It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh Takes Aim At Michelle Obama’s Waistline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You would have to be living under a rock to have missed Michelle Obama's war on what foods we consume. Rush in his radio show has called out MO for being a hypocrite on this front...

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) — Michelle Obama is taking heat from talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh after a report in the Vail Daily that she consumed a not-so-healthy-meal of ribs for dinner while on a recent visit to the Colorado resort, the latest example of conservative angst directed at the first lady’s healthy-eating initiative.

“The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn’t look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice,” Limbaugh said Monday on his radio program. “And then we hear that she’s out eating ribs at 1,500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per serving.”

“She is a hypocrite,” Limbaugh continued. “Leaders are supposed to be leaders. If we are supposed to go out and eat nothing, if we are supposed to eat roots, berries, and tree bark, show us how.”

I suppose the question would then be is he...
Calling it as he sees it?
Telling it like it really is?
Or just stirring the pot status quo?

Not everyone has to be skinny enough to hang glide on a dorito. And Rush was not so stick thin the last time I saw him. Granted, he is not on a "Nutrition Mission" either. Maybe that makes a difference?

Michelle is to food, what Nancy Reagan was to drugs obviously. She quite openly feels that the general public needs help making important meal choices.

From limiting school bake sales...

news.yahoo.com...

Don't touch my brownies! A child nutrition bill on its way to President Barack Obama — and championed by the first lady — gives the government power to limit school bake sales and other fundraisers that health advocates say sometimes replace wholesome meals in the lunchroom.

To being concerned about national security because kids are too fat to qualify for military service.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Isn't even crazy to suggest, as Obama has, that when "one in four young people are unqualified for military service because of their weight, childhood obesity isn't just a public health threat, it's not just an economic threat, it's a national security threat as well."

Talk about early recruiting.

Healthy eating is always a good thing for us and our children. But is it MO or BO's s job to make healthier choices for us? IMO, it is not.

So back to Rush who calorie counted for MO...

The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn’t look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritionary, dietary advice,” Limbaugh said Monday on his radio program. “And then we hear that she’s out eating ribs at 1,500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per serving.”

So is he right? Should she be seen eating only wholesome foods? If she is advocating so strongly to control unhealthy foods and who eats it, should she not practice what she preaches?

edit on 2/22/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If you can maintain a healthy weight. You can eat whatever the hell you want.

Did he even consider Mechelle Obama's metabolism?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
And what is so unhealthy about eating short-ribs? They're beef. Is Rush saying beef is now unhealthy?

First, Rush is a tool, to even make an issue of this shows what a jackass he is. Second, Michelle Obama is trying to teach kids how unhealthy it is to eat a diet of fast food, pizzas and burgers and too much soda (every first lady had some pet project, Nancy had her "just say no" campaign f'rinstance). If you don't think something should be said about obesity in America, take a good long around. It's getting harder and harder to find people of normal weight around here, let alone anyone who's skinny.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

“She is a hypocrite,” Limbaugh continued. “Leaders are supposed to be leaders. If we are supposed to go out and eat nothing, if we are supposed to eat roots, berries, and tree bark, show us how.”

So says the fat *** who just had a heart attack. No, Rush, you just go right on eating your self into another heart attack, at least you can afford health care.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Rush is a friggen drug addled toad, who cares what people eat this is one of the biggest problems we have in this country today.People need to just mind there own business and a few weeks of nothing but bark and roots would do the lil fatman some good.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When I read a thread earlier today about MO eating some meat dish at a resturant while on holiday, I thought I was on the wrong website.

Now here is another one about it, standards are definately slipping here.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
imo, fat kids (+ childhood diabetes) is the fluffiest first lady pet project ever, and people still find reason to complain. These are actual problems, I don't feel it is the job of government to make me feed my kids certain foods, but drawing attention to growing
problem did not effect my ability to reward my daughter with a trip to McDonald's either. My kiddies are not overweight, and every few weeks I'll take them for fast food as a treat.
There are however many very overweight kids in their classes, in the third grade 100 pounds and over is NOT uncommon, in the third grade my daughter weight about 60 pounds, you see the problem there? There were kids literally twice as fat, not twice at tall or even significantly taller all the kids were the same size with the tallest (who was also one of the thinnest) about 4 inches taller than the shortest.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The only people who listen to that overrated gasbag are the ones who already agree with every word that comes out of his mouth, or the ones who get some sort of enjoyment out of ridiculing him.

I'd love to see him ignored into oblivion. Or maybe put on a desert island where he could have a PPV death match with Keith Olbermann, proceeds to the Make A Wish Foundation. Winner stays on the island. extra DIV

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Limbaugh taking on someone's waistline is like the "pot calling the kettle black"
Altho he has lost some weight from his former levels.....still it is hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The whole thing revolves around the idea that Govt or members in/of the Govt need to tell people what they can and can't eat.

This is America. Govt stay out of my menu and my life!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The thing is Rush Limbaugh is not telling you how to eat. He is not forcing down dietary rules to you or your kids in school. Michelle Obama is.

Typical liberal blame the messenger vitriol instead of looking at the issues.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

First, Rush is a tool, to even make an issue of this shows what a jackass he is.

Agreed with this part, but...

take a good long around. It's getting harder and harder to find people of normal weight around here, let alone anyone who's skinny.

What is "normal" weight to you? Normal wight for the average person, and especially women is much higher than most people think. For me, my normal, healthy weight, leaves me looking as if I am overweight, even though I am now in my target range. For me to "look" skinny, I would have to weigh in at 100bs. and less, even then I look as if I could lose a few more lbs. By the way, when I was this weight, I was considered to be too skinny and my physician pushed me to add on some lbs.

Meaning, for my body shape to "look" skinny, I have to be very unhealthy.

In many societies in history, the "normal" weight has been far above what many Americans now think of as "skinny". Skinny is not what it's "cracked up to be". For many people, it would be impossible, giving their body shape, to ever "look" skinny.

So please, let's stop with the idea that someone needs to "look" skinny to be healthy. We don't need people to continue thinking healthy = skinny, because that is just not true.

Harm None
peace

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Has she said or done anything differently than every dietician and doctor on tv or in print?

Eat healthy, these are healthy foods, those are unhealthy foods, avoid fast foods high in fat and calories, blah blah blah, it's all the same advice.

Every first lady has a cause and fat kids is not controversial, seems to me the Obamas can do no right even when fluffy what should be non issues.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Refresh my memory now. Whose administration was it that wanted to have ketchup and relish reclassified as vegetables to save money on the school lunch program?

The Big Issue is that none of these chumps have anyone's best interests at heart other than their own. It's all pandering to the dolts like its a pro wrestling crowd.

Typical liberal vitriol.
Typical conservative hogwash.

If it doesn't all disgust you and you can actually find a side to pick, then you're right where they want you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Here is the thing. It is food. There is nothing wrong with her eating ribs as ribs aren't a normal staple of her diet. This is just another idiot nickpicking and looking for any reason to stir up controversy.

Look, i agree with her healthy eating policy. It's like Mickey D's.. there is nothing wrong with eating there if you do it once every few weeks. Health issues arrive when it becomes a normal part of your diet and this is the same thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Limbaugh and the right-wing media are making a big deal out of this to keep you distracted from the events unfolding, god forbid Americans should wake up and see the revolution at our doorsteps. Instead we get a bunch of overweight blowhards raging on about what Michelle had for dinner.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Limbaugh and the right-wing media are making a big deal out of this to keep you distracted from the events unfolding, god forbid Americans should wake up and see the revolution at our doorsteps. Instead we get a bunch of overweight blowhards raging on about what Michelle had for dinner.

Or Michelle Obama distracting the masses from what is happening by telling us what we can and can't eat or feed to our kids.
Goes both ways. Limiting it to just one group is very naive.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
How typical to go on the attack by choosing, weight (or style) when it comes to women. H. Clinton and S. Palin will be able to commiserate, no doubt. When a political attack lacks substance, these are the fall-back topics. No surprise, really.

SM2

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
While I do agree Rush is a tool and a long winded jack@#$, I will have to say, that he does have a point here. M.O has the full weight of Barry behind her and is pushing to get all of this legislated, but does not think her ideas and potential mandates apply to her. She is being a hypocrite. I personally could not care less what she eats, what Rush eats, or what you eat, but if you tell me I can not eat something, and she wants it to be by force of law, because it is bad for me, well then my overzealous friend, you too need not eat the same thing, typical elitest attitude, do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I am confused. I am not sure I understand the point of this "story"?

Is it about Michelle Obama eating ribs or is it about Limbaugh taking the doughnuts out of his mouth long enough to comment?

top topics

join