It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control freak's in america make me sick.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+132 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I would have thought ATS a conspiracy site would not have them considering there afraid to fart for fear the government will eat them alive.

Yet they come to ATS acting like a concerned citizen..
Saying..NO..Spewing hatred and Discontent toward HUMAN BEING'S..
LIKE...
smoker's should be tried for unfit parent's.
fat people should loose the right to healthcare
drunk's are not people but a shell and not worth pity.

All of the thread's you know well if not just do a search.

My point is all this controlling is not from the mind of a conspiracy theorist's mind.
Conspiracy theorist's do not want the government to take away your right's now do they?
Heck NO they don't...they fear it more than anything...

Yet A new group of people are trying to get fuel to there agenda..DO NOT fall for it folk's be smarter.

Even if smoking is nasty to you..it is there right to smoke.
just like if fat people make you sick ...it's there right to eat all they want as they can afford.
and same goes for the drunk.
and so on and so on.

These SO CALLED member's on ATS are baiting you for there agenda.

Do you guy's not understand...
You take away a smoker's right's claim there unfit parent's...
Next you opened a doorway for far more implication's...and the government will use the chance.

Remember folk's stop trying to control anyone.
The Shyt is not right period!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I never read those threads ,if i wanted to here about all that i would watch some crappy currrent affairs tabloid ,which i wouldnt do anyway.Good stuff op you are rockin in the free world

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You got MY vote..which isn't much. I'm getting tired of how I should think and feel or I'm a bad person and not WORTHY to have an opinion.
Starting to grate my nerves. And I read the thread..and go wait...WTF are you?

Good point.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
those ppl come with good intentions, but sometimes we think we know what's best for others.

+45 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I read thread while drinking a cold bud and smoking a cig on my porch. prior to my smoke and cold bud i fixed supper for my 4 kids then helped them with homework, consoled one daughter as she just broke up with her boyfriend, then played the wii with the kids then tucked them into bed all clothed,fed, and sheltered. I should be tarred and feathered...S&F

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

smoker's should be tried for unfit parent's.
fat people should loose the right to healthcare
drunk's are not people but a shell and not worth pity.

I'm sorry, I know this if off topic, but allow me to rant. Since when is everyone using apostrophes to make things plural? That really doesn't belong there. Smoker - Smokers, not "Smoker is", which is what smoker's is.

I don't understand how so much of the internet can follow this trend so quickly. Guys, to make a noun plural, just add an s. No need for an apostrophe.

BTW, I agree with you. S&F
edit on 21-2-2011 by PlanterZ because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm with you.

To each their own. You can be a vampire, atheist, liberal, conservative, muslim, Christian, Satanist, witch, smoker, overweight, smoke any herb you want to, eat any food you want to - I don't care, just leave me alone.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The smokers being 'unfit parents' thread is awful.

Here is what I think:

If people would mind their own damn business, everyone would be better for it. We don't have to like or agree with everything our neighbor does. We also don't have to bash them over everything we don't agree with. If we were minding our own business in the first place, it wouldn't be a problem.

Live and let live. Whatever happened to that?

S&F

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Here hear, well said.
S&F for a well thought thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanterZ

lol i use fire fox spellchecker.
blame them not me lol

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by PlanterZ

lol i use fire fox spellchecker.
blame them not me lol

Lol I shall!

DAMN YOU FIREFOOOOOOOX!
edit on 21-2-2011 by PlanterZ because: (had to make it more dramaaaaaatic)

edit on 21-2-2011 by PlanterZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

In agreement with ya buddy! I'll admit that I hate cigarette smoke, but it's because I'm allergic to it, but instead of bitching and griping and complaining about it, I stay away from it. To each their own and power to the people! the control freaks on here are getting old real fast. People really should learn how to control themselves instead of trying to control everyone else. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but that doesn't mean everybody else should have to abide by said opinion. There are far too many people on here who think the world revolves around them and they just keep on coming out of the woodwork. I'm a very nice person and I can almost always disagree with someone peacefully, but lately there have been a few that have just brought out the worst in me and my inner bitch came screaming out with claws and fangs, hehehe.

S&F for speaking up!

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
All of these examples are mostly from elitist folks who reside in imaginary ivory towers.

This is only one of the reasons why our society is collapsing like a deck of cheap cards. Too many people walking around secure in their ASSumptions that they alone are head and shoulders above the rest of us peasants.With an inflated ego, they feel as if they can dole out unwanted advice and make decisions for the rest of us who are not fit to leave the house without a muzzle and leash.

With attitudes like that, I wonder how Big Brother is not more far reaching than it currently is IMO.

A "nanny "state with way too many "nanny" citizens.
edit on 2/21/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Star and Flag for you!

Sometimes I open a thread and just
Yes I know I have power over what I read or not read, but sometimes my head just spins. Kinda makes me wonder where all the grown ups are around here.

Anywhoo, wonderful rant, very spot on, and maybe if we corral the kiddos into one area, the grown ups can continue on with interesting conversations.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
thank you for this post now govt climb off my back

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
you put exactly what I was thinking into better words than I could.

it's quite simply arrogance to be willing to use violence (for in many ways that's what laws are.) to control people “for their own good.”

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Ok i completely agree that people should be able to do what they please 100% however lets look at this from a different prospective.

Firstly im from the UK so our health care works alot differently to yours in America......for now. But soon you will be faced with the same dilemma the british tax payer has faced for years.

Lets take smoking. Now your are 100% correct, if i want to smoke i should be allowed to smoke and no one can tell me different. the problem here is responsibility. if you choose to take the risk and start smoking then it should be you who faces the consequences of the effects. this goes for eating, drinking, drugs and gambling. our taxes are sky high and billions are used every year to help people stop smoking or pay for medical treatment brought on by smoking.the same for obisity and drinking. Now you cant have the best of both worlds. if its your choice to start eating yourself to death then why should i have to pay for your recovery because you hit a point when the doctor says loose weight or you will die or your sick of people calling you fatty.
Hear in the Uk there is a massive culture of people using there vices to leech of the goverment and cost the general public money.

Here is a prime example.

Now if im unemployed i can claim something called JSA (job seekers allowance) which works out at exactly £66 per week ( im not sure what that is in dollars). For this i have to attend a meeting once a week and prove to the goverment im activley looking for employment. They can stop any benefit i am entitled to if they have any sort of evidence im not looking for a job. Now the amount of time you are allowed on JSA depends on your tax contribution made from the previous tax year. on average this will last 6 months tops before you have to appeal to continue receiving benefits.

Ok so this time im an alcoholic. Again im not working but i go on benefits but not JSA because im an alcoholic so im not looking for work. Now i get paid £20 more per week to help cover my addiction because they believe i would use my normal £66 to fund my habbit. I also dont have to actively look for work just attend a review every 3 months. Im offered counceling, and free health care paid by the taxes working people pay. Even tho i have not worked in years i never have to worry about being cut off.

Next point is parenting. Now the post about smokers being bad parents is just stupid and not even worth considering but lets change smokers for herion or crack addict. Now its there choice to use herion and the lifestyle that comes with it but i know 100% if you asked anyone on the street if a fully blown herion addict should have a baby or would be a good parent there response would be HELL NO!. This is not opinion but FACT based on years of studies done by groups like the NSPCC ( national society for protection from cruelty to children) and barnados.

We have just had a massive debate in the UK because they are now offering drug addicts money to have the snip so they cant have children. Some say its wrong others right but again its there choice.

I will finish with this statement. Again i agree people should have 100% control on there own choices in life but they should also have 100% of the effects there choices have on there life.

All the best

Helgas

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Its all part of the big game, or the social paradigm of our times or whatever you will call it. Pit the stupid idiots not in power against one another then we can take everything we want! I honestly believe with all of my being that we were meant for more than just being angry consumer drones beholden to others... be it government, religion etc.

However, I also believe that the current paradigm is entering its death rattles. People are starting to wake up and look at the world as it could be instead of how it is. There is hope, always hope.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

These SO CALLED member's on ATS are baiting you for there agenda.

To clarify all ATS members, regardless of opinion, are full members with the same right to express their thoughts as anyone else.

Regarding the OP. I agree wholeheartedly, to an extent. But this is a very divisive subject that falls into the slippery slope category. For each "control freak" on ATS, I can also point you to other members who are full-on anarchists, who rebel against any and all rule of law.

However I do agree with the OP's disgust at any and all attempts to marginalize other human beings based upon any and all labels or demographics. I learned a long time ago that wise men judge and punish behaviors, fools seek to judge and punish other people.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join