It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Moderators!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
May I just say how you have helped me gain a little more class. I am sure not the only one who has felt the sting at first of being censored in some way. At first I felt angry, then after time to reflect was in agreement with how civility helps us all grow. whether we like the context of what transpired or not, at least it helps develop me into a better person, understanding I can be quite a jerk at times. Cooth is an admirable trait, to be able to get a point across without sounding like an angry s.o.b.,or off my meds loony bin runaway, or nasty bitter A-hole. there is one particular human being on here who rightfully intervened upon a statement of mine, i blew up personally at them. then after doing so realized I was wrong. I have felt very sorry, guilty, and extremly regretful of the cruel and heartless things I said. But it really changed me for the better.. GEMWOLF , im sorry for what I said weeks ago, you can never take back something you say to someone. but just know my reaction helped make me a better person. i embarassed myself so badly i almost walked away from this site.

I like to think we are all friends here, all searching for something. All sharing knowledge, and trying to be less of a bunch of human knuckle draggers.

In closing, i wish everyone here can gain something positive personally that will make u better neighbor on this little rock we inhabit.

best wishes to all regardless of your personal views on things we are all imperfect human beings with feelings

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You need a good dominatrix,head to vegas skippy

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Seriously, a very poignant statement.Sometimes we all need to be put in check.It keeps us balanced,great post.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Oh iv felt the sting, just look how many points I'm in -2000. But yeah I does help you add something better too others posts.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Takes a big man to apologize Rebel

I've done the same exact thing (whiskey & vertigo didn't help my elucidation either, lol) so don't beat yourself up.

We are all human here (I think) and everyone sometime or another screws up.

edit on 22-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Don't feel alone, I owe so many apologizes it would take up this whole thread. All it takes is 2 glasses of wine and me on my pitty pot, to get all defensive and over sensitive. Then I feel so bad about all I've said. But tonight I even debunked my own thread, they were right. I will not come on ATS without a clear head again.
Thanks for this thread I feel better all ready.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Thats totally true, well done mate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The following are my comments as a member and do not represent the views of ATS or staff:
( I can't get the Mod member post tags right)

[ Mod ]Your comments are much appreciated! I'm very new to Moderator duties and I am frankly humbled to be working alongside a truly caring staff.
The following example I think is revealing :
There was one member that we were all very concerned about which generated 7 pages of responses.
We deal with dozens of issues per day and that is a great amount of time to spend on just one member.

I'm gratified that you feel you are finding opportunities to grow here on ATS.
To make a community we have to be able to deal with our feelings and set standards where everyone knows and feels that they are not only safe but respected by other members and staff.

Verbal feuding and assaults create a negative atmosphere and brings conversations off topic.
We want ATS to feel like a home, and I don't mean a dysfunctional one.
We all have our bad days and that includes Moderators and Staff.
Forgive us if we come across a bit strong at times.
We're just trying to keep things free, positive and pleasant for all.
And we'll forgive you guys for whatever you can throw at us.

[ /Mod ]
edit on 22-2-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Thats totally true, well done mate.

Agreed

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
It takes a great deal of courage to admit what you have. This site can stir anyone up,
So many topics people feel pasionate about. One of the best things about ATS is the growth factor. Congratulations. S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Good for you! As you can see a lot of us have felt that "sting", and it does take a big person to apologize and grow from the experience. Many webboards are more formal than this one, so it can take some time to understand what flies elsewhere wil get you banned here.

Thanks for the positive rant today!

top topics

join