It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control freak's in america make me sick.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
We have far to many isolationists, and not enough individualists. Not to mention, that mechanisms such as " executive orders " ( as an example ) that allow for the POTUS to overstep his boundaries. This being an instrument by which presidents have exerted powers that our Constitution never intended for them to have.

So with that, the actions of the Congress, ( or TPTB ), continue to dismantle this country, by any means necessary...which only compounds, ...and ultimately, something's got to give.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I believe most of those threads are just to get a rise out of ppl. Possibly to get us to get all flustered and direct attention away from the "real" important issues on this website. Or they're just assholes. I refuse to believe that these people can be that stupid. Or should I say have such an enslaved mind. Everyone needs to run their own lives and stay out of other ppls lives.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Riff2525 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
I would have thought ATS a conspiracy site would not have them considering there afraid to fart for fear the government will eat them alive.

Yet they come to ATS acting like a concerned citizen..
Saying..NO..Spewing hatred and Discontent toward HUMAN BEING'S..
LIKE...
smoker's should be tried for unfit parent's.
fat people should loose the right to healthcare
drunk's are not people but a shell and not worth pity.

All of the thread's you know well if not just do a search.

My point is all this controlling is not from the mind of a conspiracy theorist's mind.
Conspiracy theorist's do not want the government to take away your right's now do they?
Heck NO they don't...they fear it more than anything...

Yet A new group of people are trying to get fuel to there agenda..DO NOT fall for it folk's be smarter.

Even if smoking is nasty to you..it is there right to smoke.
just like if fat people make you sick ...it's there right to eat all they want as they can afford.
and same goes for the drunk.
and so on and so on.

These SO CALLED member's on ATS are baiting you for there agenda.

Do you guy's not understand...
You take away a smoker's right's claim there unfit parent's...
Next you opened a doorway for far more implication's...and the government will use the chance.

Remember folk's stop trying to control anyone.
The Shyt is not right period!

It's great to see that there is still common sense folk around, and very well said, applause to you.

There are many but we need more people like you around here like you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

OP is extremely naive. To say we shouldn't interfere with bad parenting indicates a lack of concern for the proper nurturing of an innocent child. We're all humans and we should all care for one another. If you were a small, defenseless child I'm sure you'd appreciate someone stepping in and telling your bitch of a mother to stop breathing cancerous smoke around your 5 inch lungs. I'm only responding to your bit about bad parenting because the rest of your post is nothing but an incoherent rant of an elementary (if that) child.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Great opening post, I don't bother reading those threads you mention, when I see the title I just pass on by, more should do the same.

What ever happened to tolerance, seems they took the word out of the dictionary. When you live your life worrying about and dictating to others how they should live it is a wasted life in my opinion, the good news is there is so much to offer on ATS that is a learning experience for all to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You have some valid points, but a key to peaceful coexistence with others is understanding that people have different beliefs and views. Some people are right, some are wrong, some are smart, some are dumb. You just gotta try to respect everyone. If you disagree with someone, have some debate.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I understand your premise OP. Mind your own business yes, to a point. I do, however, take issue with people using their money to supply their filthy habits, instead of feeding their families. I've been there. I was a three pack a day smoker. I quit because I got pregnant with my daughter. Good food is expensive, and I wanted to give her the very best start I could. My sister-in-law kept smoking during and after pregnancies, all her kids have medical problems.
My eldest niece hates her mom for not taking better care of herself. Tough. but true
edit on 2/22/2011 by gr82m8okdok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Yes, for the most part, people should just mind their own business.

But also, people need to stop bitching and complaining about taking consequences of their own actions:

Like people who make 13/hr and took out a mortgage on a 250k home.

Personal freedom, it goes both ways.

But I realize this is useless to talk about, people love to bitch and moan - and face facts - when you put enough people together in any given area - we tend to piss each other off.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldAsleep

OP is extremely naive. To say we shouldn't interfere with bad parenting indicates a lack of concern for the proper nurturing of an innocent child. We're all humans and we should all care for one another. If you were a small, defenseless child I'm sure you'd appreciate someone stepping in and telling your bitch of a mother to stop breathing cancerous smoke around your 5 inch lungs. I'm only responding to your bit about bad parenting because the rest of your post is nothing but an incoherent rant of an elementary (if that) child.

The problem here is there is no happy medium with those that preach this stuff, and when government gets involve they always take it to extremes. I know people that were innocents that got caught in the cross fire of zealot types of this nature.
We don't want government dictating and taking more rights away from the people. There has got to be a common ground.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

But also, people need to stop bitching and complaining about taking consequences of their own actions:

But I realize this is useless to talk about, people love to bitch and moan - and face facts - when you put enough people together in any given area - we tend to piss each other off.

This can go on and on. There is a lot more to it than we could even begin to talk about here.
It always starts at the top when it comes to being responsible, and accountable. And it takes a special type of person to admit when they are wrong, but these days most would rather be on top rather than admit to their short comings. Damn old pride always gets in the way, another is jealousy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th

Originally posted by MidnightTide

This can go on and on. There is a lot more to it than we could even begin to talk about here.
It always starts at the top when it comes to being responsible, and accountable. And it takes a special type of person to admit when they are wrong, but these days most would rather be on top rather than admit to their short comings. Damn old pride always gets in the way, another is jealousy.

Yes and no - the reason why I say this is because I took personal responsibility in my own finances. I make a reasonable income, I rent and thought about buying a house. I could afford to do so, but when looking at the numbers, and thinking about the future - I decided it was too risky to take a mortgage. My friends always say I have cash to spend, and yes I do - because I budget my money.

As I said, you can't just blame someone higher up in the food chain - you had your own decision to make....and you should have to deal with the consequences (but not saying they don't have their share of the blame, they knew what they were doing, and should be held accountable - IE: no bailout money when it comes crashing down)

(and seeing how this isn't really what the OP intended, I will leave it here)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I remember standing at a closed shopping center once watching a bunch of idiot youth try to show off for a girl. As one boy went to do some kind of trick and the rail broke skinning him up one of the others asked why I (the oldest) didn't stop him. My reply "this is natural selection and freedom at its best I prefer not to interfere with mother nature". I believe we do all have the right to make our own decision even if it means breaking a limb and learning the hard way. If you want to spoke do it, you want to drink chug it so long as it hurts no one else then why complain or interfere.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

lol i use fire fox spellchecker. blame them not me lol

Well that's because "smoker's" is a word. The apostrophe to indicate plural smokers is a grammatical error, not a spelling one.

But you know what? People should mind their own business. These posts about smoking around kids and telling me how much food I can consume - it's like they're just opinions left on a board for us all to read, you know? Why do people treat this place like some community centre where you can just gather a bunch of nameless nobody's to your cause?
edit on 22-2-2011 by windus because: don't come onto a forum if you'd rather us all mind our own business

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Great thread, People should stop trying to control people.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanterZ

Originally posted by TheAmused

smoker's should be tried for unfit parent's.
fat people should loose the right to healthcare
drunk's are not people but a shell and not worth pity.

I'm sorry, I know this if off topic, but allow me to rant. Since when is everyone using apostrophes to make things plural? That really doesn't belong there. Smoker - Smokers, not "Smoker is", which is what smoker's is.

I don't understand how so much of the internet can follow this trend so quickly. Guys, to make a noun plural, just add an s. No need for an apostrophe.

BTW, I agree with you. S&F
edit on 21-2-2011 by PlanterZ because: (no reason given)

The spelling nazis are here lol

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I wonder what percentage of Conspiracy Theorists are Libertarians...

I'm a Libertarian. Control is bad. Control is what we fight against. The true, original Conspiracy Theorist spirit includes a belief that everyone is an individual and should be free. We are not always "team players." We are the Alone, together in our individualism.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." Oliver Wendell Holmes

I believe this is a most fitting quote. As it's been stated here in this thread already... people should take note, just because you don't agree with someone else's life choices doesn't mean you should wish for the government to step in and control them. If we will people to start losing their rights, it's only a matter of time before we have opened the doors to the freedoms we treasure ourselves being taken away.

You either choose to have a free society or a totalitarian state. You can't have both for these are opposite sides of a spectrum to which there is no middle ground. S&F for the OP.

To those of you creating the negative impact threads the OP has brought up... may you all be forced to walk a mile in those other people's shoes. You cannot possibly know what makes a person choose the life choices they have chosen and I'm sure you have not lived such a pristine life that you have never made a questionable decision yourself. Leave others alone to live their own lives and stop sticking your noses in where they're most definately not needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
-- Noam Chomsky

I think these words fit.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

My theory is they have schizoid personalities and feel compelled to make themselves the center of attention; when they aren't creative enough to garner positive attention, they'll gladly settle for negative.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Nobody has the right to control or impinge upon another person's freedoms, rights, etc., which what smoking in a child's air space does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join