It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got arrested.. for a belt buckle.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

It is too bad that you cannot file a counter suit against the state for failing to detect or halt the manufacturing or importation of this item which ultimately fell into your hands. They wanna criminalize it, they should be actively
battling the scourge of Belt Buckles or piss off

BS buddy

Raw deal, I am pissed now

I will be sending good vibes your way once they return
edit on 22-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

i would like to file some sort of claim. the cop broke my stereo in the process of searching my car. im sure nothing will ever come up of it though.
and thanks for the good vibes

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tweakedvisions

Originally posted by Janky Red

It is too bad that you cannot file a counter suit against the state for failing to detect or halt the manufacturing or importation of this item which ultimately fell into your hands. They wanna criminalize it, they should be actively
battling the scourge of Belt Buckles or piss off

BS buddy

Raw deal, I am pissed now

I will be sending good vibes your way once they return
edit on 22-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

i would like to file some sort of claim. the cop broke my stereo in the process of searching my car. im sure nothing will ever come up of it though.
and thanks for the good vibes
You can file a claim down at the pulled over with weed and brass knuckles building ,located at the drivers licensing center.Please leave weed and knuckles outside the building please.Free munchies too all guests.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
My advice? Don't go to court and resist if they issue a warrant...period.

Also, make a media spectacle out of it if possible...
edit on 22-2-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Besides the broken headlight,weed,brass knuckles...Were there any other circumstances you want to convey.Was your blood alcohol level over 4.0?Its ok,were all freinds here

oh yeah, i almost forgot to mention the body in my trunk. i had savagely beaten a girl earlier that morning with my belt buckle. good thing good old mr policeman had me hauled off in the paddywagon so i couldnt do no more harm

Wouldn't be funny if the DA saw this comment? OMGLOLROFLMAO! Yeah.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
To the morons making light of it all, this guy was arrested for having a paper weight/belt buckle and has incurred debt because of it. He was forced to exit the vehicle and submit to a pat down for possessing a legally prescribed medicine...
time to riot much?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
To the morons making light of it all, this guy was arrested for having a paper weight/belt buckle and has incurred debt because of it. He was forced to exit the vehicle and submit to a pat down for possessing a legally prescribed medicine...
time to riot much?

Whatever else happened may or may not been right according to the state constitution (I don't live in Cali so I'm not familiar with their laws) but he was not arrested for having a paper weight/belt buckle. He was arrested for possessing an illegal weapon.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Time to riot? Of course not. Time for the OP to have his day in court, as the Constitution promises? Yes. And that court exists to make sense of situations such as this.

The ironic part of all this to me is that if any of the people insisting it is just a belt buckle were to find themselves being assaulted by a person using brass knucks, I truly doubt they'd tell the cops "No, no, don't make it assault with a deadly weapon... it's only a belt buckle..."

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Time to riot? Of course not. Time for the OP to have his day in court, as the Constitution promises? Yes. And that court exists to make sense of situations such as this.

The ironic part of all this to me is that if any of the people insisting it is just a belt buckle were to find themselves being assaulted by a person using brass knucks, I truly doubt they'd tell the cops "No, no, don't make it assault with a deadly weapon... it's only a belt buckle..."

anything can be made into a deadly weapon if the person holding the object is angry enough.
if i were to find myself being assaulted by someone with brass knuckles, yeah that would suck. just like if i were to be assaulted with a baseball bat or a ballpoint pen or anything else. im not going to try and get ballpoint pens and baseball bats regulated or made illegal though.

also, smokeandshadow is right. i (had to) submit/ted to a pat down for possessing a legally prescribed medicine.
in the process of being harassed for a medicine that i have legally prescribed to me, it was discovered that i also had in my possession, something that the state of california considers a felony weapon.
edit on 2/22/2011 by tweakedvisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

anything can be made into a deadly weapon if the person holding the object is angry enough.
if i were to find myself being assaulted by someone with brass knuckles, yeah that would suck. just like if i were to be assaulted with a baseball bat or a ballpoint pen or anything else. im not going to try and get ballpoint pens and baseball bats regulated or made illegal though.

Funny enough, baseball bats and ballpoint pens have another primary purpose. Brass knuckles? Well, their primary purpose is to serve up a beatdown.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

That's unfortunate. My friends brother also lives in the PRC, and he too was arrested for possessing brass knuckles. I have family in Ventura County, and it irritates me that I can't conceal my Makarov , like I can here in Arizona. California has the worst laws of course when it comes to self defense and arms. Hopefully you at least get off with a misdemeanor plea deal.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

also, smokeandshadow is right. i (had to) submit/ted to a pat down for possessing a legally prescribed medicine.
in the process of being harassed for a medicine that i have legally prescribed to me, it was discovered that i also had in my possession, something that the state of california considers a felony weapon.

Just a friendly suggestion...

Do not make the above your legal defense.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Just a friendly suggestion...

Do not make the above your legal defense.

its a good thing im open to suggestions. any thoughts as to what my defense should be? at the very least i want it dropped to a misdemeanor

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

My honest advice would to be contact the DA, tell him/her that you realize you should not have had a concealed weapon, and ask for a lesser charge. Cop to whatever might have occurred, for instance if you were short with the citing officer, etc.

Assuming you don't have a criminal record worth noting, most prosecuting attorneys will make deals, with regard to petty crime, that often will remove the charges totally if you simply attend an appropriate seminar/class.

If you have the financial means to do so, hiring an attorney will almost surely result in a situation such as the above. Prosecutors are swamped and are inclined to write off the petty stuff just to get it off of their docket.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
After a quick search on Google this appears to be a common charge, and I only find stories of the defendants being convicted. I'm not aware of the exact statute but California also prohibits even plastic brass knuckles too, so that shows how far they will go to restrict your rights. Have you had any discussions with any small law firms?

Edit: I can't reply to any private messages yet, new member.
edit on 22-2-2011 by nortefunk14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nortefunk14
After a quick search on Google this appears to be a common charge, and I only find stories of the defendants being convicted. I'm not aware of the exact statute but California also prohibits even plastic brass knuckles too, so that shows how far they will go to restrict your rights. Have you had any discussions with any small law firms?

Edit: I can't reply to any private messages yet, new member.
edit on 22-2-2011 by nortefunk14 because: (no reason given)

i havent talked to any small law firms about it. i have my initial hearing on tuesday and ill be meeting with a public defender then. if that doesnt work out i can request to get a lawyer and appear before a jury.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
When I was fighting a case I was told to show up to the first hearing and get the general atmosphere and what not from the public defender, then make my decision to get a lawyer. The reason I say small law practices is that they will be more willing to sit on the phone and explain different scenarios pertaining to your case. I was even told by that lawyer I'd be better off with a public defender. I doubt that they'll drop the case, but if you get good representation from the defender hopefully you can get off with a misdemeanor.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My opinion is.

It was a weapon, made into a belt, and sounds like it could easily be taken from ones waist and used as a weapon, so in a way glorifying the weapon as decoration and still had function as a weapon, assumption being, whomever wears one thinks such weapons are clever, but they are not, brass knuckles are purely designed to maximise damage caused by punching.

I think they are abhorrent personally.

But, saying that, if you had, or person you intended it to be a gift for, had a half meter length of steel chain, for say locking a bike to a lamp post, that could do exactly the same thing and possession of a length of steel chain isn't something anybody would be arrested for unless it was seen wrapped around somebodies fist.

You said, it was a belt buckle and could be used as a weapon still, so good call by the officer as far as i'm concerned.

Perhaps you, and your friend, shouldn't go around thinking weapons are somehow clever, to be glorified as decorative clothing accessory, i hope the source of the weapon/buckle gets sorted out as well.

Violence is not clever, weapons are not clever, you, your friend, may be peaceable people, but what if some drug addict trouble maker, Alcohol or illicit, sees you or your friend wearing such an item and thinks something like, "he thinks he's well 'ard, i gonna fight 'im." and kicks the snot out of you or your friend, ay.

This officer may have saved you, or your friend, a good kicking somewhere in the future, because you, or your friend, will not be wearing it now, will you.

On your side completely with the weed, am completely pro legalisation and have articulated much in the name of legalisation, online and to UK politicians etc, but weapons, decorative or otherwise, it's glorifying the weapon serving as a belt buckle and that is just as bad as possessing it as a weapon in my book as well and you admit it could be used as a weapon as much as it's supposed to be decorative.

You say "i can hardly smush a bug without feeling sad about it later", well great, i'm the same, but no way would i purchase a weapon even if it was as a belt or something, it still serves to normalise violence and violent behaviour, so why do you think brass knuck's which are weapons designed purely to maximise punching damage, are something nice to give somebody as a present?

That's the bit i don't get, you are a peaceable person, but think a weapon used to harm another as much as possible, is something nice to give somebody else, what in the blue blazes of hades was going through your head, if you are peaceable.

If you are a peaceable person, behave like it, don't buy weapons which harm, even if they are fashion items, that still says you think violence is somehow clever, whichever way one wishes to cut it.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
One thing you have going for you in Calif is that the jails are so over crowded with drug dealers and violent criminals that its unlikely that you would do jail time for a first offence.

I would still play hard ball and not admit to guilt in any way shape or form.

just keep telling them it was only a belt buckle and stick with that story come hell or high water.
and do not plea bargain.

The reason the cop threw the book at you was because he likely did not like legal medical pot users but could not bust you for that. There are a lot of cops that do not believe medical pot should be legal and will screw with anyone that has medical pot.
So he was looking for anything else to use against you.
Likely if you had not had the pot he would not have busted you for the belt buckle.

I knew of one cop on a drug squad that when he was told of someone growing pot and found out in was medical pot he would have another officer hold the grower in another room while he inspected the pot plants.
While the grower was not able to watch this cop would pour a small amount of roundup at the base of each plant.
Within a couple days the plants would be dead and nothing could be proved that the cops did it.
This cop claimed that most medical pot scrips were bogus and just a cover for dopers to get high.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi --

Getting pulled over like that really stinks. It happened to me when I lived in TX. I think I was profiled because I drove an older model car. The reason the officer gave me was "improper lane change" which was total whowy.

My one suggestion other than taking heart that "this too shall pass" is get an attorney if you can possibly afford one. Preferably a "good ol boy" from around where you were stopped.

namaste

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join