It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Cyber Army hacks VOA (Voice of America)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The Voice of America and some 90 of its peripherial websites have been hacked by those identifying themselves as the Iranian Cyber Army. The main website home page has been replaced with a message addresed to Hillary Clinton:

Iranians hack into VOA website
Iranian computer hackers on Monday hijacked the website of the Voice of America, replacing its Internet home page with a banner bearing an Iranian flag and an image of an AK-47 assault rifle. The group called on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to “hear the voice of oppressed nations.” The banner stated that “we have proven that we can.” The message called on the United States to “stop interfering in Islamic countries.” It then listed more 90 websites of VOA it claimed has also been hacked. A State Department spokesman could not be reached for comment. www.washingtontimes.com...

Link to VOA Main page: www.voanews.com...

edit on 22-2-2011 by redoubt because: VOA Link added

edit on 22-2-2011 by redoubt because: Expanded title

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Adding this screen snag of the hacked page banner...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ab5b2f30b95.jpg[/atsimg]

Bear in mind that this IS the Voice of America and no small event to have it taken down and redressed under the Iranian flag.

This is news... and will be for some time unless TPTB stuff the story under the rug...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't know the sophistication of such an attack, but it sounds harmless.

At worst, it was appropriate in the context of our recent 100% terror alert.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smthngmssnghr

Just my personal opinion but... this isn't a cheese cracker hack. The VOA is the official word of the US Government.

Add to this that the entire VOA network appears to have been violated as well?

America's voice has been stuffed... either by official Iranian hacks or some kids... either way, no small things.

Okay... I'm done. Just felt this was worth a little attention. Hope they don't hack Netflix next... that would be a real crisis!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Since numerous countries seem to be involved in the anti-Iran campaign, I would require cyber-forensic evidence to pass informed judgment. I worry much less will suffice for some.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
A volatile eye catching story line.. for a MSM story which could be disinfo. You have posted no information which verifies your story line claim. There is no official message that matches your claim..

Change your story header... or hopefully one of the SysOps will kill this flag seeking post.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Furthermore, as a show of my ignorance, I was unaware of this 'official' outlet of the USG's 'word' before now, but VOA appears credible on the surface.

Still it's lacking in much so-called sensitive intelligence material, and thus incomplete.

Moral barometers and subliminal polling might be at the heart of this.
edit on 22-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
A volatile eye catching story line.. for a MSM story which could be disinfo. You have posted no information which verifies your story line claim. There is no official message that matches your claim..

Change your story header... or hopefully one of the SysOps will kill this flag seeking post.

Excuse the hell out of me but... I found the hack by going to VOA myself. I took a picture of the hack banner and supplied a MSM report, with link, to the same. What more do I need to do to just share a bit of news here?

Please explain, in exact detail, what my sin was.

Oh, you will also note that my OP was completely apolitical, sticking strictly to the subject matter. It was neither pro and anti anything at all.

Was that the problem?

And as for 'flag seeking'? What a joke! I rarely submit an OP on any subject here anyway... this kind of juvenile political BS being one reason why.

Do a little homework and see just how many original posts I have put forth in the nearly four years I have been here at ATS.

But to be sure, next time I want to do an OP here, i will submit an application to you personally, signed in triplicate and enclose a dozen eggs so you don't have to dip your cesspool to reply.

Have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

join