It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! The Uterus Police!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The whole handmaiden's tale concept chills me to the bone. I hope nothing like that ever comes to pass! I'm glad you picked up on the reference

link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Women, most anyway IMO, would Never want to throw around these accusations unless they were true.

Obviously most would never falsely accuse someone of rape, but it does happen quite a bit.

link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
You are the one who said it is because of neglect!

I said many miscarraiges occur because of neglect... can't you read?

Yeah.. you have said many times that "many" occur because of neglect. Many house burglaries occur because someone left their doors open. Many car wrecks occur because someone was yawning or sneezing. Many accidental shootings occur because someone forgot to put the gun in a safe place. Many ER visits are cause because someone has a lapse of judgement or was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That doesn't justify government intervention into what is a private matter. This is just my opinion, but until that child is born, it is a part of the mother's body. The government needs to stay the hell out of our bodies. That is beyond the mandate of government.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
That doesn't justify government intervention into what is a private matter. This is just my opinion, but until that child is born, it is a part of the mother's body. The government needs to stay the hell out of our bodies. That is beyond the mandate of government.

So just so that I'm clear... you think a pregnant woman who gets drunk everyday and gives birth to a horribly braindamaged child should what... no consequence?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So just so that I'm clear... you think a pregnant woman who gets drunk everyday and gives birth to a horribly braindamaged child should what... no consequence?

She will have her own consequence. It is none of my business nor is it the business of government.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Women, most anyway IMO, would Never want to throw around these accusations unless they were true.

Obviously most would never falsely accuse someone of rape, but it does happen quite a bit.

There you go again. "It does happen quite a bit" Back that up would you, with some stats?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What a douche bag
Look I get that he wants to criminalize abortion, I also understand that in doing that some woman may take matters into their own hands and he wants to ensure they are punished, I don't agree with his position, but I think I understand it.

The tragedy of a spontaneous abortions/miscarriage is an emotional pain that this idiot will never understand. To be investigated like a criminal for an act of God that happens regularly is insane and in my opinion a form of torture that a grieving woman/mother should not be subjected to.

There are all sorts of things that can go wrong, for any number of natural reasons both in utero and after birth. It is a tragedy and he needs to leave my uterus alone.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There you go again. "It does happen quite a bit" Back that up would you, with some stats?

Just google "false rape allegations." Many studies have been done on this and I'm sure we all remember the Duke lacrosse case (she was trying to extort money).

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wonder where the "smaller government" TP rightys are now, to defend this?

Bobby Franklin (Republican, Marietta) and self-avowed tea-party member;

Representative Franklin has been called "the conscience of the Republican Caucus" because he believes that civil government should return to its biblically and constitutionally defined role.

This is the same Bobby Franklin that says rape is not a crime:

We’ve almost gotten to that point, but it’s worse. Georgia Republican state Rep. Bobby Franklin has decided that there is no such thing as a rape victim. He has introduced a bill “to be entitled” (it should be called the “anti-women bill”) which states:

"To amend Titles 16 and 17 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to criminal law and criminal procedure, respectively, so as to change the term “victim” to the term “accuser” in the context of a number of statutes making reference to circumstances where there has not yet been a criminal conviction; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes."

You can have burglary victims and assault victims but if he has his way, rape victims will become “accusers” because, you know, a man is innocent until he is proven guilty. At least where rape is concerned.

GA Republican: There’s No Such Thing as a Rape Victim

And the same Booby Franklin that equates Gays with criminals:
Georgia Lawmaker Equates Gays With Criminals, 'Unrepentant' Drug Dealers

This guy is a menace to society, clearly a homophobe and misogynist. He wants to turn the government into the thought police and extension of the Church. But then I hear that theme plays well with the "smaller government" tea-party crowd.

link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

The problem is I agree with that, some people have no respect for the gift they are carrying, but once you get the ball rolling who knows where it's going to go. There are more problems that can occur in pregnancy than FAS, but some have both environmental and natural causes. It could illicit a whole slew of legislation that leaves a woman with relatively no freedom, and an awful lot of legal responsibility.

link   

She will have her own consequence. It is none of my business nor is it the business of government.

That's absurd... the child will suffer it's whole life because of her actions and your reaction is "she will have her own consequences..." what, like a guilty conscience lol? That isn't how things work, we don't let one person hurt another terribly, shrug, and leave it up to karma (unless it's a pregnant woman I guess).

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The bible also states that it's evil for a man to "spill his seed", so where are the government-mandated Jackoff Police?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Ok I googled for you, by the way, lots of info out there on this. Here is one that sums it up nicely.

]http://polimicks.livejournal.com/5618.html

According to the FBI, only 8% of all rapes reported in the US are "unfounded" but not necessarily false. (www.fbi.gov...) 1997 was the last report in which they calculated that.
Figures in the UK bear this out as well. (www.homeoffice.gov.uk...)

Here's some statistics from www.rainn.org...
Only an estimated 40% of sexual assaults get reported.
Of that 40% only 50% of those will even be arrested.
Only an estimated 6% of rapists will spend a DAY in jail. Not prison, jail.

On this page of the RAINN site: www.rainn.org...
It shows a tree of the disposition of reported rapes.
If you want you can go see it. I did the math, it works out.

So, as a means of vengeance, false rape reporting has a really piss poor chance of coming to any fruition. I mean, there's only a 50/50 chance the victim of a false report will even be arrested. Seriously, there are way more effective and sure ways to get revenge.

Ok, now apart from the fact that it's highly unlikely to come to fruition, add into the equation that when a woman accuses a man of rape, her entire life is turned upside down and put under a microscope. Her entire sexual history will go on trial. She'll have to justify every sexual act she has ever performed with anyone ever. She'll be accused of being a promiscuous whore who wanted it. Her clothing will be scrutinized. Her comings and goings. Does she drink? Does she wear a thong? Was she wearing lacey underwear?

And if you thinks it's only adult women with suspect motives who are on the receiving end of these questions, just read the transcripts from a few child rape trials as well. Seriously, it will turn your stomach to hear defense lawyers and defendants telling a jury in all honesty that a ten year old girl wanted sex.

The US and UK legal systems are not friendly even to women who come to them with a mountain of evidence, how much less friendly do you think they are to someone with only a story? Even when the story is true, it's almost impossible to get a charge of rape taken seriously, even if you are a grandmother, nun or child, particularly without evidence.

Ok, so all that aside, of the 40% of all rapes, the ones that actually get reported, only 8% of that 40% are unfounded, not necessarily false, just lacking evidence. Some of those are victims who are bullied in recanting by their families and friends, or out of fear of the rapist or his family and friends.

Given how I've seen actual rape victims treated, pretty much with all the tact and sensitivity of raw liver, very, very few women would ever willingly put themselves through that to "get back at" anyone. Seriously.

Think about it.

edit on 22-2-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Eas t Cobb Rep. Franklin's take on gays, gold, goats and God

Franklin ran into trouble on the abortion topic in 2008, when State Sen. Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) introduced a bill dealing with dog fighting.

"They had in Chip's testimony the reason why he wanted to ban dog fighting because if these dogs get loose then they harm innocent life. That was his stated purpose to the committee," Franklin explained.

So when the bill reached the floor of the House, Franklin, arguing that "life is life," said he tried to amend it by adding on his anti abortion bill.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - East Cobb Rep Franklin s take on gays gold goats and God

And by the way, as one of the comments to this article says, he did run unopposed. I clearly remember typing in "Anyone but this person!" on the ballot. Hmmmm...idea.
edit on 2/22/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wonder if he is aware that most pregnancies end in the first month or two, before even the woman knows she was pregnant. Will he be desiring women to go every month for a pregnancy test? How will he conduct an autopsy prior to the development of the entire body system?

Perhaps, the women of GA should sent him a little package of menstrual blood every month, just so he can conduct his tests
I mean if he's going to involve himself, he really should go all the way, no?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

What? That is just sick. So you think that a woman should be able to damage her baby in the womb for life, and not get any punishment? It is one of the worst cases of child abuse. And the stars you got..

edit on 22/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Two questions for you.

1. Just how rampant do you think that type of behavior is?
2. Do you not believe we have adequate peer, family, and societal (other than legislative) steps already in place to deal with any cases there might be?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So is sodomy they need a bj police......plus I hear it causes oral cancer I think it should be outlawed.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

1. Just how rampant do you think that type of behavior is?

It depends. Rare among ordinary people, but can be common among asocials. It does happen, and should be punished when it does.

2. Do you not believe we have adequate peer, family, and societal (other than legislative) steps already in place to deal with any cases there might be?

I dont know, but as evidenced by the post I was replying to, and lack of laws against pregnant women intoxicating themselves, such cases may be often neglected and swept under the rug. That needs to change, IMHO.
edit on 22/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join