It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got arrested.. for a belt buckle.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by tweakedvisions

So you're smart emough to know the marijuana laws and the in and outs

not once did i claim i know the 'marijuana laws and the ins and outs'. to be honest i have a very basic understanding of the medical marijuana laws and i dont even know what the 'ins and outs' are.
unless you meant to say something more along the lines of "smart enough to know the marijuana laws, inside and out" which would make sense, but i still never made that claim.

, but to dumb to know brass knuckles are illegal?

but too dumb to know even the most basic of proper grammar.

America....what a country! You can be a total dumb# and then run to a forum to complain about it.

i dont think i was complaining, but then again what do i know. im "to dumb to know brass knuckles are illegal"

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Pretty jacked up man, I too was popped unfairly, but was ready to fight it, until they said they were gona charge me with felonies, essentially blackmailing me into pleading guilty. How about posting an email address or something to the prosecutor/judge on your case and we can all send them mail telling them how retarded they are. Might help your case. *shrugs*

Deebo

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I'm POSITIVE had you not produced your medical MJ card,he probably would hve let you go on the knuckles. Maybe confiscated them or tell you to put them in the trunk.
The police TOLERATE the 215 Pot for medicine laws. They don't really like it. It's kind of an IN your face what are you going to do about it?
Ummmm how about arrest you for something else on a technicality, since you get to carry pot on a technicality?

Again.. Police are about "law enforcement", not interpretation.

Unless they don't like a law. Your busted for the knuckles.. He got you. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

They're not stupid. A LOT of behind the scenes bullcrap going on with the 215 laws. Between dispenceries being robbed and people carrying more then they're allowed,whole new set of rules they have to enforce.

If I had a perscription for pot.. I would'nt carry it my car. Kinda daring the cops on a challenge.

And they ALWAYS pull people over for a headlight out. That's part of the fun and games for them... OK OK What have we HERE?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ReRun

how does that old saying go..."when you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME"
if you're going to take the time to break down my post the way you did, dont fill in the blanks with assumptions.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

i would have put it in my pipe and smoked it, but the cop confiscated my pipe as well.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Crazy story. Talk about an avalanche of bad things happening to you one after another.

In my younger years I was pulled over by a K-9 Cop. Needless to say, I learned my lesson the hard way. From now on just remember the things you can get in trouble for if you are careless. IMO, that is what you were this time, careless. I know, it isn't right, but it happens. You definitely did not deserve to go to jail or get your car towed. I agree. That isn't a cop's perspective though, unfortunately.

Those brass knuckles were just asking for trouble. I am sure you were not out to use them, but these are the careless mistakes the "state" makes a living on. Use your head from now on. Instead of carrying a fat bag on you, carry something that you can throw in your mouth and eat if you get in a jam.

Hopefully you get past this. I am thinking in California they won't be too hard on you if this is indeed your first time.

Good luck.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

dude are you by any chance a police officer because that's the same kind of crappy "legal advice/assistance" cops give out to help you

help them

get another conviction

and notch on their gun

sure, be nice [go along to get along] and go and try to influence the arresting officer, getting another charge slapped on you.

brilliant

OP while you have obviously been the victim of a fishing expedition, i would like to point out that brass knuckles don't really have any other uses i would also like to point out that if you were to put on any of those shown by a previous poster all the way up your fingers and punched somebody you have a higher chance of breaking your fingers. those are actually Knuckle dusters [but you never heard those words] look up Knockers and see whata real pair of brass knuckles are

also get that lawyer [good ol boy might have stock in a private prison and may be the last kinda lawyer you want, not knocking those who advised this just saying]

you cannot afford at this late date to be giving TCOTBIP and there minions another leg up on you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
THAT"S funny Tweaked.
We have 3 dispenceries and 3 hydroponic stores here in Tahoe.
ONE dispencerie has been "supposedly" robbed 4 times. Rumour has it...It's all inside jobs, so the guy does'nt have to pay his farmers.

Believe me...the cops HATE the whole situation. (driving them nuts..who's a good guy or bad guy thing)

I have nothing to do with the industry... Just hear a lot...

You got pawned on the knuckles. Sucks. And sorry.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You were not using it as intended, and had it separated from the belt. That would imply it was not to be used at that time, for its intended purpose, but for the second reason it implies: brass knuckles.

Next time, leave it around your waist attached to leather/plastic, rope etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Get a lawyer. Whatever you do, get a lawyer. Even if you have to go in debt another 1,000 dollars.

And remember, ignorance of the law is no excuse. I had a judge tell me that on a few occasions.

Welcome to the felonious life..lol

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If you have related to us the truth of the encounter, with holding or changing nothing then you won't have any problems having the buckle business thrown out. I think there is precedent in that those kinds of things have been used as brass knuckles. Before arresting you did he do a check for warrants? If so he may have seen previous offenses and made an assumption using them. You won't want to post those if you have any and you should not but if you do and if he found out even though there were no warrants that would do a lot to explain his actions.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep OP, sounds like you're a bonafide Terrorist.

Have fun in Cuba

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein
[q
You are delusional. You have a right to live safe without some a-hole clobbering you with a set of brass belt buckle knuckles. It also sounds like anyones arguement that doesn't agree with yours is "false." That kind of mindset is exactly what you are asking to revolt against. These laws are meant to protect us from the people with bad intentions. If everyone refused to comply, it would be chaos and no one would be safe and buisness would be impossible, then comes the cry for protection and laws will be made. What machine are you refering to? Only people with bad intentions would feel like they are in a prison in reference to our laws. What is it, exactly, that you feel you are restrained from doing by the "machine." We are the machine, shed you ignorance and make a change by actions not by contemp and instigation.

no you are delusional OP was targeted cause of medical marijuana from LEO's point of view a threat to all that good money,cars,phones,computers and homes that can be legally confiscated now and these med-pot users are just a trojan horse to legalize it and to take all those goodies away. also one doesn't need brass knuckles to knock peoples teeth out and assault people, a regular belt buckle at the end of a belt can be used as an improvised mace just like when the marines clear out a bar.

sorry to inform you but that is very naive thinking on your part if not down right foolish prisons are private businesses

recently a judge was convicted of putting kids in jail in exchange for cash from the private prison he sent those kids to.
one of them to his death

here's the kids mom confronting him as he smirks on the way out of court

yeah, old boys network is working for him just 10yrs he's getting

here are a couple of quotes for your further education re the law these days [cause andy griffith and officer bumper have been dead for a long time.

The Most Dangerous Man to Any Government "All government, in its essence, is a conspiracy against the superior man: its one permanent object is to oppress him and cripple him. If it be aristocratic in organization, then it seeks to protect the man who is superior only in law against the man who is superior in fact; if it be democratic, then it seeks to protect the man who is inferior in every way against both. One of its primary functions is to regiment men by force, to make them as much alike as possible and as dependent upon one another as possible, to search out and combat originality among them. All it can see in an original idea is potential change, and hence an invasion of its prerogatives. The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are." - H.L. Mencken

and from Arthur Silbers blog:
its-not-sex-its-never-sex

The law is not some Platonic Form plucked from the skies by the Pure in Heart. Laws are written by men, men who have particular interests, particular constituencies, particular donors, and particular friends. (The same is now true of women as well, of course. But for most of our history, it was men and only men. Straight, white men, to be precise; see here and here.) Laws are the particular means by which the state implements and executes its vast powers. When an increasingly authoritarian state passes a certain critical point in its development, the law is no longer the protector of individual rights and individual liberty. The law becomes the weapon of the state itself -- to protect, not you, but the state from threats to its own powers. We passed that critical point some decades ago. The law is the means by which the state corrals its subjects, keeps them under control, and forbids them from acting in ways that the overlords might perceive as threatening. In brief, today, in these glorious United States, the law is not your friend.

your thinking sounds like that of a slave/cog in the machine or of a beneficiary of it

"if you're not doing any thing wrong/got nothing to hide..."
"everybody needs to comply..."

sounds like what Eric Fromm referred to as "fascism with a smiling face"

OP don't forget to start carrying a camera with you at all times
just be discrete about it.

and stay in control during these confrontations in the future

cause that is what it is ultimately about

who controls your life.

edit on 22-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comments

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tweakedvisions
last weekend i went camping up in the mountains by my house.driving back that morning i got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle. he told me that he was pulling me over not because i was speeding or breaking any laws, but because one of my headlights were out. even though it was a perfectly clear morning and the sun was shining bright. then he does the usual license and registration bit and everything checks out. he comes back to my car, sticks his head in the window and asks me "do you have a physicians note for the marijuana in your car?"
"yes officer, i do." i live in california and i have my medical marijuana card. i am legally allowed to possess up to eight ounces and six plants. i give him my physicians note, medical card, and my little baggy of marijuana. he should have called my physician to make sure everything was legit, weighed my marijuana to make sure i was within legal limits, given everything back and i would have been on my way. instead, before even calling my physician, he instructs me to get out of the car and pats me down. in my jacket pocket i had a brass knuckle belt buckle that i had gotten for a birthday present. apparently in the state of california, that is a felony weapons charge. then the cop searches the rest of my car, breaking the stereo in the process. he has me jailed and the car towed. i was fortunate enough to get bailed out, but i also am a thousand dollars in debt because of that. i have court this wednesday so im sure ill be billed for all that too.
even if it wasnt on a belt. i dont see how that can be classified as a felony.

Hi there.

All of the information people have provided on how to beat the system in regards to your charge, aren't realising the main fact that the officer broke your rights as a US citizen by searching you without cause.

If what you're saying is true, and you provided him with the necessary documentation to prove you are legally authorized to carry marijuana on your person, then he had no right to search you in the first place. The "evidence" of the brass knuckles will be not be permissible in court, and there wont be a charge for the crown to lay on you.

However, if you were being liberal in your story, and you did not give him proper identification for your drugs, then you sir, are screwed.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Looks like plastic/wooden ones are only a misdemeanor in Cali. Get a lawyer.

Even if it takes $3000.....not having a felony record is worth it.

The US Supreme Court Incorporated the 2nd Amendment. You do have a right to bear arms. Brass knuckles were usedby our military in the Civil War, WWI, and WWII.

Old military arms from hundreds of years ago are allowed to be legally owned since the Supreme Court Incorporated the 2nd Amendment recently. I'd take it all the way to the SCOTUS.

Unless Cali offers only a misdemeanor....then flee the State for the free world.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The really scary thing is that you face the situation now of losing your right to own the shotgun you mentioned earlier over a "belt buckle".

The thing that bothers me here is he used the "marijuana smell" as his probable cause to search you when you are prescribed the medication and told him that right away. Honestly it is probably in your best interest to contact a medical marijuana advocacy group and tell them what happened because this is well into the realm of harassment and discrimination.

This may be your only way to save yourself... as Kalifornia looks at weapons possession as something major and they DO NOT generally plea it out because taking away your rights to own weapons by making you a felon is something they are looking to do as much as possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Have cheech and chong represent you in court.This was removed earlier,what a joke the moderators are

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Yep OP, sounds like you're a bonafide Terrorist.

Have fun in Cuba

lol..I gave you a star.

I needed a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Who moderators these forums-nancy grace?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join