It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Anonymous poised for another attack.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Are Anonymous poised for another attack.

horuscope.info

Rumours within the Cyber community seem to say that anonymous has another target in it’s sights. Sources say that the IRC is awash with talk of a bank in the spotlight.

Monday morning, is it to be a Black Monday Morning?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Anonymous seem to like to be in the limelight, it would be interesting to know exactly what the motives are behind this group.

It would be nice to know what the motives are behind Wikileaks.

Thanks for Reading.
I've been an avid reader for some time now, but, with so many things going on I thought I'd start to get involved.

horuscope.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

An interesting link here too:
Anonymous Letter
edit on 22-2-2011 by TheEyeofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
New fron Anom 02 22 11 0131 am

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEyeofTruth

Anonymous has no motive. There is no ideology. There is only consensus.

Anon isn't a club, or a group, or a movement. It's just anonymous people coming together and operating as a single unit. It's sporadic because there is no central leadership. There is no ruling cabal or some structured leadership organization at the top.

Anonymous is not nearly as mysterious as the media likes to portray it as. It is no more a mystery than society at large. End of the day that's who Anons are, just random people in society.

As for being poised for another attack, "they" don't ever stop the attacks. Someone somewhere is a victim of AnonOps. This happens because to be Anon you only have to desire privacy and engage in any kind of culturally subversive action. That means some people will be media whores and others take actions that you will never hear about.

Any questions?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

If they have no motive, then are they just plain Terrorists?

Surely they are not, there must be some overall game plan, some Cause?
Even if it's not a plan that each individual member has per se?

Whatever can be done to help the people of Libya, the People of Libya need to do it, I doubt outsiders are what they want.

On a similar theme;
Do you think they, The Libyan People, want the USA involving itself?

I doubt the USA could afford it anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEyeofTruth

Firstly:

ter·ror·ism
   /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

I have yet to see an act of violence from an Anon having been or being committed.

I know you think there must be, but it isn't true. Action is taken once there is a consensus. That's all there has to be.

Whatever can be done to help the people of Libya, the People of Libya need to do it, I doubt outsiders are what they want.

"They" being the Libyans?

On a similar theme;
Do you think they, The Libyan People, want the USA involving itself?

I doubt the USA could afford it anyway.

Collectively, I have no idea. All I know is that some do while others do not.
edit on 22-2-2011 by AdAbsurdum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

What an excellent, if a little fiesty, reply. I gave you a star I think.

[Fiesty]
They
Yes, like it said just ever so slightly before in the same sentence, They, meant the Libyan people.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Not really intending to be feisty...

If you have more questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I thought that Anonymous was far too busy writing poetry and love letters and the like to be running around poising attacks......

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

I thought that Anonymous was far too busy writing poetry and love letters and the like to be running around poising attacks......

A confusing reply. Maybe?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

While it's not a perfect analogy, I tend to view Anonymous as the voice of the human collective conciousness. It is an element of nature. You don't ask the weather what its purpose or cause is, do you? Anon campaigns will start with one or a few people screaming into the void that they want to do a particular op. If it is something people like, others hop on board.

Within a campaign, there may be a few who organize the op, but that's the limit of the leadership. Anon is amorphous. There is no seniority or leadership. It truely is a force of nature in the sense that it exists only because people agree that it exists.

This is a new thing for Western culture, I think. We have been trained over the many years to feel that every movement has a leadership. So much so that people think that populist uprisings such as those in Egypt must have been engineered and controlled. It seems instead that it is merely a natural result of humans gaining the ability to communicate in mass and collaborate at levels we haven't seen before in modern history.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
whyweprotest is down!

Someone seems to be after them.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

terrorist? as in someone spreading terror? (by such acts as boming civilians, threatening civilians etc.)

nah there freedom fighters, fighting for freedom people seem to have forgotten the consept of freedom fighters these days.

there just modern day robin hoods.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
they are cyber terrorists who can bring down cities by tampering with power plants, nuclear reactors, gov files, etc. FBI already know how they are and got them under control for a long time now, because of this they unbenownst to them do dirty cyber work for the FBI. What began as internet anarchy has been a pawn to the governments. But I got no evidence though, thats just a theory.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
they are cyber terrorists who can bring down cities by tampering with power plants, nuclear reactors, gov files, etc. FBI already know how they are and got them under control for a long time now, because of this they unbenownst to them do dirty cyber work for the FBI. What began as internet anarchy has been a pawn to the governments. But I got no evidence though, thats just a theory.

They've never touched a power plant or a nuclear reactor.

Why are you lying?

edit on 22-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

They've never touched a power plant or a nuclear reactor.

Why are you lying?

edit on 22-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

Did I say they did that? I said they could with the right motivations they could create major chaos, but thats not their quest for the moment.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Did I say they did that? I said they could with the right motivations they could create major chaos, but thats not their quest for the moment.

You imply it because of the illusion of what you represent. You represent the structure of Order - and yet you cite Chaos. What is Chaos my friend? Do you truly know? Or are you again under the suppression of the illusion you follow?

Look and SEE: Chaos is all that there is, order and disorder are only illusions imposed on chaos. (read some Greek mythology about this... nah, I will do the work for you).

Quoting from something I am writing currently:

Ovid a poet who lived around 43 BCE gave Chaos it's modern meaning: The original formless and disordered mass from which the ordered universe is created. Early Judaism, and later the Christian faiths applied this interpretation to the creation story in Genesis.

Do not be fooled by the allusion and ILLUSION to the word "Chaos."
Elitists present the illusion that they control us (order), and we obey their projections. How can billions of people subsequently relinquish our rights (disorder) to those that are supposedly more 'powerful' than us?

Peace.

new topics

top topics

join