It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object falls out of sky in Mountlake Terrace, WA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MarcusMark

I tend to keep my thoughts to myself on here when I read something ridiculous but that is the most ridiculous thing I've seen somebody post on this site, scientifically...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
reply to post by MarcusMark

I tend to keep my thoughts to myself on here when I read something ridiculous but that is the most ridiculous thing I've seen somebody post on this site, scientifically...

you'd be amazed at the power of the wind was looking for alink re straws being embedded in trees by strong winds

and found birds slicing thru planes www.abovetopsecret.com...

here you go [though i was referring to a plastic drinking straw not hay inn this case
deadly straw

1/4 inch ain't bad for hay

A piece of reed was tested as the sturdiest organic object that might be mistaken for a piece of straw. At both ranges, the reed only managed to go about two inches into the tree. Additionally, Jamie tried a piece of piano wire, and at 50 cm, it flew not only through the tree but through a sheet of plywood on the wall behind it, partially embedding itself into the cement wall.

so why can't a metal panel fly from one state to another?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A plausible scenario is: If you're living at the bottom of a hill and somebody throws some junk down from the top...

Trash bounces in funny ways, and something like a flat metal panel can go spinning catch some pretty good air with what I'd call the "frisbee effect". If you were ever bored and did something like whipping playing cards across the room, you may get an idea of just how far something much larger like a flat metal panel can actually go.

Looking at the map, that area is not that terribly far from Seattle. Knowing what little I know of Seattle, it's likely they're not in a flat part of the country. Mountains and hills everywhere. Even if the house in question was in a flat area, it's still quite possible that it's junk from higher up on a nearby slope.

Maybe somebody who is actually from that area can fill in better on whether or not this could easily be the case.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
so why can't a metal panel fly from one state to another?

Aren't there some laws about trafficking heavy metal across state lines??

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Chadwickus

not doubting you or anything but did it destroy the house? [pics?]

even weighing in at 4lbs if it fell from orbit shouldn't it have made a big boom and crater?

sorry just read article, made a hole in roof. but my question remains re force of impact?

edit on 22-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: read article and added comment

could OP's object be some sort of tile from spacecraft? being flat it could have glided for a while, but again speed and force of impact should have been much much greater
edit on 22-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: for relevence

www.purdue.edu...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's a piece of a weather balloon ...

Nothing to see here folks , move along ...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Nobody looked at the follow up article, did they?

We know what it is, but how did mystery object take flight?
The thin plate that hit a home seems to be from a dishwasher, but how it took flight is still up in the air.

heraldnet.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

23 x 18 inches shiny white one side metal the other 4lbs… sounds exactly like the reversible panel that slides into the front of a dishwasher – one side is stainless steel look and the other is normal appliance white – my dishwasher has one that’s shiny black and shiny white… (we used the black side
)
edit on 24-2-2011 by NickK3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by NickK3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Perhaps you should have picked a better time to open up

How far can tornadoes carry debris?

For hundreds of years there have been reports of strange objects (fish, turtles, etc.) falling from the sky, presumably after being lofted by some distant tornado. Now researchers at the University of Oklahoma’s School of Meteorology are interested in receiving such reports as part of a study of severe storm dynamics. And while falling fish are of interest, reports of items that can be traced back to their source of origin (canceled checks, pieces of mail, etc.) are of most value. Recent research has collected a long list of items which have fallen from the skies, apparently after being lofted by a tornado. Some of the more interesting things that were gone with the wind: plate glass, land title papers, a music box, trousers, coats, a wedding gown, a tie rack, dead ducks, a cow...and an airplane wing. A jar of pickles was swept away and landed.....25 miles downwind. And it was unbroken.

On 25 April 1880, a tornado which went through Noxubee, MI carried an entire bolt of cloth some 8 miles - without it unraveling.

On 13 June 1953, Emily McNutt of South Weymouth, MA found a wedding gown in her backyard. It was dirty but otherwise in good condition. Some detective work traced the gown back to a woman in Worcester, MA, some 50 miles away. The gown was just one of the many pieces of debris flung over eastern Massachusetts by the passage of a powerful tornado.

On 15 April 1979, canceled checks began fluttering out of the sky in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Their source: a bank struck by a tornado earlier in the day in Wichita Falls, Texas. They were carried by the thunderstorm for over 200 miles.

A tornado destroyed a motel near Broken Bow, OK. The motel’s sign was later found in Arkansas.

Everything you wanted to know about tornados but were afraid to ask

So much for your ridiculous science eh? Took me about 3.47506 seconds to find that on google

edit on 24-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The factor here is not distance, but time. What 4 pound object do you know that has stayed airborne for months at a time through natural wind? I'd like to know, especially with the constant change of wind speed, force, and direction along with the interference of gravity at 9.8 m/s. It's naturally improbable.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Could be space debris...

All kinds of stuff falls out of the sky these days

like this one in Texas

With all this stuff up there expect more

I doubt Alien ships coming all across the galaxy are dropping parts

Sputnik? LOL, the people look like they wait for door opening...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join