are just not aware of just how automized all of this is.
If you have complaints ....I urge you to talk to your local postmaster. He/She is the one who can usually assure you the most success with your complaint.
and on another note please take your complaints to management.....threatening a carrier is a felony

OOps ....forgot to add
Carriers are watched secretively (followed) by unknowns and set up by inspectors constantly for theft
Money in mail trays...packages with things hanging out....gift cards intrays that are then video taped at the stores when redeemed....etc etc

All gets turned in or you are immeadiately fired
I can only speak for myself and those I work with.....But no one would lose the jobs they currently have for a $20 dollar bill or any other item found. Just not worth it
Most items are damaged by machinery if not all
edit on 25-2-2011 by peachie600 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join