It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another very large earthquake, Christchurch New Zealand.. and video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Terrible news, praying for you guys from Wellington. There are people in cafes watching live coverage.
I heard that the water supply might be polluted so stick to bottled water and if you dont already, get some food supplies, canned food, whatever you can get your hands on.

Read on the news that falling debris crushed 2 buses, anyone on them would be lucky to get out.

Pics of damage here www.stuff.co.nz...

I managed to reach friends on the vodafone network so that seems to be up.

Hang in there Chch.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just watching Sky News here in the UK. Nothing mentioned yet, loads on the Libiya stuff but nothing about the quake yet. Thoughts and prayers to you guys and all involved in this.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Watching live coverage on the news in Australia, stay safe New Zealand.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm not able to connect to any of the live streaming t.v. stations, but am listening live to NewstalkZB. They're telling folks down there to please stop sending pictures around because it clogs up the net. Traffic is horrific because everyone was leaving and trying to get home all at once. Caller says the roads are all cracked up and ankle deep water. Some areas water above the knees. State of emergency declared. Lots of serious injuries & fatalities. Collapsed buildings. Many people trapped. No electricity. Don't flush the toilets. Some people walking in state of confusion. Keep travel to a minimum. Check on your neighbors if you can. Expect more aftershocks. Bob Parker - mayor of Christchurch was speaking.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

Prayers.

www.csmonitor.com...

Hope the damage is limited even though it's from another faultline

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Watching Sky News National New Zealand Live feed.

Seems there was another severe aftershock. People are trapped on the floors of the
church. It looks just terrible - I feel for so many of you right now.

With the aftershocks would it not be best for everyone to leave Christchurch if they can.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

This is terrible...but I just have to ask, what the hell does that guy think he is accomplishing by sweeping the street of dirt?? I mean honestly....an earthquake just happened and hes like...la di da I'm gonna sweep the street..sorry I just had to comment on how odd I thought that was lol...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I can't believe this is happening to the people of Chrstchurch again, my heart goes out to every single one of you. I'll be saying prayers for you all.

Take care of your wonderful selves. Be strong.
edit on 21-2-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Now breaking on Sky here

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

The guy sweeping is probably in a state of shock. Feel bad for the people, I hope people find their friends and family alright.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

LOL, I totally agree with you, theres a major world disaster that has occurred and this guy seems to continue doing his day job.... it made me laugh!

Thoughts are with NZ.....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Oh I agree he probably is in shock but instead of sweeping the street of dust shouldn't he be like...helping someone out of that smashed building behind him? I really don't want to criticize the guy I don't know how I would react in that situation but I don't think I would be worried about dirt in the street....

the more I watch it the more it cracks me up lol

not to mention the lady slowly strolling across the street in the beginning like its a usual Sunday stroll, lol she ain't even looking back at the huge debris cloud rolling in behind her...

this whole video just wasn't at all what I expected people to be acting like I guess...

I do feel terrible for them though.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

He is reacting to a state of severe stress. Please do not laugh for it is far from funny and while it appears funny look at what lies below. I was in an abusive relationship once and when things would start getting out of control, I would just start cleaning the house - re-dust the end table, wash the kitchen table, clean the tub -- it is a reaction of extreme stress and the feeling if I just do the things I normally do, things will be okay and normal. So Very Sad!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Back for a quick update:

Some of Canterbury's earliest churches lie in rubble in the port of Lyttelton. Still awaiting news from the hillside suburbs but video released from Sumner shows huge boulders sliding down hillsides.

Delayed shock here in the household and desperation trying to contact two friends unheard from since the 6.3. Have had a few wobbles since. I can't stop shaking, anxiety levels through roof.

Thanks for all your thoughts - we all feel them.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by crazydaisy

Oh I agree he probably is in shock but instead of sweeping the street of dust shouldn't he be like...helping someone out of that smashed building behind him? I really don't want to criticize the guy I don't know how I would react in that situation but I don't think I would be worried about dirt in the street....

the more I watch it the more it cracks me up lol

You have no idea how you will react - everyone will tell you of very different reactions - from going back to sleep during the 7.1, to fits of giggles, to empyting the washing machine to saving the eggs from the fridge.

Even though I'm stuck here dealing with it, even I had to smirk at the nonchalant way in the which the lady strolled by as the boulder careered down the slope behind her.
edit on 21-2-2011 by MoorfNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Please, Please get your ass in gear - focus!!!!! Get things together and put them outside where you can access them. Gather your food and water if you can and put it in a safe location. You are a Quake Watcher, wear that with pride - You know what you need to do. You do not know what will happen next. We are thinking this is located on a different fault than the one in September. I know you are frightened but use your knowledge let it give you strength and our prays reminding you of your knowledge to make you and yours safe.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Listening to Sky News Natl they have said they do not want people going thru the rubble. They seem organized and are rescuing people. Bless each and everyone

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Don't worry honey - that's all done
After the 7.1 we take no chances and are permanently prepared.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Please post in this earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join