It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Addresses Wisconsin Protesters: You Must Be 'Willing To Sacrifice'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Oh, and yes, I work for a school district, and yes, the district is making sweeping budget cuts.

It needs to be done.

People need to learn to enjoy the good times, but don't expect them to last forever. When bad times come, have to tighten the belt and press on.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If you work for a school district, maybe you can verify what I heard re textbooks. If one wants to download a regular book rather than a hard copy, the cost is much cheaper. Now, in the case of gr1-12 textbooks, it would seem that all a students textbooks and workbooks could be put on an electronic reader for much less money to save taxpayer dollars.

But...not everyone wants to sacrifice apparently, as a $100 calculus book would still be $100 downloaded to a e-reader. Textbook publishers don't want to sacrifice!

reply to post by ~Lucidity

When I was a young girl, one of the summer high points was to sit on the floor in front of the black&white tv along with my sisters, until late into those sultry nights, watching all those beautiful, charming young women parade elegantly across stage in evening dress and swim suit, vying for a title and tiara in that great American ritual.....the beauty pageant.

Such beauty, such charm, such poise, such grace! We watched, enthralled, in awe. Then came the part of the pageant when the contestants would have to give a short impromptu speech. .....
....we would all be rofloao! Even to the mind of an 11 year old girl, their answers to the prompt were so shallow, canned, and vapid, that I stereotypically concluded one could have beauty or brains, but not both!

Sarah Palin is our national consummate American beauty pageant contestant. Sure there have been contestants who have gone on into careers in journalism, but Sarah chose politics, and politics chose her. I no longer roflmao, but when she speaks, that old stereotypical thought comes to mind again.

I wonder, if we gave her a title and tiara, would she go away?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join