It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Addresses Wisconsin Protesters: You Must Be 'Willing To Sacrifice'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well, we knew this was inevitable. Walker asked outsiders to stay out of it. Guess she didn't get that particular memo.

Palin weighed in on the debate in a Friday night posting on her Facebook page but didn't indicate whether she would join weekend conservative counter-protests organized by groups including the Tea Party Patriots and Americans for Prosperity.

In the posting addressed to "union brothers and sisters," Palin says Wisconsin taxpayers shouldn't be asked to pay for benefits "that are not sustainable." She says "real solidarity means everyone being willing to sacrifice."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Union brothers and sisters? Really? Gag. Is she entitled to say this because she's accepted union money in the past, maybe? Is she a union member? You know, I don't even care to expend the energy to look, because either way you slice it, this is ludicrous.

Why should these people "sacrifice" their collective bargaining rights? They have agreed to concessions. They are being reasonable. Why take this fundamental benefit of unions away from them? Where's the sacrifice there? No, Sarah, real solidarity is standing together despite tests like these.

One final word of warning to my fellow Americans: back in 2009, I warned about what would happen if states accepted short-term unsustainable debt-ridden “Stimulus Package” funds. Accepting those funds allowed states to grow government, increase already unsustainable levels of spending, kick the can down the road on reforming entitlements, and create public expectations that they would continue financing these new mandates once the federal funds ran out. States were not in a position to grow government and take on new financial commitments then, and now the chickens have come home to roost. As goes Wisconsin today, so goes the country tomorrow.

To blame this on the stimulus packages when most states are dealing with an eroding tax base and the loss of pension investment funds as one of the real issues here is simply deflecting the blame away from the real culprits. Buy my book and you'll know all. In fact, maybe I should sacrifice my profits to come there and tell this to your faces. Right.

Alaska is probably next. Wonder how that will go over with the oil workers? www.usdebtclock.org...

[I searched and didn't see this posted, but if it has been, just 404 it. That's probably where it belongs anyway. I don't even know why I'm posting this. Maybe it should just be on record.]

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well she does speak from experience after all she did sacrifice her job as Governor so she could make millions.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Like I've said before, I wouldn't vote for her, but I'd sure do her.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Not really sure where I stand on that issue. Not sure I even understand whats going on there. Guess I'm too busy following the real action in the middle east. hehe

I think there are gonna be alot more protests like this and people are gonna look to the government, but I think the problem is far bigger than the governments.

edit on 21-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yeah, thanks sweetheart but,
I think the American people have sacrificed enough,
Thanks for askin' though.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I wouldn't do her. But under the right circumstances, and given enough tequila, I might be tempted to go head to head with her on some of these issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I guess Bush's tax cuts were too much of a sacrifice for the elite in this country.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Maybe she spoke out because she knows damn well this Wisconsin thingy is coming to a town near you, don't cha know.

Yep, you betcha, it's only a matter of time.

Times are tough and a little bit of sacrifice is necessary, unless you are Obama and you decide to host a dinner for all the famous billionaires.

Besides, it's not like she is of putting cross-hair on people, right?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Some people really have Obama Tourettes!

But I do agree, it might be coming to all towns near you. And probably sooner rather than later.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yep, sooner than later, and the Dem leaders will probably be forced to take a cross country tour, hopping from state to state, all 57 of them.

...and the man in charge will lose his mind trying to bus folks from neighboring states to act as protestors.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Lets be real. There are probably buses running both ways. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wanna know exactly what 'you people' mean by 'do her.'
Man though, that chick can insert herself in ANYTHING. I mean ANYTHING.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I wanna know exactly what 'you people' mean by 'do her.'
Man though, that chick can insert herself in ANYTHING. I mean ANYTHING.

really??????????

ok

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Yep, sooner than later, and the Dem leaders will probably be forced to take a cross country tour, hopping from state to state, all 57 of them.

...and the man in charge will lose his mind trying to bus folks from neighboring states to act as protestors.

Maybe they can get some energy Oligarchs to pay for some awesome tour buses!!!

Or maybe they can get the largest News Outlet in America to coordinate and promote the whole thing 24 hours a day!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, this was an interesting read. I'm not vouching for the facts here, but interesting nonetheless.

Sarah Palin, Proud Union Member?!?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Palin knows about sacrafice.

She made the ultimate sacrafice...she voluntarily gave up her job as governor...she sacraficed that to make millions.

Erm...wait....maybe that isn't exactly the message she is trying to send.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
She's a joke. The woman has absolutely no clue as to what it is to be a member of a union or an organized work force that collectively bargains for said benefits.

She is nothing more than an opportunist and a Caribou Barbie.

Less talkie, more bakey

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Apparently her husband belongs or belonged to a union. And she may have at one point. So she's an expert

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Well I am willing to bet my entire bank account on the assumption that she has never attented 1 single union meeting, or has any sort of formal education on the history of unionism in this country. I am willing to bet that she is as clueless on this subject as she is on the dangers of the Tyranical South Korea

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by ~Lucidity

She is a member of AFTRA

She does have a point though, even if I do not like her so much (but man is she hotttt)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join