It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Pimander

I had no idea that being logical was the same as being hateful. Can you expand upon that?

If you were being logical I would agree. Unfortunately you aren't.

For the contention of the OP to be testable you have to ASSUME that everything in your post MUST be true. However, it isn't in any way proved. It isn't even beyond being imagined.

You do not have to "assume" that everything in the OP "must be true" to test a hypothesis. Again this is bunk. You are clearly not a scientist in even the loosest sense of the word. If anything is proven it isn't a theory it is a fact. The hypothesis comes first and then the testing. Evidence that comes to light is examined which may of may not support the hypothesis.

A hypothesis can be testable as long as there is the possibility that it can be supported by evidence. In this case it can. You may not like the idea that it really is testable. However, any intelligent person reading this can see that it is.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1
Are now you got it right. It is a hypothesis, yes and a good one. It is not a theory. There is a big difference.

No worries, I am happy to have my theory/hypothesis open to criticism. I am a big blue brain not a big blue ego. I just prefer the criticism to make sense.

I have included the definitions of a theory and of a hypothesis in case anyone else is confused.

Theory: a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
dictionary.reference.com...

I think that would apply to my conjectures about dinosaurs.

Hypothesis: a proposition assumed as a premise in an argument.
dictionary.reference.com...

Which would also apply to what I am saying.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Not sure if this was mentioned earlier. But this appears similar to an idea that was brought up in an episode of Star Trek Voyager.

A saurian scientist finds the remains of a Voyager crewman who died on the planet where the crew was exiled by the Kazon during the two-part episode "Basics". An analysis of the remains' DNA shows links to his own DNA. While tracking and studying the Voyager crew, the scientist and his aide are discovered; they eventually pool their knowledge and conclude that the saurian is an evolved dinosaur from a species that left Earth more than 65 million years earlier. The scientist is thrilled to be able to prove his Distant Origin theory (that his saurian race originated elsewhere in the galaxy), but the rulers of his society place him on trial for heresy against the doctrinal teachings of their heritage, the central tenet being that they originated in the Delta Quadrant. The outcome of that trial threatens the Voyager crew as well.

SOURCE: www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm not a scientist.

And you've clearly never had any training in logical thought.

Mistaking teaching for methodology for actual logic is a tragic problem currently. There is a presumption that being taught a methodical process inherently teaches one to elude logical fallacies. This is just not so.

You've presumed that your original hypothesis is correct, and then added further story upon it to make it seem like truth.

This is an example of making something true by vividness. Then using that fallacy of vividness to as a post-hoc proof. Not the only logic problems with it, but it is fairly obvious ones.

Your proving your consequent arguments based on unsupported hypothesis, making the original contention - that dinosaurs developed into humanoids - seem like it is proved.
edit on 2011/2/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sn0MaN
I've actually theorized this myself. Just because dinosaurs have been extinct for some
time now, who's to say that they were not intelligent beings? Another theory that I've had
for a while and is becoming more widespread with newly discovered evidence is, how do we
know they were even covered in scales? If anything, I believe that most prehistoric dinosaurs
were covered in feathers. Their skeletal remains even look more like modern day birds, than
they do reptiles. We have proof today that the DNA found in chickens can be genetically
altered to grow scales or feathers, depending on how the cellular DNA is manipulated. Also,
look at ancient "Gods" like Quetzalcoatl, who was supposedly a feathered reptilian. History
also refers to "Giants" that lived among us. I can think of no better evidence than dinosaur
bones as proof that giants did roam the earth.
edit on 2/22/2011 by Sn0MaN because: grammar

Thank you. I too came across this evidence during my research on this, and it is evident that not only do Reptilians do exist, but they have been manipulating our DNA and their own for many years now, trying to control us, and trying to make themselves more human. It all just fits. And it begs the question, the one that simply will not go away....Were Humans Created by Reptilians?
I am want to believe that something is going on here, too many questions, too much evidence, and no real solid answers.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This reminds me of an Star Trek Voyger episode, can't remember which episode or season.

..where they find a reptilian race far out in another unexplored section of the galaxy. They find out that those reptilians came from earth 65 million years ago, they escaped before the extinction event happened. But that was so long ago, that they developed a new religion since then, which says they where born in that corner of the galaxy they now inhabit...only some of their scientists dear speak of it - I think it was forbidden or something to even mention it.

Kind of cool episode
Maybe something similar did happen afterall

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You've presumed that your original hypothesis is correct, and then added further story upon it to make it seem like truth.

No I have not assumed that the hypothesis is correct. I have said it is viable.

Either you haven't read the thread, you are trying to ruin it by making straw man arguments or you are deliberately misrepresenting my comments. I don't care which is true but I'm not going to engage with further nonsense - if you have a real contribution to make then go ahead.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Viable means it lives. It doesn't it's not even a ghost. It's a story about a ghost that might have been a ghost if the original person had existed at all.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jericho-X
This reminds me of an Star Trek Voyger episode, can't remember which episode or season.

I hadn't seen the episode, although know that the idea has been discussed before. This was my attempt to present the idea clearly and show that it is entirely possible within the bounds of science.

One of the members told me which episode it is. I have watched part one and it looks quite good and gives us a clue as to why human origins are such a sensitive subject.

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This topic, begs the question: What is the ratio between the reptoid humanoids, the grays and homo sapien types; not only in our galaxy, but the whole universe?
edit on 27-2-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling error

edit on 27-2-2011 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Welcome to the thread autowrench,

I was aware that similar topics had been discussed before. Dinosaurs though, are not reptiles. This thread is not about reptilians. The theories are related but not the same.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I have heard this theory before but there are several arguments saying thatall animals evolving to become a hmanoid body form being the ideal stage for advanced intelligance is a very old way or self centered veiws of evolutionary thinking. on the other hand there are some people who point out that this structure allows ideal placing of sensery recepters as well as ideal placing of limbs. as well as humanoid structure limbs are more ideal for manipulating

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnuraOne
I think the lady at the end nailed it when she said that it is rather arrogant to think that the endpoint of evolution is the human being. I could not have said it better.

That point has already been covered earlier in the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here.

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I'm aware that being the most evolved does not mean being the most intelligent. If I recall, monkeys are more evolved than we're. But we're more intelligent....(snip)...But you would expect that, on average, more evolved life would have a few examples of very intelligent life. And, more likely, that life is older than us.

I'm not trying to be rude here. However you don't understand evolutionary theory so debating with you on this is difficult. See links above

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

As far as I have been told the most popular belief is that Dinosaurs are or were cold-blooded. This makes it hard for them to go under ground if they need sun.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

I have heard this theory before but there are several arguments saying thatall animals evolving to become a hmanoid body form being the ideal stage for advanced intelligance is a very old way or self centered veiws of evolutionary thinking.

This has also been covered earlier in the thread.

Originally posted by Pimander
....I do not see why any of that would mean there is not a good chance a bipedal (many dinosaurs were bipedal) large brained (there brain size relative to their bodies has been shown to have got greater through time), linguistically advanced (birds came from them) dinosaur with an opposable thumb (we know some had them) could have evolved.

Evolution frequently finds similar ways to adapt to the same environmental challenges. A good example is the number of traits sharks and dolphins share. Sharks evolved from a fish and dolphins evolved from a dog like mammal. They have adapted to their environment in similar ways despite starting from completely different places.
edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slipdig1

As far as I have been told the most popular belief is that Dinosaurs are or were cold-blooded. This makes it hard for them to go under ground if they need sun.

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: mend video

The comments in that video also indicate that a warm blooded species would be well equipped to survive a cooling of the planet such as would occur after a meteor strike.

Off topic: I have to admit to finding the lady in that Horizon documentary irresistible. Yum. I'd like to bump in to her at a conference. I have a feeling we may have lots in common. If you're reading this then drop me a line...

edit on 28/2/11 by Pimander because: add off topic

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
I first heard this theory on an episode of Star Trek Voyager where they encountered a race of "dinosapians" and learned that they originated from Earth as well. It was probably one of my favorite episodes of the entire series because the concept was so intriguing to me. In the grand scheme of things, humans seemed to have evolved rather quickly, so it doesn't seem impossible that another species could have evolved to the same level of intelligence that we are currently at, or beyond, before the human race was ever around.

However, there are just too many questions that bother me. Look at how our species has dominated the entire planet. Nearly every where you look, except in the most remote of places, you see evidence of our existance. Our garbage litters the land, our roads and power lines and subway systems snake all over the planet; our satellites and space junk fill the sky; our monuments (like Mt. Rushmore) leave rather permanent reminders of our existence behind.

I do realize that after millions of years, our buildings would crumble, our bridges would corrode and collapse, our cities would be swallowed up by vegetation and our scars on the land would be weathered away...however, surely there would be SOMETHING left behind from another advanced civilization. Remnants of wiring or bottles or what-have-you, things that do not easily corrode or degrade, underground bunkers...I just can't believe that we haven't found any remnants of another technologically-advanced civilization. More over, where is the fossil evidence? Hundreds and hundreds of species of dinosaurs have been found. Millions of fossils. Yet there seem to be no fossils of these "evolved" species which, having been a species advanced enough to leave the planet, surely would have colonized the entire Earth and possibly our neighboring moon as well. No fossil evidence of the end result, or the transition from simple dinosaur to advanced, anthropomorphic, intelligent species.

It is a really fun and thought-provoking theory, but the evidence which should be present if such a situation really existed seems to be incredibly lacking.

lol @ the Super Mario movie where the dinos were more evolved than man but were sent to the next dimension after the meteor hit and found their way back to our/their dimension

edit on 28-2-2011 by Wide Awake R U because: bc i effd up big bang and dimension.. we cant have that now!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A awesome topic one that brought me to ATS originally. I do enjoy it and hope to hear more debate on it. It is completely possible in theory that this could have happened.

This is kind of my thinking on Aliens though I believe they have returned once already to check up on us. With the Egyptians and the Mayans etc. Just a thought I have. I dont believe them to be from another planet unless it came from here as of right now. Space is far to huge. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks for getting me to think about this with all the tough questions. I'm off on my holiday now. Any questions will not get reply until I return.

All the best ATS members. Love you all...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I love this thread! This is exactly the kind of stuff you can learn and watch about if you tune into the history channel, science channel, discovery and even the military channel. They have mapped every point of and within DNA and can chnage what they want for Humans, Cows, Chickens, Frogs, Monkeys, Snakes and a few more. All they do is apply a liquid solution that activates certain genes at certain stages of the embryonic growth. with chickens they can turn feathers into scales, but only if "scales" are present. They can apply the solution and make it so a Human has a tail that protrudes from the skin and is usable. [Happy Wag anyone?]. Anyway's my point is we have not and will not be the only intelligent life on this planet that have the brain power to solve problems and gain wisdom from solving those problems. This post should go on a page for ATS for BEST THREADS EVER! May help in gaining some more traffic and members.
edit on 2-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join