It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got arrested.. for a belt buckle.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AmazedByU

i was actually incredibly polite to the police officer. i made no rude comments towards him and like ive said before was not displaying my medical marijuana in a manner that could be construed as showing off. i understand that there are many loopholes in the medical marijuana laws. that reason is actually why i do not flaunt my medical marijuana. aside from a few close friends and my family, you wouldnt even know. i choose to fly under the radar as best i can regarding medical marijuana laws.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tweakedvisions
last weekend i went camping up in the mountains by my house.driving back that morning i got pulled over by a cop on a motorcycle. he told me that he was pulling me over not because i was speeding or breaking any laws, but because one of my headlights were out. even though it was a perfectly clear morning and the sun was shining bright. then he does the usual license and registration bit and everything checks out. he comes back to my car, sticks his head in the window and asks me "do you have a physicians note for the marijuana in your car?"
"yes officer, i do." i live in california and i have my medical marijuana card. i am legally allowed to possess up to eight ounces and six plants. i give him my physicians note, medical card, and my little baggy of marijuana. he should have called my physician to make sure everything was legit, weighed my marijuana to make sure i was within legal limits, given everything back and i would have been on my way. instead, before even calling my physician, he instructs me to get out of the car and pats me down. in my jacket pocket i had a brass knuckle belt buckle that i had gotten for a birthday present. apparently in the state of california, that is a felony weapons charge. then the cop searches the rest of my car, breaking the stereo in the process. he has me jailed and the car towed. i was fortunate enough to get bailed out, but i also am a thousand dollars in debt because of that. i have court this wednesday so im sure ill be billed for all that too.
even if it wasnt on a belt. i dont see how that can be classified as a felony.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And the moral of the Story Tweak?

You went CAMPING!! Stay home. Heheheheheheh

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tweakedvisions

Is it against the law to carry a roll of nickels in your pocket? I wonder.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Riff2525

doesn't work like that. i can drill a hole in a knife and wear it as a belt buckle, but it is still a knife.

but if the brass knuckes, were too small for any normal person to actually put there fingers in, like novelty sized, he could probably prove that they cannot be used as anything other than a belt buckle and is not a weapon

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.

Is it against the law to carry a roll of nickels in your pocket? I wonder.

its only illegal if its in an old sock, then its a felony.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's cops like those that ruin even the most normal of people's lives every day. He probably just wanted your weed so he can blaze up some of that medical that he can't find himself lol. That sucks about everything.

Have you been to court yet, or are you fresh out the box?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Riff2525

doesn't work like that. i can drill a hole in a knife and wear it as a belt buckle, but it is still a knife.

but if the brass knuckes, were too small for any normal person to actually put there fingers in, like novelty sized, he could probably prove that they cannot be used as anything other than a belt buckle and is not a weapon

You are correct. If you were to drill a hole in a knife. It would be a knife that you drilled a hole in. The beltbuckle in question was manufactured with a hole for a piece to screw into it that was included in the package. (this comes in everyone of these beltbuckles) It's very clearly packaged and marketed as a beltbuckle. So I dont see your argument here. But then again I'm not here to argue. I'm just sticking to the facts. Not the "if's". Also, anything can be used as a weapon."If" you want to use it in that manner.
My little story was not hypothetical. I saw it with my own two eyes.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok folks here is an example of the police state we live in.He pulled you over for a headlight and his probable cause for searching you was...............

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Misleading headline,

Should read: I got arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.

You weren't using it as a belt buckle because it was in your pocket.

They are cool I agree and I wish I had one but you got caught and now have to pay the price. end of story.

Not that having it on your waist and using it as a belt buckle makes it less illegal probably but I would believe
that your intentions were more innocent.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's clear the real reason was the 1000 dollar's of profit made.
Scenario--
I get a call from my mother telling me to come and pick up my legal medicinal ganja that I left there and also to bring a crowbar, the dog's got trapped and I need to break the shed door, she has'nt got one.
So I go there, save the dog, pick up my green and on the way back in daylight I get pulled for a head light, and get arrested for carrying a weapon, stopping me from where I was going, impounding my car and making profit out of me on the bail and fine

Police state.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its called the state is broke and they need cash - they will find whatever they can to take your money.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Stand your ground, dude. The Bill of Rights states the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. If they are calling brass knucks a weapon, then you have the right to bear it. Take it all the way to the Supreme Court, you will win, if you can hold out and stand your ground. Fight The Power!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Stand your ground, dude. The Bill of Rights states the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. If they are calling brass knucks a weapon, then you have the right to bear it. Take it all the way to the Supreme Court, you will win, if you can hold out and stand your ground. Fight The Power!

worse possible thing you can do when dealing with the courts imo. "the law is an ass!" defence never ever goes down well.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

Originally posted by CaptChaos

worse possible thing you can do when dealing with the courts imo. "the law is an ass!" defence never ever goes down well.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. its a nice idea, but seldom works out that way.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I admit, there's probably nothing in this post that hasn't already been said several times in this thread.

I'm definitely interested in why he searched you. I don't see any provocation for the search and cops have no right searching someone without at least reasonable suspicion....but as far as brass knuckles, yes they're illegal and a felony to possess, whether they double as a belt buckle or not.

We could color the packaging on a kilo of coc aine and call it a paperweight. Having a paperweight is perfectly legal, but having a kilo of coc aine, no matter what you call it, isn't. Same thing applies here. We can't circumvent the laws through word play.

I'm also curious, why was your belt buckle in your jacket pocket? I'm not challenging anything you've said about what happened, I just can't help wondering why your belt buckle was in your jacket pocket. When my belt buckle isn't fastening my belt, it's tucked away in a drawer at home....of course, having a belt buckle in your jacket pocket is a legal activity, but you gotta admit for this particular buckle, that certainly makes someone question it's intended use as a belt buckle.

To be clear, I still think you may have been wronged by this cop searching you in the first place. However, as far as the brass knuckles go, you're own your own there.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Ok folks here is an example of the police state we live in.He pulled you over for a headlight and his probable cause for searching you was...............

That is my question, last winter about 11:00 PM I was on my way home from watching my grandchildren and got pulled over for a headlight being out, I wasn't aware of it, not only did the police not search my car, I didn't have to show my drivers license or car registration, when I went to my glove compartment to get my registration he said don't need it I have all the information in front me on my computer. No ticket, got it fixed the next day.

Cannot believe they searched you or the car, am I missing something here?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If your a good kid, show your grades, bring in your report cards, transcripts witnesses, this and that, and be honest, you will get the sympathy.
edit on 22-2-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Interesting. On weed for medical pain, yet still goes camping, has a knuckle duster in his back pocket and everything is sweet? Maybe the cops are a bit harsh, maybe you used language you shouldn't have but normal people don't carry birthday presents that are weapons out camping I would have thought. In fact if it wasn;t menat to be there to use, why carry it?

Then to finish off they put this story up on ATS as if it's something far out and unusual. Man, people get arrested everyday for similar offenses. The short answer is that if you had followed the law to the letter nothing would have happened.

The media is full of people complaining about tickets for things where if they obeyed the law in the first place nothign would have happened. I could carry my flickknife in my car too, but why, it's illegal! so it stays at home hidden away along wiht my firearms.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
either he had a grudge, or there was morebehind the scenes, anyways i dont know what to say, except to hide your belt buckles better

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join