It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why weren't the attacks on 9/11 synchronized?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is a question that dawned on me while watching the videos of Dr. Jones in this thread here, which I really recomment you look at.

It seems a little odd that the attackers didn't see the obvious advantanges to synchronizing the attacks. The planes in NY hit approximately 17 minutes apart and the Pentagon was supposedly struck approximately 35 minutes after after the last plane in NY. If they had planned this event years in advance, took the time to infiltrate the country, learn to fly in America (
) and forge powerful boxcutters out of kryptonite in order to ward off any possible sabotage on the planes, then what kept them from wearing watches? I don't mean synchronized as in simultaneously, but a 17-52 minute window is hardly precision execution (like their aerounautical maneuvers).

Is it not reasonable to think that they would have anticipated a response by NORAD, especially over D.C. within that time frame? Hell, flight 77 wasn't even "off-course" or hi-jacked until the first plane actually hit the first tower! Beyond that, if cell phones really did work in the planes, isn't it reasonable to assume that the hi-jackers would have tried to use them to coordinate their attacks? This isn't exactly a smoking gun, its circumstantial, but doesn't it at least make you wonder? Surely, they could have used their miraculous abilities to pick a day where flights could be better synchronized; if not why? Clearly, you would have to assume that they had tried at least in some capacity to figure out how long it would take to pull of the hi-jacking, fly to NY & D.C. and crash the planes, as well as how long it takes NORAD to scramble a jet.

It makes me wonder just, what if the masterminds behind 9/11 didn't attempt to synchronize the attacks because they did not anticipate a response from NORAD? That would mean either a) someone other than who were are told actually planned the events, or b) someone inside the gov't provided some proof or assurance that this would be the case, or for you OS guys c) its all just another amazing coincedence. I think its apparent that militaries and criminals alike have recognized and utilized the value of timing for many years prior to 9/11, so why did those behind seminole act of terrorism recognized the world over forget?

As a side note, I asked a similar question last year that got very little response If the OS is true, how come there haven't been any repeat events, but its somewhat related to this one.
edit on 2/22/2011 by budaruskie because: damn smiley face thingy isn't working

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Even if they knew there was a significant window they shouldn't have taken chances. Unless their intention was to extend the horror show-boating. Who would benefit most from this?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The answer is simple... The attacks were carried out by idiots... (US)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
3 words: Maximum psychological impact. Horrified by one and it builds to another.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I believe that there is a simple answer for the simple question.

The CIA or whatever 3 letter agency was in on it.

They were not worried about NORAD because someone told them not to worry about air defenses.

Speculation, totally on my part.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Well, it should be noted, the scheduled departure times for each aircraft, and then their actual departure times:

Flight 11-
Scheduled to depart at 7:45am. Departed at 7:59am. +15)Hijacked at 8:14am. +32)Crashed at 8:46am

Flight 175-
Scheduled to depart at 8:00am. Departed at 8:14am. +28)Hijacked at 8:42am. +21)Crashed at 9:03am

Flight 77-
Scheduled to depart at 8:10am. Departed at 8:20am. +31)Hijacked at 8:51am. +47)Crashed at 9:38am

Flight 93-
Scheduled to depart at 8:00am. Departed at 8:42am. +46)Hijacked at 9:28am. +35)Crashed at 10:03am*

*- It also should be noted that it's time it took to crash and actual crash time would have been much greater had it not crashed prematurely of it's target. Probably by another 20 to 30 mins at least.

Personally, I happened to believe the exact opposite, that they were very synchronized. First, they were all scheduled to depart at basically the same time give or take 10 mins. When you study the numbers and times above, I think it's clear they planned to have F11 hit first, it also appears they were attempting to have a crash happen every 15mins after the last. When you consider all the variables, they were incredibly timed, and were done with almost military precision, again considering all the variables.

Although, F93 is the anomaly, for some reason things went terribly wrong the whole entire time. First they take off late, then it takes them almost a hour to hijack the jet. Then their denied successfully crashing into their target, and crash in a field a couple of states away. They made lots of seemingly incredibly stupid mistakes, the major one being, letting the crew and passengers roam free in the back of the cabin when they knew they were going to be far behind the other flights. Then they totally give up, supposedly crashing the jet before the passengers even breach the cockpit.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
to be sure the second plane gets filmed ..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

They were sychronized - try reading "AMERICAS SECRET WAR" by Stratfor private intelligence founder
Dr George Friedman. Goes into detail concerning timing of the attacks

Had to get transcontinent flights taking off between 7 am - 9 am Eastern time. Flights leaving for west coast
depart at these hours. Hijackers had also carefully picked what flights to take. Needed airlines and routes
which flew Boeing 757/767 aircraft to simplify training. Had spent time flying these routes to observe
actions of passengers and crew (research actor James Woods who spotted one of 'dry runs' and reported it
was ignorned at time) It was not random what flights they took - it was all carefully planned

1) Transcontinent flights loaded with fuel for maximum effect

2) Boeing aircraft - 757/767

3) Leaving east coast airports between 7am - 9am, any latter delays become common as weather and mechanical problems accumulate

4) Chose day with light passenger loads to get seats in first/business class and to avoid having to control
large numbers of passengers

With exception of Flight 93 which was delayed 40 minutes on ground - all took off within few minutes of others
(AA 11 - 7:59, United 175 8:14, AA77 8:20)

I call that pretty synchonized

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

It seems like such an easy answer, that the question would need not come up.

To many variables. Period!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What's amazing is that all this time no one from the military has blown the whistle about the coincidence of war games going on during the entire attack. We need more high level officials speaking the truth.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They weren’t synchronized because they didn’t need that kind of precision, as history has shown. Recognition of what is happening and what is needed to react is not instant.
When the first plane hit, you could make a valid argument that it was an accident. Even if you have reports of another hijacking. So you don’t just scramble fighters and shoot down other suspected hijacked planes. Remember up to 2001 all hijackers made demands. They didn’t just crash the plane.

However multiple hours in between strikes wouldn’t work either.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

good explanation.

I gave you a star my friend. When said that way, I think that it was pretty precise also.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
it would of been quite spectacular to see both towers exploding in sync! But I think they were waiting for the smoke to clear and analysing the results of the first implosion before emploding the second tower. Also, if they did both towers at once it may not of worked correctly due to over pressures and feedback, and it looks more like an accident than a planned thing. You only see one tower go down, could of been an accident, like when the first plane hit.. could of been an accident.. but it wasn't! There's that whole psychological warfare aspect to 9/11 coming in to play. It lends blame to other causes. Also, it was planned to look like Islam or whatever so, what they are known for doing is secondary explosions when all the rescue team arrive. It's the same tactic. If you do a false flag properly and your framing someone, you want to use their tactics to hide behind too, so then, you create your primary event (plane impact) then the secondary explosives for when the rescue team arrive, in this case bombing the building when all the firefighters had entered. Anyone in the know (like McCain) immediately say - yup - Al Quada Osama Bin Laden style operation. They did the secondary when all the rescue workers arrive. Let's bomb Iraq!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My theory as to why there were different times between take-off and hi-jacking is that they were waiting for the cockpit door to open. Most likely for a flight attendant to go in and offer coffee etc; as this would offer the best opportunity to surprise and disable the flight crew.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Honestly , I don't see how they could have picked a "better" day , what with the military exercises going on , and all the confusion that was generated ( "Is this real-world , or part of the exercise ?").

As for the boxcutters , how much of a hero would you try to be , going up against someone wielding a knife or a blade ? Especially after it was announced that they were returning the plane to the airport ?

I see that brought up quite a bit in these threads , but the truth is , boxcutters/utility knives are a very formidable weapon when used by someone who hasn't got anything to lose . They can slice and dice in a matter of seconds .

So , you guys need to stop downplaying the whole "boxcutter" aspect .

What would you do if and when you are faced by a nutjob with a razor in his hand , hell-bent on carving you up ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
PC took an interesting tact and maybe he is correct. Many times, opinions are based upon perspective and if for instance you are comfortable with being 30-60 minutes late for work then someone showing up 5 minutes late could be perceived as on-time or even early. But how about this perspective. Didn't the same organization plan and execute the 7/7 attacks in London? Didn't the first 3 buses blow up almost simultaneously (within a minute)? That does give some insight into the level of attention paid to timing, does it not?

Airplanes are frequently intercepted in the U.S. and although there is no way to accomodate every possible scenario, I think its safe to say that it does typically occur within 45 minutes. So, how would the planners account for this if they knew it would take more time to hi-jack and fly their bombs into the targets than it does to scramble fighter jets? The simplest answer is that they were not worried about being intercepted, so they did not plan for it.

As far as the kryptonite box-cutter thing goes, you can say what you want but if you took my plane or bus or train over and all you had was a box-cutter, I'd stomp your ass. I can't truly say without being there but, if you believe in the "let's roll" story of 9/11 then I think that is proof enough that I'm not alone. I don't believe that part of the myth by the way, and thanks to everyone for keeping this thread civilized.
Gotta run, check back later.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Now is it or is it not true that the claimed phonecall from the plane that gave the info about terrorists with boxcutters has been proven to be false?
If you say the phone call DID happen then please provide evidencial sources that prove it is fact please?
edit on 22-2-2011 by zimishey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zimishey
Now is it or is it not true that the claimed phonecall from the plane that gave the info about terrorists with boxcutters has been proven to be false?
If you say the phone call DID happen then please provide evidencial sources that prove it is fact please?
edit on 22-2-2011 by zimishey because: (no reason given)

Barbara Olson on flight AA 77 told her husband that the hi-jackers had box-cutters. The calls were taken in the first instance by a Dept of Justice secretary Lori Keyton before being transferred to Ted Olson. She gave this statement to the FBI on 9/11 itself :-

intelfiles.egoplex.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

As far as the kryptonite box-cutter thing goes, you can say what you want but if you took my plane or bus or train over and all you had was a box-cutter, I'd stomp your ass. I can't truly say without being there but, if you believe in the "let's roll" story of 9/11 then I think that is proof enough that I'm not alone. I don't believe that part of the myth by the way, and thanks to everyone for keeping this thread civilized. Gotta run, check back later.

Dont be so sure

Was incident few years back in Atlanta when guy (ex military) was walking home at night from job got jumped
by gang of teenage thugs armed with shotgun & pistol. He had a small tactical knife (3 " blade)

End of story - killed one thug, severely wounded another, at which point remainder of gang beat feet

Shows you what can happen with someone with a knife and prepared to use it

As for "boxcutters" that name was coined by media - refer to United 93 when FBI recovered number of knives
and parts of knives linked to hijackers

www.911myths.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
Didn't the same organization plan and execute the 7/7 attacks in London? Didn't the first 3 buses blow up almost simultaneously (within a minute)? That does give some insight into the level of attention paid to timing, does it not?

Actually it was three underground trains that were bombed in quick succession and a bus about an hour later. But totally different scenario, bombers just had to get on the various trains and trigger the devices at the same time. They were not at the mercy of delayed plane take-off times or the need to await a favourable moment to take the cockpit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join