It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got arrested.. for a belt buckle.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by brindle

It's brass knuckles...

You don't find it absurd that the OP can legally own a firearm but gets arrested for an oddly shaped piece of metal? I do.
I think it is your type of person who has been the downfall of the united states.Real men used to fight it out with a fistfist,shake hands afterwards,it was over.If you advocate one person having brass knuckles,then any person without brass knuckles is at a disadvantage.If the op is carrying brass knuckles, it tells me he cant defend himself,the odds of somebody taking the knuckles off him and using them against him are very high.If somebody came at me with brass knuckles, I would take it as a death threat.I mean really, if you truly advocate the use of brass knuckles, I think you need to see a mental help therapist asap.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Wow that's a seriously harsh response just because he doesn't agree with you? Instead of having useless rants, wheres the real argument? If you really believe that our society wasn't out killing each other, lets say a century ago you've must of really followed all the propaganda being spewed by the elites. The world has allways been violent, and I don't see the existense of our great country for a mear 200 something years as an exception. I happen to personally know the OP, and I was born in the very city that his arrest occured. It's ranked one of the safest cities in the United States and at the end of the day that means nothing. Back 20 years ago I was held hostage there with my mom and brothers and nothing could be done, even security guards at that bank didn't bother helping us. So damn right, if an individual wants to responsibly possess weapons to his advantage I have no problem with that. Having skills fighting with your hands won't get you anywhere if the perpatrator has knife or gun up in your face either. Trust me, been there, done that many times. I'm around 6'3 250lb. and an ex-gang banger, even people like me have high likelihood of freezing up when something goes down.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nortefunk14
reply to post by brindle

Wow that's a seriously harsh response just because he doesn't agree with you? Instead of having useless rants, wheres the real argument? If you really believe that our society wasn't out killing each other, lets say a century ago you've must of really followed all the propaganda being spewed by the elites. The world has allways been violent, and I don't see the existense of our great country for a mear 200 something years as an exception. I happen to personally know the OP, and I was born in the very city that his arrest occured. It's ranked one of the safest cities in the United States and at the end of the day that means nothing. Back 20 years ago I was held hostage there with my mom and brothers and nothing could be done, even security guards at that bank didn't bother helping us. So damn right, if an individual wants to responsibly possess weapons to his advantage I have no problem with that. Having skills fighting with your hands won't get you anywhere if the perpatrator has knife or gun up in your face either. Trust me, been there, done that many times. I'm around 6'3 250lb. and an ex-gang banger, even people like me have high likelihood of freezing up when something goes down.
You say you are an ex gangbanger.I am not really familiar with that term.Could you please explain what a gangbanger is.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
According to urban dictionary,a gangbanger is a lowlife loser in a gang that uses the gangs population to beat people up.They compare gangbangers to cockroaches,because they come out at night and need to be squashed.I would therefore have to think a former gangbanger would want brass knuckles to be legal.That is exactly why brass knuckles should not be legal,to keep them out of the hands of people like you.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by brindle

It's brass knuckles...

You don't find it absurd that the OP can legally own a firearm but gets arrested for an oddly shaped piece of metal? I do.
I think it is your type of person who has been the downfall of the united states.Real men used to fight it out with a fistfist,shake hands afterwards,it was over.If you advocate one person having brass knuckles,then any person without brass knuckles is at a disadvantage.If the op is carrying brass knuckles, it tells me he cant defend himself,the odds of somebody taking the knuckles off him and using them against him are very high.If somebody came at me with brass knuckles, I would take it as a death threat.I mean really, if you truly advocate the use of brass knuckles, I think you need to see a mental help therapist asap.

the only time i will fight, is if its in self defense. if i have to defend myself against just a single person, i wont use brass knuckles. even if im losing the fight i still wont use them. but if i feel my life is in serious danger, then i wont even think twice about it. i used to live in an area where you would get jumped by 5 or 6 guys just for wearing the wrong color or saying the wrong thing.
in a perfect world, real men wouldnt have to resort to violence. and if they did then yeah, youre right. they would throw fists and shake hands afterwords. unfortunately, the world isnt a perfect place. s*** happens. ive been jumped before by 5 guys. me against 5 is not a fair fight but i still fought fair. i had a knife on me at the time too. just because you have something doesnt mean youre going to need it. where i grew up, even with brass knuckles, you were still at a disadvantage.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Brass knuckles are a weapon, you shouldn't have had them period. The whole belt buckle thing is just you using an excuse to try and justify your own wrong doing. Why were they in your pocket? I don't keep belt buckles in my pocket. Im sure you told the cop it was a belt buckle also? They deal with you people breaking laws and not taking accountability for your actions non stop every day. You are no exception. Learn your states laws and stop carrying illegal weapons.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

If you advocate one person having brass knuckles,then any person without brass knuckles is at a disadvantage.If the op is carrying brass knuckles, it tells me he cant defend himself,the odds of somebody taking the knuckles off him and using them against him are very high.If somebody came at me with brass knuckles, I would take it as a death threat.I mean really, if you truly advocate the use of brass knuckles, I think you need to see a mental help therapist asap.

Ok, so let me get this straight. You advocate fighting only fair fights, correct? Because otherwise, you are not a man, correct?

Ok, so in Afghanistan, and Iraq, etc., we should make sure we strip down our soldiers to fight with only the weapons that are available to the insurgents (no night vision, no tanks, no satellites, no drones), so all is fair, right? Ridiculous, isn't it? Most people want to WIN a fight when they go into it, and part of that theory is to be better armed than a possible assailant.

If my personal safety (or the safety of a loved one) is threatened, you can bet I will use EVERYTHING (including every advantage) at my disposal to end the matter quickly.

In this particular thread however, I'm arguing the idiocy of the law, not the question of whether or not it's "fair" to use them....
edit on 7-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Bringing brass knuckles into an altercation is like bringing a knife to a gunfight...wait, nevermind, I think I'd rather have a knife.
Makes me think...in California could you have a knife in a car legally? Because I think even a relatively small pocket knife would be the superior weapon when compared to brass knuckles.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

yeah, there was actually a knife in my car....which was returned to me

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Why were you carrying a brass knuckle belt buckle in your pocket?
I read most of the comments and that question is still on my mind?
You'd WEAR it. Who carries big, clunky belt buckles around in their pocket?
What else do you carry in your pockets?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

Terrible luck, I hope your okay.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Well, if they aren't really brass knuckles, meaning they can not be used like brass knuckles, then you have nothing to worry about since you can defend yourself in court. However, if they are brass knuckles being used as a belt buckle then they are brass knuckles and you are a criminal.

I'm going to assume you were using sarcasm on the criminal part...considering it makes no sense to me why a state would allow ownership of guns, and yet find brass knuckles criminal..

I can't be the only one who sees the absurdity in that?

Ok..I understand.. guns are there for protection.. but maybe the guy who's home is getting broken into..would rather take a round out of the guy with some brass knuckles than shoot a bullet into him?

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
nvm old thread
edit on 11/26/2016 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Brass knuckle belt buckle? LOL!!!!!!

I don't have much to add except that.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join