It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollyon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
After reading quite a few posts in different topics I guess this will fit here.

I did some looking out of curosity of why 9-11 would have been picked and came to the conclusion that it may have been masterminded by a westerner, ones with higher purposes.

If you take a look at the book of Revelations in the Bible (not predominately read in the Middle East) 9:11 states :

"9:11 They have over them as king the angel of the abyss. His name in Hebrew is "Abaddon," but in Greek, he has the name "Apollyon.""

Apollydon is defined as: "The destroyer". In the new testament of the Bible, Apollyon is called the angel of the bottomless pit. Abaddon, a poetic name for the land of the dead in the old testament, is Apollyon's Greek translation from the Hebrew language. Apollyon, in early Christian literature, is a name for the devil. He is identified as an angel of death, "hideous to behold, with scales like a fish, wings like a dragon, bear's feet, and a lion's mouth."

Now look at Revelations 9:12 :"

9:12 The first woe is past. Behold, there are still two woes coming after this."

gets even more interesting:

9:13 The sixth angel sounded. I heard a voice from the horns of the golden altar which is before God,

9:14 saying to the sixth angel who had one trumpet, "Free the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates!"

9:15 The four angels were freed who had been prepared for that hour and day and month and year, so that they might kill one third of mankind.

9:16 The number of the armies of the horsemen was two hundred million. I heard the number of them.

9:17 Thus I saw the horses in the vision, and those who sat on them, having breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of lions. Out of their mouths proceed fire, smoke, and sulfur.

9:18 By these three plagues were one third of mankind killed: by the fire, the smoke, and the sulfur, which proceeded out of their mouths.

Sounds like I will be paying more attention to who has power over what (UN) and under what pretense they march, and what they wear.

Just some thoughts

found more:

Revelations 9:20 The rest of mankind, who were not killed with these plagues, didn't repent of the works of their hands, that they wouldn't worship demons, and the idols of gold, and of silver, and of brass, and of stone, and of wood; which can neither see, nor hear, nor walk.

Does this sound like biological warefare: Is Bush (or New World Order) wasnting to prevent this? or hasten it?

[edit on 16-7-2004 by nwscc]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
remember that the chapter and verse headings were added centuries after the original text.

If you go here:

www.bible-researcher.com...

you can read about how the new testament was not divided up into verses until the mid-1500's, and Theodore Beza's version. They certainly didn't become standardized until the Authorized (English) version of 1611.

So before you jump on every 9:11 in the text, ask yourself: would a prophetic author with only 22 chapter and a total of maybe a thousand verses, spend 2 of them on the WTC? Sure it looks important to us. But is it really a pivotal event in human history???

Anyway, gotta be carefull about that Bible. Just coz you found something that glitters doesn't make it gold.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I didn't say it was gold. But then again, is it 14th century people making the descisions today? Or is it someone today using what they have now as reference?

The resemblance does give something to look at.

The point I was making was not inclusive to histrory but exclusive.

Like I said, it was just a thought.

Sounds like modern interpretation and nothing of biblical or historical relavance.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by nwscc]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I personally am more impressed with the numerological significance of your signature. . . .

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Fibonacci numers are extremely interesting.

www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I learned about them in the process of trading futures. But that's another thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
NWSCC: I really think you should get out more

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
sorry about the delayed answer. was out fishing a tourney. won first in speckled trout.

I'll try to get out more

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Four angels bound by euphrates? Iran, Iraq, Syria..... only other i can think of is turkey.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Please notice that :

Apollyon appears in apocalypse, but :

Abaddon is mentioned in the Bible six times in the old testament :

Genesys 1:2 :

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Deep : Abyss, in hebrew Abaddon (Aleph-Beth-He-Daleth-Daleth-Vau) :

A word used in the Bible to denote :

the grave or the abyss (Rom. 10:7; Luke 8:31)

the deepest part of the sea (Ps. 69:15)

the chaos mentioned in Gen. 1:2

the bottomless pit, hell (Rev. 9:1,2; 11:7; 20:13)

I have underlined "hell", because these definitions are coming from this site : www.christiananswers.net... . But I got an objection. The concept of Bottomless pit is really different of the comcept of hell, and that's why the Bible got to differents words for these "places".

Abaddon is the creator principe of emptyness, and this word, in hebrew allso means "waters", in the sens of oceans. I also believe that the "bottomless pit" is something like "deep space" or the "universe emptyness" if you prefer.

In hebrew, the name of hell is sheol. It's the place where stay souls who wasn't able to go in heaven, after death, waiting for a new incarnation.

Abaddon is also mentioned in the Job book. Here it is :

Job 26:5 Dead [things] are formed from under the waters(abaddon), and the inhabitants thereof.

Job 26:6 Hell [is] naked before him, and destruction (abaddon) hath no covering.

Even if I'm not really OK with this translation, wich make disapear another meaning of these verses.

You will also notice : Apocalypse 20:12 :

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

In the apocalypse book, Apollyon appears to be a little bit the personal enemy of satan. That's what I think about him/her.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
the combining of the bears feet, the lions mouth, dragon scales, and wings being hideous to behold are the one world political system. its no wonder that the hell or the deep links with waters = lost people/souls.

daniel 7 i believe has the 4 beasts that all turn into this last 4th one. First you have the lion with eagle wings, then the eagle with 4 wings, then the bear with 3 ribs in its mouth.

so now find the meaning of mouth, feet , wings , and body/scales and apply each symbol to this to find the description of the one world beast in revelations 12 and 13.

and im not sure, but i dont think the bible is talking about phsyical death or at least physical death only in those chapters.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe the so called SARs virus was a test for a bigger weapon a bio weapon that maybe realesed.

Has anyone noticed the rise in virus outbrakes SARs,Asian bird flew etc maybe its building up to something?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987.......

then 1597, 2584, 4181, 6765, 10946

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I personally am more impressed with the numerological significance of your signature. . . .

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Locusts swarm in 'Passion' town

The southern Italian village where Mel Gibson filmed "The Passion" endures Biblical wave of insects.
August 25, 2004: 12:21 PM EDT

ROME (Reuters) - It seemed like an invasion of Biblical proportions in the Italian town of Matera, the outdoor setting for Mel Gibson's film "The Passion of The Christ."

money.cnn.com...

Revelation
Chapter 9

1 Then the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star 2 that had fallen from the sky to the earth. It was given the key for the passage to the abyss.

It opened the passage to the abyss, and smoke came up out of the passage like smoke from a huge furnace. The sun and the air were
darkened by the smoke from the passage.

Locusts came out of the smoke onto the land, and they were given the same power as scorpions of the earth.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
they hurt no green thing on the earth and they last for 5 months. they antagonize all those who recieved the mark of the beast. (read rev 9 further)

the smoke if you get a strongs concordance can also mean lies or something to that effect. what kind of locust hurts no green thing on the earth and has a crown and a lions head?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
GM-locusts ?
---------------------

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It's all about me !!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
that is all very interesting, but i don't get one thing the talk of the 200 million man march through the river Euphrates. are they on the side of the anti christ or god'd??

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonwoolf appollonia
that is all very interesting, but i don't get one thing the talk of the 200 million man march through the river Euphrates. are they on the side of the anti christ or god'd??

neither i think, i thought it was man against man.
Ive heard so many theories linking the book of revelations to the New World Order that it gets on my nerves new. Year after year, the theories are changed to fit the times. I will go on record to say that the book of revelations has nothing to do with the NWO. It was probably written by the movement of the NWO to brainwash us all.

new topics

top topics

join