It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sporting mishaps...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
A Moroccan cup game, penalty shoot-out, the goalkeeper thinks he's ''saved'' the ball, amid a moment of chest beating celebration towards the fans, the ball spins back over the line !

Please post your videos of ''uh-oh'' moments in sport, and interesting, embarrassing, or remarkable incidents that have occurred in sporting history...

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
1993... Graham Gooch is out for 133, due to one of the rarest dismissals in cricket: ''Handled the ball''.

Merv Hughes is the bowler.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was here this day in 1984. Moron dropped the ball righ over the tryline !!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You can say double KO's are a mishap i guess. I seen this a while ago and its one of the weirdest double KO's I have seen, only because the fighters kind of look like each other in there physical body physique, and way they move and punch. At least from the vids I have seen of them from this fight, which was a short fight at that.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WormTyrant

LOL.

Yes, that's exactly the kind of stuff that I'm looking for.

For those with short attention spans, the ''mishap'' occurs at 2:20 into the video.

And for those in the US, the reason why this is funny, is because, in rugby, you have to touch the ball down when you cross over the try-line to score the points.

Not like American football where you score a ''touchdown'' by, er, not touching the ball down.

You mention that you were there: I'm guessing that, by your comments about the
ball dropper, that you must be a Canterbury fan !
I hope you weren't one of those fans who were mindlessly waving their blue and white flags immediately after the ''knock-on'' !

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Yes, double KOs are certainly a mishap, and that's exactly the kind of video that I'm looking for in this thread. Thanks.

I'm not really a huge UFC fan, so how do they actually judge the winner of the fight in these circumstances ?

It seems to me that the guy on the right came off marginally better in the double knock-out, but I doubt that that would factor in to the judges considerations.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I'm not really a huge UFC fan, so how do they actually judge the winner of the fight in these circumstances ?

I do believe officially there gonna call it a no contest. But you can pretty much call it whatever you want. You can say it's a draw, or you can say that they both lost, and it really would be saying pretty much the same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Fn hillarious. I had something similar to this happen to me in High school. A guy took a Free kick from the half and I was caught out between the PK spot and the 18. So I started back peddling like a maniac and finally dove back and punched the ball straight up into the crossbar, causing it to rocket back down into my face and back into the goal. We won 4-1 but it was still embarasing as hell. I wonder if anyone has that on tape?

top topics

join