It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leader Of Egyptian Unions To Wisconsin Protesters: ‘We Stand With You As You Stood With Us’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree, It's good thing to see people undivided

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Elzon

Many of these tactics have their place in politics. I can fully understand lawmakers filibustering or fleeing their duties in order to buy some time for the voice of the people to be heard or to allow for ample debate time on the issue.

Thanks for your comments.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The Egyptians most likely view the US government (no matter which entity) as the evil puppet masters that propped up their tyrant all these years. They see the need to support the protesters as a way to continue to protest the old regime. To them the american government is the old regime.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.thedailyshow.com...

I don't often agree with John Stewart, but he is darned funny.

He says it best.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The Egyptians most likely view the US government (no matter which entity) as the evil puppet masters that propped up their tyrant all these years. They see the need to support the protesters as a way to continue to protest the old regime. To them the american government is the old regime.

And what part of that isn't true? The US government WAS the evil puppet master that propped up Mubaraks for 30 years and paid him hundreds of billions of dollars to keep him right where he was. Imagine what this country could have done had we simply kept that money for ourselves. In fact imagine is we stopped trying to pay off all the corrupt governments and petty dictators with our tax dollars, which to date probably numbers in the trillions, where would we be debt-wise then? What if we only half as much on our defense budget, currently at 700 billion + per year, which exceeds every other nation on earth combined by a huge percentage? What would all the state governments do with smaller federal taxes, or another 350 billion a year to held them with their budget shortfalls.

So the Egyptians clearly DO see the US regime as the same as the old regime, because it IS.

The US debt is a manufactured debt, designed to keep you serfs in your place. Walker in Wisconsin is using it as an excuse to steal the rights of workers to collectively bargain, which is about the ONLY tool they have to keep themselves from being mercilessly exploited. This isn't about WI budget, as the unions have already agreed to the concessions, which Walker has refused, he want's their rights too, and that makes this much more like Egypt then the corporate fat heads in the right-wing media would have you believe.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

They will have to tax small businesses more as well as the individuals that own them. The small businesses will have to raise prices and lay off workers to adjust for this to stay in business. As the economy worsens and the businesses close down unemployment will skyrocket.

See but I think you look at the equation the wrong way... The money an average person shells out every month
IS the backbone of our economy. I spend damn near 100% of the money I earn every month, who do you think receives that money? Who do you think hurts FIRST when they source of money is lessened? Business's close down when they have less income, economies contract when everyday customers cannot purchase... Apply this notion to a Hundred thousand people or more... Not only does this effect patronage, but it reduces state income which further compounds the problem.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes. I saw that. And covered it. But thanks for the link

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

And what part of that isn't true? The US government WAS the evil puppet master that propped up Mubaraks for 30 years and paid him hundreds of billions of dollars to keep him right where he was. Imagine what this country could have done had we simply kept that money for ourselves. In fact imagine is we stopped trying to pay off all the corrupt governments and petty dictators with our tax dollars, which to date probably numbers in the trillions, where would we be debt-wise then? What if we only half as much on our defense budget, currently at 700 billion + per year, which exceeds every other nation on earth combined by a huge percentage? What would all the state governments do with smaller federal taxes, or another 350 billion a year to held them with their budget shortfalls.

So the Egyptians clearly DO see the US regime as the same as the old regime, because it IS.

The US debt is a manufactured debt, designed to keep you serfs in your place. Walker in Wisconsin is using it as an excuse to steal the rights of workers to collectively bargain, which is about the ONLY tool they have to keep themselves from being mercilessly exploited. This isn't about WI budget, as the unions have already agreed to the concessions, which Walker has refused, he want's their rights too, and that makes this much more like Egypt then the corporate fat heads in the right-wing media would have you believe.

Glad you agree with me. My previous post was to show many of your points, but not as in as many words.

I agree that our defense budget needs to be cut, but unfortunately Wisconsin's budget has nothing to do with that. Please contact your own US representatives and tell them to support those cuts.

Walker is out to fix his states budget and keep his state from getting in that same shape again. I don't necessarily support his stand on unions, but I do support his stand on cost cutting.

Walker has done a good job explaining his stance on the cuts, but has not done a good job explaining the need to change the collective bargaining rules.

edit on 22-2-2011 by EssenceOfSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The yearly average income of an Egyptian was $5400.00 as of 2008. The teachers who are protesting from Wisconsin are raking in around $100,000.00 yearly if you include benefits. Those protesters have very little in common with those of North Africa and the Middle East. We as Americans have grown fat, spoiled and lazy and if solidarity is at hand I hope it's under a different premise.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Before you run all crazy with this ...

Oh, see it's too late.

Anyway, consider how difficult it would be to get 1 or even 25 Egyptians - do we have proof they are actually Egyptians? - to make such a statement.

Exactly what does that tiny group saying this prove? What is the significance?

Turn it around.

I'm pretty sure I could get 10 people where I live to take a picture or make a video with some signs saying, "You go, Egyptians!" But so what? Why bother?

And if we did it all in English, how many Egyptians would even know what we said?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WALLYWORLD

Member is on ATS now.

P 3 F 0 S 0
W 0.01 K 7

o go to profile
o add as friend
o make rival
o view posts
o view threads
o posts in thread
o send message
o ALERT!

give this post a star
posted on 22-2-2011 @ 08:21 PM this post
In regards to the financial crisis: If sacrifice must be made, and indeed it needs to be, let it start with the leaders who have led us down this path. Let those who call out for the people to reduce and accept their standard of living to do so first. Cut your pay and standard of living and health and retirement benefits in half until this country is profitable. Tax across the board in a PROPORTIONAL REPRESENTATION.... IN RELATIONSHIP TO INCOME. I.E. 15 % FLAT TAX ON 40,000.00 YR.INCOME. FOR EVERYTHING PURCHASED .........SO IF I MAKE 40,000.00 A YEAR AND BUY 100.00 IN GAS TO FILL MY TANK I PAY AN ADDITIONAL 60.00 TAX BASED ON MY INCOME. NOW, IF SOMEONE MAKES 80,000.00 A YEAR AND BUYS THAT SAME 100.00 THEY PAY 120.00 ADDITIONAL IN TAX FOR THAT SAME TANK OF GAS. SIMPLE. PROPORTIONAL REPRESENTATION. BASED ON INCOME=PR=1.618.....OTHERWISE KNOW AS THE GOLDEN RULE........LETS SEE HOW MUCH CAKE THERE IS TO GO AROUND.......LEAD BY EXAMPLE FROM THE TOP DOWN...NOT THE BOTTOM UP.......LET THERE BE TRUE LEADERSHIP AND SACRIFICE ...........STARTING WITH OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS............ARE YOU WITH ME HERE?...........

signature:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join