It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgraced Former Tea Party Leader Calls On Right-Wing Activists To Pose As SEIU Organizers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is about Mark Williams. If this is true, and it looks as if it may POSSIBLY be, if you follow all the links and threads, this is sickening.

Again, please follow all the links and threads in this story. You will see other Tea Party sites saying they saw what he said and do not condone it. www.patriotactionnetwork.com... (I have a screen cap should this disappear).

Williams lays out a highly dishonest and fairly involved scheme to have “plants” sign up on the SEIU website to be organizers for an upcoming rally, dress up in SEIU shirts, and to then make outrageous comments to reporters covering the events in order to “make the gathering look as greedy and goonish as we know that it is”:

That link will take you to an SEIU page where you can sign up as an “organizer” for one of their upcoming major rallies to support the union goons in Wisconsin. Here is what I am doing in Sacramento, where they are holding a 5:30 PM event this coming Tuesday: (1) I signed up as an organizer (2) with any luck they will contact me and I will have an “in” (3) in or not I will be there and am asking as many other people as can get there to come with, all of us in SEIU shirts (those who don’t have them we can possibly buy some from vendors likely to be there) (4) we are going to target the many TV cameras and reporters looking for comments from the members there (5) we will approach the cameras to make good pictures… signs under our shirts that say things like “screw the taxpayer!” and “you OWE me!” to be pulled out for the camera (timing is important because the signs will be taken away from us. [...]

Our goal is to make the gathering look as greedy and goonish as we know that it is, ding their credibility with the media and exploit the lazy reporters who just want dramatic shots and outrageous quotes for headlines. Even if it becomes known that we are plants the quotes and pictures will linger as defacto truth.

Williams is even hoping to make a few bucks off the idea, asking readers to “Please contribute!!!” as “I need to travel beyond Sacramento to the other SEIU rally cities and then Madison, and in short order!”
thinkprogress.org...

I don't have anything else to add at this time.

edit on 2/21/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Why would he think he needs to do that? There's always enough loose cannons in any organization to do things that would discredit the organization they belong to. This Williams guy seems to be one of those loose cannons himself, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

There might be more than a few loose cannons out there, and one of them may get people killed.

new topics

join