It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptic Messages in Nursery Rhymes and Lyrics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I hope this is in the right place, but like so many other things, our topics sometimes don't fall into a set category. I will understand if this needs to be moved.

As for this post, I'm merely going to point out some oddities that I've been noticing lately...they're not stopping, but picking up in frequency. The strange thing is, it's spanning all genres and different decades of music. I'm certainly not the first to point out lyrics, but I think I'm one of the first to point out a theme...an odd one at that. Maybe the mysteries of the universe? You decide.

This following tune didn't start it all, but wow...it was in my face. Yes, older white people who like reggae with a positive message do exist!
(I don't care much for the gangsta reggae though...that's what I call it, at least!) Anyway, I had my "genius" feature turned on in iTunes when I was downloading some other tunes, and I saw this one as being recommended. I listened, was immediately intrigued, bought it, and have been puzzled with it ever since. But not just this one...every tune I listen to these days, I catch myself closing my mouth to mindlessly repeating the words I've always known, and really listening to what they're saying. I'm so shocked that I never caught on to a lot of them earlier. Some of them I won't listen to anymore, while others have left me with a deeper connection with the artist who sang it. Even more mysterious, I've found patterns.....repeated patterns of things that the average listener would never think twice about. Things having to do with the nature of our life...maybe even the mysteries of life itself. Coincidence? I don't think so.

And so I'll take you on my journey....well, at least a very small portion of it, since it would be impossible for me to list every instance I've come across. What I CAN remember, I'll post here. Add to it if you like. But more importantly, pay attention. Maybe you'll see the pattern too. Maybe not. If you don't, then at least enjoy the music.

This one is regarding parables and nursery rhymes...Tarrus Riley is blatantly telling us to look at them and read between the lines. Of course, that's what parables and nursery rhymes are, but how many of us have ever actually done it? I'll add further that I noticed a while back that church hymns have a LOT of esoteric knowledge in them...have you ever just picked one up and started reading it? Try it sometime, especially if you are familiar with alchemical symbolism.

Read between the lines Open up your third eye Read between the lines Open up your eyes(spoken)

Mister Babylon yeaaa Has got the people’s eyes blind folded Lost in a nursery rhymes culture, and fiction ahhh Still there’s a real world (check it) And it’s full of so many things that are not right It’s no fairy tale, it’s a harsh reality

It looks like the 3 blind mice Dem are the big guys who put the price on the rice When the dish ran away with the spoon Many were left hungry desperate for food

You got to check those parables You got to sauce it Coz Babylon too tricky and they moving real slippery Check those parables, you’ve got to sauce it Read between the lines and wise

Now Jack and Jill went up the hill Robbed people against them will Them think them wise and think them skill No get no water Humptey Dumbptey had to fall…..to climb the wall And highly name them had to call, to get the plaster

You got to check those parables You got to sauce it Coz Babylon too tricky and they moving real slippery Check those parables, you’ve got to sauce it Read between the lines and wise

Now little Bo peep, must have sleep Or if you lose sleep in times like these When basic necessity are headache and stress to eat Massive buildings burning down, sept 11, 911 Check the clothes and everyone and then you’ll see how it was done

Those parables

You got to sauce it Coz Babylon too tricky and they moving real slippery Check those parables, you’ve got to sauce it Read between the lines and wise

Mister Babylon Now they’ re the master of great manipulation And they’ll distract your head, to change your meditation, I-n-I Still there’s a real world, and full of many many things that are not right It’s no fairytale, it’s a harsh reality

It looks like the 3 blind mice Dem are the big guys who put the price on the rice When the dish ran away with the spoon Many were left hungry desperate for food

Now the itty bitsy spider, washed away with water Natural disaster, America and Jamaica Ivan and Katrina, tsunami can’t recover Help us most high Jah, coz you’ve got the power

Check those parables You got to sauce it Coz Babylon too tricky and they moving real slippery Check those parables, you’ve got to sauce it Read between the lines and wise

Mister Babylon yeaaa Has got the people’s eyes blind folded Lost in a nursery rhymes culture, and fiction ahhh

So check your parables You got to sauce it Coz Babylon too tricky and they moving real slippery Check those parables, you’ve got to sauce it Read between the lines and wise

You better check those parables…..

The next one is "Time After Time". Always liked the song, but also always thought it was saying a lot more, considering the gist is about being "lost", "looking", "finding", "falling", "clocks ticking and hands unwinding", "time after time", etc. I see this one as a nod to the cycle of life and trying to find our other half every time. I may be reading into it, but I wanted to put it here anyway. It definitely goes with the theme!

The next one is "Healing Waters" by Mr. Mister...gotta admit, I was kinda shocked to listen to this one after many years. Never noticed before, and I was a pretty big fan in the 80's. I never pegged them as being "spiritual", but then I started going back and really LISTENING to all the songs on their older albums. I was shocked! Clearly they had a HUGE message, because they repeated it as many ways as they could.

Yellow moon, face of a prophet, shooting star, light of the heavens

Shine down, shine down on our tiny enterprise
Where do we go when all our time's been wasted
Just keeping score on who is right or wrong - there's no reason

Chorus:
Follow the road, the road that leads us where the healing waters flow
Where do we go when the world forsakes us, where the healing waters flow

Silent god moving in my heart, telling me not much I understand
But I - but I need to know, so I fight on
Here every beast must feed upon the other, oh
When will the lion lie down with the lamb - there's no reason

(chorus)

There is a river running deep into my soul
Rushing like a vision over me, it flows

Where do we go when all our time's been wasted
Just keeping score on who is right or wrong - there's no reason

(chorus repeats out...)

This is "Something Real" by Mr. Mister.....the imagery in this video alone is disturbing and enlightening at the same time, given all that's going on in the world today. I took note of the "flying" position with the arms out - that will come up again later. Also, notice the people falling from above the world to a world under it...and the humans going by on a conveyor rack like chickens in a slaughter house? (That's what it made me think of.) Odd....deep....but odd.

Everyone's looking for something real

Everyone's taking all they can steal
Brother to sister, look at each other, face to face
There's something missing here in this human race

Inside of me
(All we want is something real)
Is a part of you
(We can make this last forever)
And I know inside of you
(Make a world where we can feel)
Is a part of me
(We will always be together)

Person to person, place to place
We run from each other, lost in the race
Brother to sister, hold on to each other with all we got
Our time is coming, if you're ready or not
Ready or not

Inside of me
(All we want is something real)
Is a part of you
(We can make this last forever)
And I know inside of you
(Make a world where we can feel)
Is a part of me
(We will always be together)

The next tune was ORIGINALLY a Mr. Mister tune called "Broken Wings", but the version by Naturally 7 (a talented acapella group), added some words that I thought were pretty interesting. Bear with me, I'm building a scene, brick by brick...keep reading and watching!

NOTE: The "Book of Love" is mentioned here. This will come up again.

(It's your time, so evil's left us behind,

It's a new day, it's just a day you were blind,
It's not a mystery, or a secret to keep,
Cause we won't sleep, won't sleep.)

[VERSE 1]
In a little while we're gonna be free
In a little while it'll be just you and me,
And we'll be far from here,
Leaving all our cares,
(Cause we won't sleep.)

[VERSE 2]
Wait a minute now, why can't I go on?
Wait a minute now, I don't think I'm that strong
Cause I'm living by myself,
I'm with somebody else

[CHORUS]
And you say,
Take these broken wings, and learn to fly again,
Learn to live so free.
And when we hear, the voices sing
The book of love will open up and let us in.
Take these broken wings.

(It's your time,
It's a new day,
It's not a mystery,
Cause we won't sleep.)

[VERSE 3]
In a little while I'll be moving on,
In a little while I'll be heading for the sun,
In his warm embrace,
(Feel that embrace)
When I leave this place.
(Cause we won't sleep)

[VERSE 4]
Wait a minute now, I forgot how to fly,
(Who even taught me how)
Wait a minute now I can reach the sky,
Can you help me climb,
Don't wanna be left behind.

[CHORUS]

[Repeat Verse 4]

[CHORUS (X3)]

*Echoing throughout Chorus*
(Take these broken wings,
And Learn to fly again so free,
Hear the voices sing,
His book of love will let us in.)

Now, to backtrack for a moment....remember I mentioned the "flying" humans? This next tune is chocked FULL of imagery and mystery, with all sorts of flying like that. I don't know where to begin with this one, but jeez....watch and you'll see what I mean.

The following lyrics are what I've done to best decipher what's being said, since online searches have yielded incomplete lyrics.

Hey hey say Ladeo - ay
Time to take your words away
The melody will tell the story
As we go along

Flying away while a thousand stories
Start their journeys of fun and glories
Where your long lost dreams are ..?... away
Summoning a prayer ...?.. no one's there

Say Ladeo...
Say Ladeo....
Say Ladeo away

A song begets a thousand songs....

Hey hey say Ladeo - ay
Time we took the words away
Where getting to that some were concerned
That's hidden inside

Words only take you so far and leave you
Wondering just what it was you meant to
Say what you would say if your heart led the way
Take away the words letting all the sounds just play

Say Ladeo...
Say Ladeo...
Say Ladeo...
Say Ladeo away

A song begets a thousand songs...

Moving on....

Remember when I mentioned The Book of Love? Yeah, well it shows up often in different places. Apparently it's an actual book, but aside from a vague reference to an ancient Hindu book, I haven't been able to locate exactly what's been referenced here. Here's is Peter Gabriel's love song "The Book of Love", in which the lyrics are displayed.

And who can forget this one?? They come right out and ask who wrote it....

I have so many more I could post, but this is already really long and I haven't even gotten to the repeated mentions of "midnight" or the "midnight hour" in countless songs over several genres of music. The correlation between midnight and "joining" in love in all these songs seems like more than a coincidence to me. I hear it so much now it's almost disturbing. For now though, I must end this post and head off to bed. Hopefully I will get a chance to finish posting on this tomorrow.

Anyway, this is just small sampling of what I've been noticing lately. I don't think it's a conspiracy at all...what I THINK it may be is our collective sub-conscious speaking to us through our cultural art. Maybe? All I know is that I'm tired of the doom and gloom and the world ending crap. It's nice to hear a more positive spin repeated in music messages....well, at least I interpret them that way. Maybe you will too.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
had a quick flick through your thread.. and to be honest, im not really sure what your talking about..
but i think you deserve a s & f for sheer effort..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It all harks back to a religion that has been almost erased from modern culture, yet has strands in practically all major religions. Basically, aliens that genetically engineered us and remained as "Gods".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Wow really cool ideas here Gseven. If you thought those videos had possible cryptic messages, check this one out. This will blow your mind for sure.

Prince EA - Bars From Sumer

I forgot that there are some questionable lyrics here, so I had to put the link and take the video out.

edit on 22-2-2011 by jackflap because: Link instead of video.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
how about the nursery rhyme in my signature?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
how about the nursery rhyme in my signature?

Absolutely! I didn't get a chance to address the nursery rhymes either, but I will. There's so much, I couldn't possibly put it all together in one evening.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
had a quick flick through your thread.. and to be honest, im not really sure what your talking about..
but i think you deserve a s & f for sheer effort..

Well, thanks for not flaming. If you get a chance, go through and really read and watch every song. The lyrics and images are what I'm drawing attention to. Yeah, my thread isn't designed to "quick flick" through, unfortunately. But thanks for the S&F anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Gseven

Wow really cool ideas here Gseven. If you thought those videos had possible cryptic messages, check this one out. This will blow your mind for sure.

Prince EA - Bars From Sumer

I forgot that there are some questionable lyrics here, so I had to put the link and take the video out.

Wow, that IS cryptic. I've never cared for rap, but there's a lot in this one. Hmmm.

Thanks for sharing...that weird section has me intrigued.

top topics

join