It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Originally posted by Pimander

Could a Humanoid Dinosaur Survive The Mass Extinction?

What if we assume our hypothetical Anthroposaurus did exist. If the species were around for a little longer than modern humans, maybe they developed technology? After 65 million years it is highly unlikely that it would be recognisable, even if anything of it remained.

I cannot agree with you on this point. We find fossils because animals died and did not move, allowing deposits of sandstone and limestone and so on, to cover them and preserve them. Now bare in mind that these are mere mortal creatures, flesh and blood , just like mankind , and thier bones and even the markers of thier skin, survive even to this day, buried in obscure landscapes all over the world, waiting to be dug up. If an anthropomorphised dinosaur humanoid race had existed to the point where they had technology of any sort whatsoever, there would be evidence of this somewhere in archaeological record, since technological constructs are invariably more durable than the flesh of thier creators.

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
The proof is the fossil record we do have from that period. So it would also be likely that we would find (or have already and assuming my last statement, a cover-up) fossils of these bipeds.

Sorry guys, but you are wrong on this. Humans dispose of their bodies without allowing for fossilisation. So could dinosauroids.

In 65 million years what would there be of modern humans? Not a lot. There is practically no geological processes happening to human remains that will lead to them becoming fossilised. If there are examples they are extremely rare and would be incredibly rare in 65million years and probably not be discovered. Most fossilisation occurs in shallow water. That is exactly where human(oid) bodies are NOT disposed of.

As for evidence of the civilisation like archaeological remains such as technology or buildings - we are talking 65million years, not 6,500 (the older Egyptian). In 650,000 years there would be maybe a traces (and I mean traces) of stone materials which would be subject to erosion like everything else on Earth. 6.5 million years? Even less. Ten times that? There would be no corrodible metals or fibres. Most plastics would have been consumed by bacteria. Probably very few fossils as I said.

To repeat my statement earlier we are talking at least 10,000 times as long ago as First Dynasty ancient Egypt. The length of time since ancient Egypt ten thousand times.
edit on 23/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Great thread, It could be possible they still find humanoid bones older then Lucy maybe one day the link will be made ?

again. just as long as its not this guy Phil Harding, hes been a big headed gloating fool ever since he found his real dinosauridhomonid, whilst out looking for Roman pottery in Sussex.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bda3cb5eac77.jpg[/atsimg]

if he found fossilized dinobipeds remains , there wouldnt be a hd camera big enough to get his big fat cornish head on the screen.

funbox

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

If an anthropomorphised dinosaur humanoid race had existed to the point where they had technology of any sort whatsoever, there would be evidence of this somewhere in archaeological record, since technological constructs are invariably more durable than the flesh of thier creators.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21a3763e78f2.jpg[/atsimg]

The London Artifact was found near London, Texas in Kimball County. The site is part of a large geographical zone called the Edwards Plateau. It primarily consists of Cretaceous rock. In June of 1934, Max Hahn discovered a rock, sitting loose on a rock ledge beside a waterfall outside London, Texas.
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The cretaceous is exactly when the postulated dinosauriods would have existed. There are books full of anomolous evidence.

I know, this may not be the real deal. But the idea that lots of evidence has been ignored by modern science is not a new one.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

What part of the Humanoid reptile is that supposed to be though? An analogue to the femur bone?

edit: Or is it supposed to be some sort of working implement?
edit on 23-2-2011 by FTD Brat because: *see above*

edit: We find new dinosaurs all the time, so who's to say there isn't a humanoid one out there?
New "Thunder Thighs" Dinosaur

edit on 23-2-2011 by FTD Brat because: added link

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

It is an example of possible anomalous evidence of technology in the cretaceous period which ended 65 million years ago with the alleged extinction of the dinosaurs. I this is real, who was using hammers back then?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Why the greys that built the Sphinx, of course!

On a serious note, that is a very interesting find. I'm surprised I've never heard of it before, but that's why I'm on ATS in the first place. Perhaps there were types of dinosaurs that were able to use implements similar to the way modern primates do.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by realitybytes

This is a pretty good thread and something I've thought about for a while. To me it seems, well, rather ludicrous to think that this small ball of rock. orbiting our small star, 30 light years from the core, surrounded by a 100 billion stars would be visited by passing aliens just to mutilate our cattle and stick probes inside abductees. Whenever UFOs are witnessed they seem awefully small for any kind of long distance travel and I hate the explanation that there is some huge mothership lurking just out of sight, of course, it's possible, just an extremely remote possibility.

You or I might find it rather ludicrous to travel 30 light years only to mutilate cattle and install probes in humans but YOU are not an alien ( or are you?) and therefore cannot possibly imagine the thoughts behind their actions or their reasons for doing things.

I recommend "The Threat" by David M. Jacobs, a book on abductees' accounts of their experiences with aliens and on board UFOs mostly taken by hypnotic regression.

Furthermore, who's to say what kind of tech the aliens have? Maybe their ships can teleport or take wormholes through space and time to get here or even bend reality itself. Remember to keep an open mind about such things because the prejudices and contamination of the physical rules we have learned as we have grown up really do prevent us from learning sometimes.

(Also, the laws of physics break down inside a black hole so whenever someone says "that's physically impossible" or some such, I lolz)

Anyway, we must keep open minds if we truly want to solve the mysteries surrounding us!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

You are ignoring some pretty key points. First, it is NOT the case that fossilisation only occured when a body was lying in shallow water. Thats utter bunkum. Its true that the majority of incidents of fossilisation occured that way, but thats a big stretch from saying its the only way it ever happened.
Furthermore, you seem to have ignored the fact that back in the mists of time there WERE geological processes at work which would have pretty effectively sealed the artifacts you would expect to see, off from errosion . Of course I am talking about the metal frames of buildings and manufacturing equipment , on a par with or more advanced than our own.
If buried under the ash from a cloud sent up by a comet strike , or for that matter a cataclysmic volcanic incident (which ever you prefer as the ELE that ended dinosaur life) then at least the mineral remains required to IDENTIFY the remains as architectural would STILL remain, even now. They might be unrecognisable to a lummox , but to anyone who has an eye for either palentology or archaeology, they would be a noteworthy find.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Good thoery, but some of you may remember the same type of thing covered on Star Trek Voyager about 12 years ago?

The crew ran in to some bi-pedal Reptilians in the Deltra quadrant, who were descendants of a group of Dinosaurs that had left our planet millions of years ago, or something to that effect anyway. I can't really remember the ins and outs, but it was classic sci-fi story telling and really made me think. The Reptillians that are supposed to be the dominant species in our part of the Milky Way are thought to believe that Earth is the original home, so who Knows?

If Richar D hall's Richplanet.net/Starship show is to be believed that is

edit on 24-2-2011 by crazydude76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

First, it is NOT the case that fossilisation only occured when a body was lying in shallow water. Thats utter bunkum. Its true that the majority of incidents of fossilisation occured that way...

emphasis mine

The part in bold is what I said...

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this. The whole planed was not covered with enough dust to preserve buildings (the dinosauroids may have dwelt mainly underground anyway). The extinction was caused due to too much dust in the atmosphere[/] causing global cooling.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
quality thinkin m8ty, in my opinion i would say its quite possible and i agree 65 million years could of wiped out most traces`of anything.....have you ever watch life after people?, it was on the history channel i think, that basically said that after about 10 million years there would be no trace left, well done with the post

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Alright. Isn't this planet of the apes type of sci-fi scenario?

I'm sure somebody commented on that already.

But picture this... besides being the movie planet of the apes, it's also a popular 80's cartoon! "Dinosaucers"

Good sci-fi though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Are you asking if the Voth are real? From Star Trek?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

For the record, I hadn't seen the Star Trek version of 'Dinosauroids'. However I am aware that the idea has been mentioned before.

With this thread, I was trying to highlight the fact that - despite not having proof - the theory is scientifically viable. I genuinely believe that this idea should be taken more seriously.

Let me just add this thought to the mix. Surely, a species that can visit Earth, breath our air and shares so many traits with known Earthly species is more likely to be from Earth that another dimension or planet. It makes a lot of sense to me....

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Okay - but now as a piece of supporting fact for this idea you need me to think that there ARE humanoid reptiles that are real and you are just trying to figure out where they came from.

I mean, its a great story. I'm fascinating so many people believe it.

But it is illogical to presume that there are reptile humans who are here and therefore you need to find where they came from. Needing to find out where your imaginary friend came from, because you have an imaginary friend is an interesting creative exercise - but not a logical one.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sorry, but the premise of this thread rests almost entirely on the idea that reptiles would have necessarily followed the course of evolution that man followed before evolving from his mammallian ancestors.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Okay - if they did exist and there where "reptilians" I'd be happy to follow that.

So - are you saying that this is just a creative experiment a-la Star Trek Voths, or are you predicating that reptilitians came from Earth because you assume that there are reptililians?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Soooo..... there isn't actually any evidence to back up OP's claim.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Very interesting!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

erhem.... pyramids around the world... crop circles... duh. *michael knives throws pokeball* MK: "Get him blastoise... use hydro cannon." *SUPER EFFECTIVE* charizard faints. MK: "thats what you get from leaving a remark like that... evidence that they are here. The government is the one that says there is no evidence and you really believe that? Um no slaves with simple tools during a time when the pulley system wasn't even invented built pyramids out of huge rocks that modern equipment can't even move today... I bet you think the planet is 5000 years old. Seriously.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join