It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery object falls out of sky in Mountlake Terrace, WA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Mystery object falls out of sky in Mountlake Terrace, WA

heraldnet.com

Figuring it must have come from an aircraft, she immediately called Paine Field and someone arrived within a half-hour to pick it up, she said.

"We have no idea what it is," airport director Dave Waggoner said.

Paine Field officials showed it to staff at Regal Air, which runs an aircraft maintenance operation at the airport.

Officials were told it didn't come from an airplane, Waggoner said.

"'This is not an aviation piece of equipment,'" he said in recounting the response from Regal Air.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
This is very close to where I live and comes on the heels of a sighting not too far away. What do you think ? Related somehow ?

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Residents see saucer shape in sky over Vancouver, Wash.

"It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen," said Vancouver resident Gary Moore.

Moore and another resident, Kathy Plamondon, contacted The Columbian newspaper to report the alleged unidentified flying object. They said it didn't resemble the planes they typically see flying out of Pearson Field.

Dispatchers with 911 on Monday confirmed at least one report of an object sighting in east Vancouver but referred the call on to the National UFO Reporting Center in Seattle.

heraldnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
This piece of medal looks like one of those polished steel mirrors you see in rest stop public bathrooms.

It looks like it's been used as a mirror too - see all the stuff that looks spit on it and then dripped down and dried?

That's what it looks like, but reading the story the people said they didn't see it fall - they heard it crash down - so whose to say some kids didn't through it up on their roof and run away?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SankeySugar

Image already posted.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SankeySugar because: 2 mins late.hehe

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Doesnt seem to have any rivet or mounting holes ,could be a magnetic panel for holding nuts and bolts ,maybe left on the wing of a plane.further testing should reveal its properties but any anomalies will be hidden from the public and a mundane explanation given.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
This piece of medal looks like one of those polished steel mirrors you see in rest stop public bathrooms.

It looks like it's been used as a mirror too - see all the stuff that looks spit on it and then dripped down and dried?

That's what it looks like, but reading the story the people said they didn't see it fall - they heard it crash down - so whose to say some kids didn't through it up on their roof and run away?

There's pics of each side..One is shiny black, the other shiny white..
That's unusual for any splashback I've ever seen..
Some kids? Their house is setback 1/4 mile from the road..

No idea what it is but judging by the staining I don't think it's ET..
I reckon they would clean more..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

It's obviously an extra terrestrial's medicine cabinet mirror.

The white drip down is tooth paste and saliva.

Hey, when you are an alien, you have A LOT of teeth to brush. Don't judge.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It also appears to have what look like either scuffmarks directly on the metal or streaking from being wiped down with something.

Oddly, the reverse side is white and appears very smooth and clean.

If you look at the image of the white side in the OP's link, you can see something at the top left corner that appears to be rippling on either the metal itself (possibly from impacting the roof) or rippling of a material that covers the metal (like a sheet of plastic or something).

You would think if it came from an aircraft it would be slightly bowed or otherwise bent to adhere to the frame (such as on the fuselage, nose or wing). But it is completely flat.

Also, there aren't any holes on the metal or evidence it was attached to anything else other than the small line along the bottom of the shiny side. Thus, it couldn't be part of an airplane because it was never attached to anything.

If one side was adhered to a surface of some kind and it eventualy fell off you would expect to see some evidence of an adhesive or residue of some kind to tell us which side was adhered and which wasn't. But there isn't any evidence that suggests it was adhered, riveted or bolted to anything to begin with.

If this thing really did just fall out of the sky, that's pretty bizarre. What most likely happened is someone tossed it up on their roof.

If they do get it analyzed somehow it would be smart to go with a private company. That way even if the thing disappears they would have some leverage for legal action. If the thing really is "otherworldly" or has strange properties of some kind a metallurgic analysis would be able to tell. They just have to be careful as to who conducts the testing.

Some UFO cases involve material evidence that can be tested to determine properties and composition but in some cases the answers are stranger than fiction.

This particular video clip (BELOW) is from the show "UFO Hunters" on History Channel. This is what ufologists refer to as "The Bob White Case". The material evidence in this case is a strange, conically shaped metal that the witness saw "fall off" of the UFO just before it blinked out. The metal's composition turned out to be a bizarre aluminum alloy that experts say can only form in zero gravity environments (like outer space). But the metal ended up having some bizarre electromagnetic properties too. This one came to mind while I was reading the OP's post.

Scientists still have no idea how thing could've been formed with this composition and in this particular crystalline shape. They call it an aluminum alloy of "unknown origin".

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Isn't that pretty much a standard sized steel mirror? I know it is not this one, but still take a look. It could have been a framed one with the frame removed. And Tempered masonite backing... Isn't that white?

Click here

Another example without the mounting screws. Click here
edit on 22-2-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The only thing i can think of is some one left/put it in the wheel well of a aircraft.

Maybe with the idea that it would fall out when the landing gear went down for landing.

Its not a aircraft part but might be just junk found at a airport that some used.
Maybe something one of the maintenance crew was using for a mirror to see something in the wheel well or to shine sunlight into the wheel well.
They may have laid it down in the wheel well and forgot it.

I have seen strange things like barbed wire put on the tail hook of a navy fighter jet as a joke.

The rest of the pilots kidded the pilot of the fighter jet for low flying.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well I think its a little misleading that the picture shows a goldish hue on the metal but the article clearly states
'
"The "it" was a thin panel of metal, nearly square with straight edges, about 23 by 18 inches. It was shiny black on one side, shiny white on the other."

Black or white, nowhere does it say mirrored surface and for you unfamilier with Paine Field, Thats where Boeing is located, well one plant anyway. I was leaning towards a UAV myself.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Could be space debris...

All kinds of stuff falls out of the sky these days

like this one in Texas

With all this stuff up there expect more

I doubt Alien ships coming all across the galaxy are dropping parts

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

lol, that didn't even leave a dent in the earth..
Doesn't look like it was space debris...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Apparently it hit a roof first.

And weighed only 4lb...

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by backinblack

Apparently it hit a roof first.

And weighed only 4lb...

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

A lump of metal which smashed through the roof of a house is believed to have come from space, the RAF has said.

I think they must have put it out on the grass..
I think the pic also makes it look bigger that it probably is at under 2kgs...
Thanks Chad....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Anything known about the metal alloy the object is made from? If its extraterrestrial, it should contain some unobtainium or unknown elements. At least thats what all good sci-fi has taught us.

edit on 22/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

not doubting you or anything but did it destroy the house? [pics?]

even weighing in at 4lbs if it fell from orbit shouldn't it have made a big boom and crater?

sorry just read article, made a hole in roof. but my question remains re force of impact?

edit on 22-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: read article and added comment

could OP's object be some sort of tile from spacecraft? being flat it could have glided for a while, but again speed and force of impact should have been much much greater
edit on 22-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: for relevence

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Update to the story.

The metal plate that seemed to fall from the sky and hit a Mountlake Terrace fourplex recently appears to be the thin front panel of a dishwasher.

How it got high enough in the air to hit the second-floor roof with the noise and force the residents say it did, however, is not readily apparent.

heraldnet.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just a thought, Living in tornado alley brings to mind cars being lifted and thrown around like toys, so a piece like this could have been airborne for days maybe even months.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Found this today...Now if they could just figure out how the darn thing got there...
www.katu.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join