It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1
There are a lot of stories told of people accidentally discovering underground caves which run endlessly deep, and they run into large reptilian humanoid beings. I wouldn't discount the possibility that these beings started as top-siders, and moved underground millions of years ago. Thus, little or no fossile record. You know what they say, truth can be stranger than fiction. Just sayin'.

I would have to wonder why they would all go underground, though? To avoid whatever catastrophe wiped out the dinosaurs? If that's the case, you'd still think that they would have re-emerged from underground after things settled down, long before we humans evolved. I suppose it is possible that fear was bred into them that kept them from ever leaving their underground safehold, but since we humans have such natural curiosity, it seems natural that they would want to re-emerge, see what's outside and recolonize once things were safe up above. I also may be narrow-minded, but I find it hard to imagine that there could be enough unknown underground space for an entire civilization to live in undetected (Unless you believe in that whole Hollow Earth thing).

Also, to Pimander: If you're interested in the Voyager episode I mentioned, it's called "Distant Origin" and it's up on youtube. I can't reply to PMs yet, it seems. It's a very cool episode, though. I kind of figured either it inspired this thread or the info in this thread inspired the episode.

edit on 21-2-2011 by Charizard because: Fixing stuff

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greybeard1

They said they actually discovered the creatures?

And yes, that saying is perfect, because it's more than likely true. Im sure if we could view everything that exists in every way that saying couldn't even describe it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1
There are a lot of stories told of people accidentally discovering underground caves which run endlessly deep, and they run into large reptilian humanoid beings. I wouldn't discount the possibility that these beings started as top-siders, and moved underground millions of years ago. Thus, little or no fossile record. You know what they say, truth can be stranger than fiction. Just sayin'.
Absolutely,the reptilians are underground,sasquatch are living underground too.That is the main reason sasquatch bodies are never found.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
There is a man named Tom Horn who has done a lot of research into "trans-humanism" and human altering projects being investigated by DARPA. He's a Christian and an author who takes an keen interest in the ethical side of these experiments on creating super humans through genetic engineering. His web-site is: raidersnewsupdate.com. There is some wild stuff over there.

If you don't already know, and have any interest in the Bible, it discusses genetic engineering during the times of Noah. (snip)The fallen angels mixed their DNA with human women and created giants. They also crossed human and animal DNA to make hybreds.
(snipped several times)

Are you saying that some DARPA projects are using dinosaur DNA? Or are you saying that the Nephilim were dinosaur human hybrids? This thread wasn't really about genetic manipulation. Does this have anything to do with the ancient species I am postulating?
edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Yes, the story goes that they are superior to humans in every way that matters, size, strength, intelligence, technology, etc., and look down on us much as we do lower forms of life. Supposedly, they frequently feed on humans as we do cattle, and feel like this is their planet, not ours, due to being here long before us. This led to many of them leaving this planet, while some of them chose to stay behind. I will look for the article. Sounds wild, but somehow has a ring of plausibility to it. Supposedly, this is why so many missing people are never found. People burgers. Yikes.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Right on brindle. I have heard this as well. It seems that underground clubs are very exotic indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Evolution frequently finds similar ways to adapt too the same environmental challenges. A good example is the number of traits sharks and dolphins share. Sharks evolved from a fish and dolphins evolved from a dog like mammal. They have adapted to their environment in similar ways despite starting from completely different places.

I understand the point you are making, convergent evolution. However, look at what happened in the evolution of dinosaurs; they moved away from opposable thumbs in order to grow wings.

Also, while there is convergent evolution, species do not always evolve similar attributes to meet similar challenges. There are many animals that share the same environments as primates but did not evolve a humanoid form.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
I understand the point you are making, convergent evolution. However, look at what happened in the evolution of dinosaurs; they moved away from opposable thumbs in order to grow wings.

But they also have evolved into many other things too.

It is a popular misconception that evolution is linear. It is more like a tree. Stephen Jay Gould explains this brilliantly in this article.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68b2005d271f.gif[/atsimg]

During this course on evolution and philosophy, the teacher had posed the question whether there is any direction and progress in evolution. I naively expected that most of us would snicker and say ‘No, of course not!’. Naturally, I was wrong (you probably felt this one coming). Several students advocated that there was progress in evolution, pointing to humans as the greatest example of an ‘upward direction’ in evolution. Some of them even stated that ‘humans are more evolved’ than other species! Our supposed dominance over the earth and other animals was given as the principle argument for this standpoint. This kind of reasoning is so flawed, that I was cringing in my seat.
The Most common Misconception About Evolution

edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think this thread is on the right track but not entirely accurate.There is a vast array of alien species,earth species,bigfoot species,and animal species all living underground.It is just common sense.Why live above ground to brave the harsh elements.Living inside the earth is permanent shelter ,which has an indefinite lifecycle.No need to change the roof charly down here.Maybe its time civilians venture down into the inner earth to take up residency.Its cheap,as of now,rent is free.Stay clear of existing civilizations down there and youll be fine.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The main fact that i want to repeat is THEY HAD MILLIONS AND MILLIONS more years than us to develop and evolve. And why is there no evidence? The asteroid that theoretically hit earth arrived evidently 65 million years ago, so how could anything (aside from calcium from dinosaur bones getting replaced by minerals[fossils]) survive for that period of time? And if they were that advanced would have surly left earth to avoid such a cataclysm. Great post regardless how controversial op

edit on 2/21/2011 by mbaker90 because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
.....*sigh* These dinosaurioids are REPTILLIANS. They can be mistaken as dragons/dinosaurs. The Reptillians are the ones controlling groups like Illuminati and the Masons. The "satanic cult" is actually a reptillian contact.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If you ever come into contact with a reptilian,take your hand,spread your index and middle finger very wide,and poke the eyes.If they attempt to do a bridge with their hand to block you,do a bolo hammerfist to the head wiseguy.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbaker90
And if they were that advanced would have surly left earth to avoid such a cataclysm. Great post regardless how controversial op

edit on 2/21/2011 by mbaker90 because: typo

That is kind of what the thread title is saying? Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home? That would imply that some of them left.

I also mentioned in passing the idea of hiding underground. We don't know why, a species would have to stay below for so long that they are better adapted to down there. Cosmic conditions may have dictated it. Perhaps a nearby super nova? God listen to me speculating. How terrible of me

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

"God listen to me speculating. How terrible of me
" not terrible at all, Pimander! I think that under speculation is what humans are getting more accustomed to. If we dont ask questions, we wont get answers or more ideas.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Frankly, I'd be surprised if we were the first intelligent species on this planet. A species descended from dinosaurs would have had ample time to dominate the planet and leave. Or destroy itself. As for remnants... You' ve got to be kidding? There would be absolutely nothing left. Metals would have been corroded eons ago. Plastics? Some bacteria actually eat plastics. And anyway, who'se to say they would have develped technology the same way we did? They might never have developed plastics. They could have developed techonology by adapting species. For an interesting read on this, go to Harry Harrison's "West of Eden" series of books.

In the 65 million years since the extinction of dinosaurs, there could have been several intelligent species that have dominated the Earth and left or destroyed themselves. As humans, we are probably not the first human civilisation either.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I might have missed it. But at least on the first page, no one mentions why none of these fossils of these bipeds have been found (at least to public knowledge). We have found the fossils of dinosaurs that are hundreds of million years old. If these bipeds supposedly existed with the dinosaurs as the OP theorizes, then it would be logical to assume we would have found such fossils, even if rare. This is not so say I don't think it is an interesting theory or that it's not possible, but would be one of the biggest archeological cover-ups of all times.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Anything is possible, evolution has no form, it's caused by solar radiation. It's a bloody random hot mess.

My doubt in the theory comes from thinking these creatures managed to leave this planet.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You have two correct ideas, the idea of a primitive dinosaur people, and of reptillian Gods, however, the primitive dinosaur people were originally slaves to the Gods, who were actually not reptillian, however were apart of an empire that included a reptillian race. The "reptillian rules" of Earth/illuminati etc are an entireley separate reptillian race alltogether, that forced the native Earth reptillians (and also our ancestors) to betray the ruling "God". There are so many different kinds of aliens in this Galaxy, basically, for every species of animal that we know, there is a bipedal alien.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

There is always something. Lets say something as intelligent as us, if not more so, existed before or at the beginning of the dinosaurs and during. If they were wiped out as a result of the asteroid, we can assume most of them went with the dinosaurs. Point being, anything alive from that era when it hit, would have been ultimately preserved in that layer. The proof is the fossil record we do have from that period. So it would also be likely that we would find (or have already and assuming my last statement, a cover-up) fossils of these bipeds. As to their technology, you assume they had the means to create "plastic" and such. I don't think that is true. If they existed they would have been at a stage as what we would call "cave men". A species of biped to have created any such material would need to have existed a lot earlier than the dinosaurs and their predecessors for there to be absolutely no record of their existence whatsoever. It would also mean that this planet hosted life much earlier than we are lead to believe.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Interesting theory. I doubt it is true, but it would make an excellent premise for an action packed series of science fiction novels.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join